Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

PASSION WEEK Options
ixoye_8
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:03:29 PM

PASSION WEEK ..

Psa 89:27 “I also shall make Him, My firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth.

Mat 21:1 When they had approached Jerusalem and had come to Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples,
Mat 21:2 saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied there and a colt with her; untie them and bring them to Me.
Mat 21:3 “If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”
Mat 21:4 This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
Mat 21:5 “SAY TO THE DAUGHTER OF ZION, ‘BEHOLD YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU, GENTLE, AND MOUNTED ON A DONKEY, EVEN ON A COLT, THE FOAL OF A BEAST OF BURDEN.’”
Mat 21:6 The disciples went and did just as Jesus had instructed them,
Mat 21:7 and brought the donkey and the colt, and laid their coats on them; and He sat on the coats.
Mat 21:8 Most of the crowd spread their coats in the road, and others were cutting branches from the trees and spreading them in the road.
Mat 21:9 The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed, were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David; BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD; Hosanna in the highest!
Mat 21:10 When He had entered Jerusalem, all the city was stirred, saying, “Who is this?”
Mat 21:11 And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
Mat 21:13 And He *said to them, “It is written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER’; but you are making it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”
Mat 21:14 And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
Mat 21:15 But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they became indignant
Mat 21:16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these children are saying?” And Jesus *said to them, “Yes; have you never read, ‘OUT OF THE MOUTH OF INFANTS AND NURSING BABIES YOU HAVE PREPARED PRAISE FOR YOURSELF’?”

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Psa 118:26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD; We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.

Jer 7:11
“Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of robbers in your sight? Behold, I, even I, have seen it,” declares the LORD.

Psa 8:2 From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength, because of Your adversaries, to make the enemy and the revengeful cease.
Sponsor  

ixoye_8
#2 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:05:33 PM

PASSION WEEK ..

Mat 21:17 And He left them and went out of the city to Bethany, and spent the night there.
Mat 21:18 Now in the morning, when He was returning to the city, He became hungry.
Mat 21:19 Seeing a lone fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it except leaves only; and He *said to it, “No longer shall there ever be any fruit from you.” And at once the fig tree withered.

note: this was symbolic of the blessings of God ignored, and not using them to bear fruit, hence the Blessings (aka spirit of God) removed, in which mankind ha only death without God ..

Mat 21:20 Seeing this, the disciples were amazed and asked, “How did the fig tree wither all at once?”
Mat 21:21 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.
Mat 21:22 “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Mat 21:23 When He entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to Him while He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these things, and who gave You this authority?”
Mat 21:24 Jesus said to them, “I will also ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I will also tell you by what authority I do these things.
Mat 21:25 “The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men?” And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say to us, ‘Then why did you not believe him?’
Mat 21:26 “But if we say, ‘From men,’ we fear the people; for they all regard John as a prophet.”
Mat 21:27 And answering Jesus, they said, “We do not know.” He also said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.
Mat 21:28 “But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.

note: the 2nd son is the one who claims to be a believer (obedient son) to the father, while the 1st son does not ..

Mat 21:29 “And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went.
Mat 21:30 “The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go.
Mat 21:31 “Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus *said to them, “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.

note: claiming to be a son means nothing without obedience to the father ..

Mat 21:32 “For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.
Mat 21:33 “Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who PLANTED A VINEYARD AND PUT A WALL AROUND IT AND DUG A WINE PRESS IN IT, AND BUILT A TOWER, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey.

note: the vine growers are believers in God (Jews) ..

Mat 21:34 “When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce.

note: the slaves are the Prophets of God ..

Mat 21:35 “The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third.
Mat 21:36 “Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them.

note: the 2nd group of slaves are also Prophets of God ..

Mat 21:37 “But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.
Mat 21:38 “But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’
Mat 21:39 “They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.
Mat 21:40 “Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?”
Mat 21:41 They said to Him, “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons.”
Mat 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER STONE; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES’?
Mat 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.
Mat 21:44 “And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.
Mat 21:45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them.
Mat 21:46 When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

note this applies EQUALLY to ANY son who says they are sons, but prove themselves NOT by disobedience ..

Mat 7:26 “Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Mat 7:27 “The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.
ixoye_8
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:08:03 PM

Psa 22:1 For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David.
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
Psa 22:2 O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.
Psa 22:3 Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
Psa 22:4 In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.
Psa 22:5 To You they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted and were not disappointed.
Psa 22:6 But I am a worm and not a man, A reproach of men and despised by the people.
Psa 22:7 All who see me sneer at me; They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
Psa 22:8 “Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”
Psa 22:9 Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother’s breasts.
Psa 22:10 Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother’s womb.
Psa 22:11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.
Psa 22:12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
Psa 22:13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion.
Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.
Psa 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death.
Psa 22:16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;
Psa 22:18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
Psa 22:19 But You, O LORD, be not far off; O You my help, hasten to my assistance.
Psa 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword, My only life from the power of the dog.
Psa 22:21 Save me from the lion’s mouth; From the horns of the wild oxen You answer me.
Psa 22:22 I will tell of Your name to my brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
Psa 22:23 You who fear the LORD, praise Him; All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And stand in awe of Him, all you descendants of Israel.
Psa 22:24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from him; But when he cried to Him for help, He heard.
Psa 22:25 From You comes my praise in the great assembly; I shall pay my vows before those who fear Him.
Psa 22:26 The afflicted will eat and be satisfied; Those who seek Him will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever!
Psa 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
Psa 22:28 For the kingdom is the LORD’S And He rules over the nations.
Psa 22:29 All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship, All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him, Even he who cannot keep his soul alive.
Psa 22:30 Posterity will serve Him; It will be told of the Lord to the coming generation.
Psa 22:31 They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed it.
ixoye_8
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:10:08 PM

Mat 28:1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.
Mat 28:2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.
Mat 28:3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.
Mat 28:4 The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.
Mat 28:5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.
Mat 28:6 “He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.
Mat 28:7 “Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.”
Mat 28:8 And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
Mat 28:9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.
Mat 28:10 Then Jesus *said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and take word to My brethren to leave for Galilee, and there they will see Me.”
Mat 28:11 Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened.
Mat 28:12 And when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
Mat 28:13 and said, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’
Mat 28:14 “And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble.”
Mat 28:15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.
Mat 28:16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated.
Mat 28:17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
ixoye_8
#5 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:11:08 PM

Mar 16:1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.
Mar 16:2 Very early on the first day of the week, they *came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
Mar 16:3 They were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?”
Mar 16:4 Looking up, they *saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large.
Mar 16:5 Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed.
Mar 16:6 And he said to them, “Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him.
Mar 16:7 “But go, tell His disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He told you.’”
Mar 16:8 They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had gripped them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
Mar 16:9 Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.
Mar 16:10 She went and reported to those who had been with Him, while they were mourning and weeping.
Mar 16:11 When they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they refused to believe it.
Mar 16:12 After that, He appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking along on their way to the country.
Mar 16:13 They went away and reported it to the others, but they did not believe them either.
Mar 16:14 Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.
Mar 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mar 16:16 “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Mar 16:17 “These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Mar 16:19 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed. And they promptly reported all these instructions to Peter and his companions. And after that, Jesus Himself sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation.
ixoye_8
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:12:16 PM

Luk 24:1 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.
Luk 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
Luk 24:3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luk 24:4 While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing;
Luk 24:5 and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?
Luk 24:6 “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,
Luk 24:7 saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.”
Luk 24:8 And they remembered His words,
Luk 24:9 and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.
Luk 24:10 Now they were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James; also the other women with them were telling these things to the apostles.
Luk 24:11 But these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them.
Luk 24:12 But Peter got up and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings only; and he went away to his home, marveling at what had happened.
Luk 24:13 And behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was about seven miles from Jerusalem.
Luk 24:14 And they were talking with each other about all these things which had taken place.
Luk 24:15 While they were talking and discussing, Jesus Himself approached and began traveling with them.
Luk 24:16 But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him.
Luk 24:17 And He said to them, “What are these words that you are exchanging with one another as you are walking?” And they stood still, looking sad.
Luk 24:18 One of them, named Cleopas, answered and said to Him, “Are You the only one visiting Jerusalem and unaware of the things which have happened here in these days?”
Luk 24:19 And He said to them, “What things?” And they said to Him, “The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people,
Luk 24:20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to the sentence of death, and crucified Him.
Luk 24:21 “But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, it is the third day since these things happened.
Luk 24:22 “But also some women among us amazed us. When they were at the tomb early in the morning,
Luk 24:23 and did not find His body, they came, saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said that He was alive.
Luk 24:24 “Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just exactly as the women also had said; but Him they did not see.”
Luk 24:25 And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
Luk 24:26 “Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?”
Luk 24:27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.
Luk 24:28 And they approached the village where they were going, and He acted as though He were going farther.
Luk 24:29 But they urged Him, saying, “Stay with us, for it is getting toward evening, and the day is now nearly over.” So He went in to stay with them.
Luk 24:30 When He had reclined at the table with them, He took the bread and blessed it, and breaking it, He began giving it to them.
Luk 24:31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight.
Luk 24:32 They said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us?”
Luk 24:33 And they got up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found gathered together the eleven and those who were with them,
Luk 24:34 saying, “The Lord has really risen and has appeared to Simon.”
Luk 24:35 They began to relate their experiences on the road and how He was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread.
Luk 24:36 While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and *said to them, “Peace be to you.”
Luk 24:37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 “See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
Luk 24:40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
Luk 24:41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?”
Luk 24:42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;
Luk 24:43 and He took it and ate it before them.
Luk 24:44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
Luk 24:45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,
Luk 24:46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,
Luk 24:47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 “You are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 “And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”
Luk 24:50 And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.
Luk 24:51 While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven.
Luk 24:52 And they, after worshiping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
Luk 24:53 and were continually in the temple praising God.
ixoye_8
#7 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:13:26 PM

Jhn 20:1 Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb, while it was still dark, and saw the stone already taken away from the tomb.
Jhn 20:2 So she ran and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and *said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
Jhn 20:3 So Peter and the other disciple went forth, and they were going to the tomb.
Jhn 20:4 The two were running together; and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first;
Jhn 20:5 and stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings lying there; but he did not go in.
Jhn 20:6 And so Simon Peter also came, following him, and entered the tomb; and he saw the linen wrappings lying there,
Jhn 20:7 and the face-cloth which had been on His head, not lying with the linen wrappings, but rolled up in a place by itself.
Jhn 20:8 So the other disciple who had first come to the tomb then also entered, and he saw and believed.
Jhn 20:9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.
Jhn 20:10 So the disciples went away again to their own homes.
Jhn 20:11 But Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping; and so, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb;
Jhn 20:12 and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying.
Jhn 20:13 And they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”
Jhn 20:14 When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
Jhn 20:15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, “Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”
Jhn 20:16 Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, “Rabboni!” which means Teacher.
Jhn 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’”
Jhn 20:18 Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and that He had said these things to her.
Jhn 20:19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “fnPeace be with you.”
Jhn 20:20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
Jhn 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
Jhn 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
Jhn 20:23 “If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”

Jhn 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Jhn 20:25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
Jhn 20:26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”
Jhn 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
Jhn 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Jhn 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
Jhn 20:30 Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
Jhn 20:31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
cheriq
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:18:21 PM

To my Christian friends -

To my unaffiliated nature-loving friends -

Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

cfirebird65
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:03:03 AM

Welcome back, Terry and Cheri - we missed you more than words can say.

So glad to see you back again!
ThumbsUp

Thank you for your contributions. Hope you will continue to liven up the forum.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

ixoye_8
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:39:46 AM

cfirebird65 wrote:
Welcome back, Terry and Cheri - we missed you more than words can say.

So glad to see you back again!
ThumbsUp

Thank you for your contributions. Hope you will continue to liven up the forum.

perhaps in this forum .. but not in the ones that willfully post hate and lies .. I have no time for those people .. God bless you ..