Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

4 Pages <1234>
Matthew and Messianic prophecies Options
cheriq
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:09:47 PM

dajcat wrote:
you don't have to use the word REBUKE to rebuke Cheriq and by the way that passage about hair was a cultural thing for that age. Is it a sin for a man to have long hair? I don't think so as God looks on the heart not on the outward appearance. that passage has nothing to do with our salvation any more than women wearing pants go to church or all men must be circumcised. reading that whole discourse it seems there was contention in the church at Corinth over this matter and Paul ends his statement on this matter in verse 1 Cor. 11: 16

ywatchman David:

Ah! A cultural thing is your excuse. I see. So, you can cherry pick Paul's injunctions then, too.
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

dajcat
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:19:26 PM

5 out of seven is not too bad anyway and I left out a few. but i still question your assumption.

1 Samuel 17: 45-46 reads like a pretty good rebuke to me and WHY WHAT EVIL HATH HE DONE seems like a rebuke to me.

watchman David
ixoye_8
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 10:40:15 PM

dajcat wrote:
5 out of seven is not too bad anyway and I left out a few. but i still question your assumption.

1 Samuel 17: 45-46 reads like a pretty good rebuke to me and WHY WHAT EVIL HATH HE DONE seems like a rebuke to me.

AND WHY DID JESUS MY MASTER REBUKE ???
ONLY FOR SINNING AGAINST GOD .. NEVER OVER HIS BRUISED EGO ..
mjfrog2010
#44 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:21:27 PM

WHO IS YOUR WHATEVERS MASTER?? SHE CAN QUOTE ALL DAY LONG,,BUT SAYS SHE DOESNT ACCEPT IT. ITS BEING A FAKER TO CLAIM TO TEACH US HOW TO FOLLOW GOD,,,YOU, IX, WONDER AIMLESSLY WHILE PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK FOR KNOWING SOME GREEK AND SOME CATHOLICISM. YOU ARE NOT A TEACHER,,NOR A PREACHER,,NOR ANYTHING THAT I DONT REBUKE.
dajcat
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:21:57 PM

sorry to say ix but Jesus is not your master. If He were you would not be preaching that you don't need .Him to access the Father.

watchman David

When we are praying, do we pray directly to God or through Jesus ...
https://carm.org/pray-directly-to-god-or-jesus
As Christians, we pray to God our Father, and we pray in Jesus' name because ... told us that we should raise our prayers directly to God, namely, God the Father. ... that it is through Jesus that we have that kind of direct access to the Father.
Is Jesus the only way to get to God? - bethinking.org
https://www.bethinking.o...-the-only-way-to-get-to- god‎
Christians are often accused of being narrow-minded because we assert there ... Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but ...
Should I Pray to the Father, the Son, or the Spirit? | Desiring God
https://www.desiringgod....e-father-the-son-or-the- spirit‎
29 Aug 2014 ... Learn how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit should shape our prayer life. ... We have no access to God without Christ and his name. And so ...
Pray to God the Father in the Name of Jesus - Bible Knowledge
https://www.bible-knowle...e-father-in-the-name-of- jesus/‎
Good, biblical article showing that we should pray direct to God the Father in the ... Jesus and His sacrificial death on the cross that we now have direct access to ...
If God the Father is so Powerful, Why Do We Need Jesus?
https://www.ccsouthbay.o...log/why-do-we-need-jesus
21 Oct 2016 ... To some, He's seen as "God Junior”, or just great teacher and healer to unbelievers. Find out here who Jesus truly is and why you need Him.
God Help Me - AllAboutGOD.com
https://www.allaboutgod.com/god-help-me.htm
God Help Me - Are you crying out for God to rescue you from your current situation? ... He loves you so much and doesn't want you to go through this trial alone. All you need to do is believe. Pray a simple, sincere prayer: “Heavenly Father, I believe Your Son Jesus Christ died on the ... Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
Jesus is the Only Way - AllAboutGOD.com
https://www.allaboutgod....esus-is-the-only-way.htm
Jesus is the Only Way – Do Christians Really Mean That? ... No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6). ... Since no one is good enough to get into heaven—if they were, then Christ's sacrifice would have been ... human sacrifice as a form of worship, then something inside you should say that is wrong .
What does it mean that Jesus is interceding for us in heaven?
https://www.compellingtr...g/Jesus-interceding.html
But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the ... who are His children in order to provide forgiveness and access to the Father. ... that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but ...
Is Jesus the Only Way to Heaven? | CBN.com
www.cbn.com/spirituallif...ology/.../why_jesus.aspx
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website ... I and the Father are one. ... No one can come to the Father except through me. ... All we have to do is believe and receive what Jesus did to bring salvation to us ...
Get To Know Jesus | Amazing Facts
https://www.amazingfacts...-study/get-to-know-jesus
Jesus holds out before you the gift of salvation, but how do you take it? The Bible tells us that we must first sense our need of Christ. This comes as the Holy ...
ixoye_8
#46 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:54:07 PM

sorry to say dajcat, but Jesus is not your master .. If He were you would believe the bible ..
Jhn 6:44 “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

I SAID YOU MUST BELIEVE AND OBEY JESUS TO GAIN SALVATION ..
SO YOU BALD FACE LIE .. REPENT ..
ixoye_8
#47 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:56:19 PM

YOU FROIG, ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN ..
1Jo 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

mjfrog2010 wrote:
WHO IS YOUR WHATEVERS MASTER?? SHE CAN QUOTE ALL DAY LONG,,BUT SAYS SHE DOESNT ACCEPT IT. ITS BEING A FAKER TO CLAIM TO TEACH US HOW TO FOLLOW GOD,,,YOU, IX, WONDER AIMLESSLY WHILE PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK FOR KNOWING SOME GREEK AND SOME CATHOLICISM. YOU ARE NOT A TEACHER,,NOR A PREACHER,,NOR ANYTHING THAT I DONT REBUKE.

mjfrog2010
#48 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:24:43 AM

CALLING ME EVIL DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION,,,,WHO IS CHERI'S MASTER?? CANT EITHERT ONE OF YOU ANSWER THAT?? WHY WOULD THAT BE??
cheriq
#49 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 1:17:53 PM

mjfrog2010 wrote:
CALLING ME EVIL DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION,,,,WHO IS CHERI'S MASTER?? CANT EITHERT ONE OF YOU ANSWER THAT?? WHY WOULD THAT BE??

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. GO STUDY THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES AND THEIR USE BY MATTHEW.

MASTER? I AM MY OWN MASTER - I DO AS I WILL HARMING NONE.

YOU NEED A MASTER? NOT SURPRISING.
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

dajcat
#50 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:13:54 PM

but you might be harming someone Cheriq. Say for instance your grandchildren who hear you say you don't need Jesus to talk to the Father or someone else whose faith is teetering on the brink. Is that not why you are here? To pit your beliefs against ours?

watchman David
dajcat
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:25:17 PM

The Father draws you to believe in jesus ix . Why would He send Jesus if not to draw you to Him? JESUS IS THE REASON Ik The Wise Men caim to worship Jesus and we should do the same. Don't deny you agree with Cheriq, that would only be heaping another lie on yourself.

watchman David
cheriq
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:58:48 PM

dajcat wrote:
but you might be harming someone Cheriq. Say for instance your grandchildren who hear you say you don't need Jesus to talk to the Father or someone else whose faith is teetering on the brink. I credit people with having their own minds, and encourage them to research as well as meditate (or "pray", if you prefer). Is that not why you are here? To pit your beliefs against ours? NOT at all. Perhaps, you need to understand, and drop your arrogance that YOU ARE RIGHT and those who have different views are WRONG. Tain't so.

watchman David

ixoye_8
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:59:06 PM

dajcat wrote:
Why would He send Jesus if not to draw you to Him?
Don't deny you agree with Cheriq, that would only be heaping another lie on yourself.

THE ANSWER DAVID IS TO PAY A PRICE NO MAN COULD ..
CHERI AND I DO NOT HOLD IDENTICAL BELIEFS .. AND THAT IS A FACT ..
YOU LIE BY CALLING THAT A LIE, AND ALSO LIE BY SAYING "ANOTHER"
Shame on you Shame on you
dajcat
#54 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:01:04 PM

and why did Jesus need to pay a price that no one else could? and I do not lie. you do not agree on scripture on a number of items,
don't deny you do not agree with her on the need of needing Jesus.

watchman David
ixoye_8
#55 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:17:15 PM

dajcat wrote:
and why did Jesus need to pay a price that no one else could? and I do not lie. you do not agree on scripture on a number of items,
don't deny you do not agree with her on the need of needing Jesus.

WHY DONT YOU KNOW ???
YES YOU DO LIE Sneaky
YOU IGNORE SCRIPTURE IF IT REFUTES YOUR DOGMAS ..
I DISAGREE WITH CHERI ON AN ASSORTMENT OF BIBLICAL ISSUES ..
BUT UNLIKE YOU .. I DONT CHASE PEOPLE FROM GOD BY REFUSING TO SHOW PATIENCE AND COMPASSION TO OTHERS ..
A PERSONS EXAMPLE IS ALWAYS MORE POWERFUL THEN THEIR WORDS ..
dajcat
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:37:00 PM

tomorrow may be too late Ix and you do agree with Cheriq on not needing Jesus to access the Father so why skirt around it with
AN ASSORTMENT OF BIBLE ISSUES .

WHAT PART OF SCRIPTURE DOI IGNORE ?

watchman David
cfirebird65
#57 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 3:45:09 AM

dajcat wrote:
WHAT PART OF SCRIPTURE DOI IGNORE ?

You ignore ALL THE SCRIPTURE THAT IS MISSING FROM YOUR INCOMPLETE BIBLE AND THE ERRORS IN THEM.

YOU ALSO PROMOTE PROTESTANT ERRORS AND CLAIM YOU GIVE US BIBLICAL TRUTH.

Luther removed 7 books which contain most of our doctrines (hence your lies that you can't find this or that in your Protestant Bible.

You tell those lies to cast doubt on Catholic beliefs.

Examine your duplicity instead of pretending your interpretation of Scripture is the Gospel of Jesus.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

dajcat
#58 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 8:52:02 AM

Good morning Firebird, If most of your doctrine is founded on the Apocrypha you surely are in a bad condiition.

If you do not tell me what part of scripture I am possibly in error on how can i correct it?

watchman David

cfirebird65
#59 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 10:55:24 AM

dajcat wrote:
If most of your doctrine is founded on the Apocrypha you surely are in a bad condiition.
If you do not tell me what part of scripture I am possibly in error on how can i correct it?

dajbaal, stop looking in your mirror and finding YOU ARE IN BAD CONDITION. Get over your unscrupulous anti-Catholic bigotry and ignorant opinions because they are not God's Word!
Liar Shame on you
This topic on Luther removing 7 books from Scripture has been discussed many times over the 10 years you have been online. YOU ARE SHOWN YOUR ERRORS EVERY TIME YOU POST YOUR WILD OPINIONS WITHOUT ANY HISTORICAL REFERENCE. Either you are getting senile or you just love flinging anti-Catholic rocks to while away your loneliness.

Why don't you learn a different POV from ancient Christian writers? Why don't you copy the content in those notes for future reference? I suspect you are stubborn and like to cling to your yahoos' opinions from the internet and your fundamentalist dogma. You also take liberties with God's Word and ignore the 2000 year old history of Christian beliefs.

Unlike Protestants who bicker over Scripture verses and start new churches (which led to splintering into 49,000+ divisions with watered-down doctrines taught by fake pastors with phony credentials), the Catholic Church has the official interpretation of the Bible - the Sacred Book it compiled 1500 years ago. The Church also has a priesthood with APOSTOLIC LINEAGE through the laying of hands. This is how Christ ordained it for His Bride whom He called the Pillar and Ground of truth. You can't show me anywhere in Scripture that Jesus appointed Luther's Church as the official interpreter of His teachings and that anyone can become a pastor and teach their opinions are God's Word like you do..
RollEyes
For Catholics, it is not a matter of scoring but a matter of authority. Someone has to close the canon. In other words, some authority has to say “these books are inspired and these books are not inspired.” It was the Catholic Church that made that determination.

Without the authority of the Catholic Church, how does a Protestant know which books belong in the New Testament?

Reformed theologian R. C. Sproul honestly admits that the Protestant position can at best claim “a fallible collection of infallible books” (Essential Truths of the Christian Faith [Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House, 1992], 22).

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

dajcat
#60 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 10:57:08 PM

I AM STUBBORN , STUBBORN FOR CHRIST, NOT IN ANY DENOMINATION, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT CLAIMS THEY ARE THE ONLT TRUE CHURCH AND UNLESS YOU ARE OF THAT PERSUASION YOU CANNOT BE SAVED. GOD HAS NO FIRSTS OR SECONDS.
LIKE LUTHER WHO BY SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURE FOUND WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE NOT BY WORKS, I FOUND YOU OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC PERSUASION .ARE ANATHEMA, CURSED BY GOD.
COME OUT OF IT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TIME.

watchman David
4 Pages <1234>