Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

2 Pages <12
WOW. Tumbleweeds in the Religious Corner.. Options
paulsasylum
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:00:33 PM

gemini wrote:

Maybe I missed why no one posts in this forum any longer, but I don't have the time to try to figure out why. Anyone have the short, educated answer??
Did someone die here, or what?!!Confused

Maybe I missed why no one posts in this forum any longer, but I don't have the time to try to figure out why. Anyone have the short, educated answer??
Did someone die here, or what?!!

Can I have a shot at answering your question?

It’s been a few years since I have posted anything on copper.net's forums. My interest was usually in the ‘religious’ column, however, I believe that religion sucks. I still tried to find some ‘spiritual’ goodness or virtue in the columns but found myself trying to stay out of the ‘manure pile’ that was always in my path of trying to walk from here to there.

I read the ‘green ink’ lady’s columns and got tired of being yelled and screamed at. I read the ‘pre-tribber’s’ comments and got tired of being called out for simple remarks I had made, comments made without anger, offensive language, or disparaging remarks. And then there is the ‘other couple’ who will not answer a question. I won’t even discuss them here as I know my comments will just be ignored and trashed.

I use a Mac desktop computer (so I’m not completely stupid) and the only reason I even visit copper.net is to dump all the mail before it is downloaded onto my laptop. I always do that before I open MacMail. That’s the only time I ever use copper.net and the only time I even see the columns. They are still filled with the same garbage.

Sorry I was not able to share that I had both cataracts removed and I now have 20/20 vision. Sorry I was not able to share the amazing news that I had a hole drilled in my skull and a small titanium stud installed and now I have perfect hearing from a BAHA amplifier (similar to what Rush Limbaugh has) whereas I was practically deaf before. It’s funny, but as I typed out . . . Rush Limbaugh, I had this thought . . . I’ll sure get hell for that one!

Sorry I wasn’t able to share the miracles that God has been providing me in those years that I never felt comfortable writing or contributing anything to the ‘religious columns’ in copper.net.
This is sorta’ like the church I was raised in—legalism! I learned to keep my mouth shut really quick!

Well, I hope I’ve answered your question. I know that I have fallen short on two separate issues of your question, and as I’m typing this out, I realized that there will most likely be a couple of contributors who might (I said ‘might’) make the comment . . . “That wasn’t a short answer.” And the second issue is . . . I am not an ‘educated’ person. I do not have a high school diploma. I did not ‘drop out’ of high school . . . I ran as fast as I could!

Anyway . . . everybody keep up with your fighting, conflicts, the shouting, the yelling and your judgmental attitudes. Myself . . . I’m just going to walk around the pile of manure!

And have a nice day.

Paul E. Baker
Oh, by the way, I’ve already heard all the comments concerning my e-mail address, so please choose something else if you want to ‘rag’ on me. Thanks.
mjfrog2010
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:32:27 PM

IT WASNT ABOUT RELIGION,,,IT WAS A 'BELIEVE AS THE CATHOLIC GREEN LADY SAYS OR GET TRASHED. THOSE THAT WANT TO TESTIFY SHOULD,,IT CAN BE WITHOUT ALL THE HATE AND ANGER,,,NEITHER OF WHICH SHOULD BE IN A 'RELIGIOUS' THREAD TO BEGIN WITH. I KNOW I HAVENT MISSED IT.
cheriq
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 5:14:33 PM

I don't believe as the "Catholic Green Lady" (firebird/Fiona) does, and I didn't get trashed.

So.... one needs to actually tell the TRUTH and be nice.

I took a hiatus posting as it was the same ole, same ole. Not a lot of tolerant discussion to examine various theologies/religions/belief systems.

Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

fishnet
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 7:14:38 PM

Message was deleted by User.
gemini
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 3:13:47 AM

Hey, Mr. Baker,
Thank you for your honesty, and aren't you so blessed being able to see & hear well again!ThumpUp Good for you!! I hope your good luck continues.ThumbsUp

paulsasylum wrote:
gemini wrote:

Did someone die here, or what?!!

Can I have a shot at answering your question?

It’s been a few years since I have posted anything on copper.net's forums. My interest was usually in the ‘religious’ column, however, I believe that religion sucks. I still tried to find some ‘spiritual’ goodness or virtue in the columns but found myself trying to stay out of the ‘manure pile’ that was always in my path of trying to walk from here to there.

I read the ‘green ink’ lady’s columns and got tired of being yelled and screamed at. I read the ‘pre-tribber’s’ comments and got tired of being called out for simple remarks I had made, comments made without anger, offensive language, or disparaging remarks. And then there is the ‘other couple’ who will not answer a question. I won’t even discuss them here as I know my comments will just be ignored and trashed.

I use a Mac desktop computer (so I’m not completely stupid) and the only reason I even visit copper.net is to dump all the mail before it is downloaded onto my laptop. I always do that before I open MacMail. That’s the only time I ever use copper.net and the only time I even see the columns. They are still filled with the same garbage.

Sorry I was not able to share that I had both cataracts removed and I now have 20/20 vision. Sorry I was not able to share the amazing news that I had a hole drilled in my skull and a small titanium stud installed and now I have perfect hearing from a BAHA amplifier (similar to what Rush Limbaugh has) whereas I was practically deaf before. It’s funny, but as I typed out . . . Rush Limbaugh, I had this thought . . . I’ll sure get hell for that one!

Sorry I wasn’t able to share the miracles that God has been providing me in those years that I never felt comfortable writing or contributing anything to the ‘religious columns’ in copper.net.
This is sorta’ like the church I was raised in—legalism! I learned to keep my mouth shut really quick!

Well, I hope I’ve answered your question. I know that I have fallen short on two separate issues of your question, and as I’m typing this out, I realized that there will most likely be a couple of contributors who might (I said ‘might’) make the comment . . . “That wasn’t a short answer.” And the second issue is . . . I am not an ‘educated’ person. I do not have a high school diploma. I did not ‘drop out’ of high school . . . I ran as fast as I could!

Anyway . . . everybody keep up with your fighting, conflicts, the shouting, the yelling and your judgmental attitudes. Myself . . . I’m just going to walk around the pile of manure!

And have a nice day.

Paul E. Baker
Oh, by the way, I’ve already heard all the comments concerning my e-mail address, so please choose something else if you want to ‘rag’ on me. Thanks.

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
Mwalacavage
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:50:12 AM

Hey congrats on the cataract surgery...I too am enjoying new eyes though I still need $1 readers...

There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?

We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision.

They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of past.

There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers.

The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident. Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push.

William Seward Burroughs
cfirebird65
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:52:39 AM

paulsasylum wrote:
gemini wrote:

I read the ‘green ink’ lady’s columns and got tired of being yelled and screamed at..... That’s the only time I ever use copper.net and the only time I even see the columns. They are still filled with the same garbage.

Sorry I wasn’t able to share the miracles that God has been providing me in those years that I never felt comfortable writing or contributing anything to the ‘religious columns’ in copper.net. This is sorta’ like the church I was raised in—legalism! I learned to keep my mouth shut really quick! . “That wasn’t a short answer.” And the second issue is . . . I am not an ‘educated’ person. I do not have a high school diploma. I did not ‘drop out’ of high school . . . I ran as fast as I could!

Paul E. Baker

Hmm, the pile of manure you describe, appears to come from your Mac. Evidently, you are steeped in it since you appear to have long-standing grudges against anyone who is able to present cogent arguments.

Your post here is a classic example of your festering issues, inferiority complex and gross exaggerations.

You could have started your own thread about your "miracles" instead of griping about the "green ink lady," and throwing YOUR pile of manure at her without provocation. It is nonsense to say you got tired of being yelled at and screamed at when you always showed up to stir the pot with your usual "garbage."

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

cfirebird65
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:43:58 AM

mjfrog2010 wrote:
IT WASNT ABOUT RELIGION,,,IT WAS A 'BELIEVE AS THE CATHOLIC GREEN LADY SAYS OR GET TRASHED. THOSE THAT WANT TO TESTIFY SHOULD,,IT CAN BE WITHOUT ALL THE HATE AND ANGER,,,NEITHER OF WHICH SHOULD BE IN A 'RELIGIOUS' THREAD TO BEGIN WITH. I KNOW I HAVENT MISSED IT.

It was about religion! Why lie when you were in the front row bashing Terry and Cheri for their individual beliefs and trying to turn me against them?

What a chameleon you are!

Why lie again when YOU ASKED MARTIN TO FIND OUT IF YOU COULD WRITE TO ME AND BE MY FRIEND? You said that the forum was full of hate and you had no friends on the forum. You forgot to mention that you and dajcat were the main cause of all the fighting - you on the Political Forum and he on the Religion Corner lying and cursing at Catholics all the time.
Get real!

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

cfirebird65
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:56:05 AM

cheriq wrote:
I don't believe as the "Catholic Green Lady" (firebird/Fiona) does, and I didn't get trashed.

So.... one needs to actually tell the TRUTH and be nice.

I took a hiatus posting as it was the same ole, same ole. Not a lot of tolerant discussion to examine various theologies/religions/belief systems.

Thank you Cheri for your fearless witness.

Unfortunately, as you and Terry know, there has been a concerted effort of some who belonged on the "Christians United" thread to get rid of the three of us.

Praise God their malicious plot failed and we are still here.

cfirebird65
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:04:38 AM

ixoye_8 wrote:
cfirebird65 wrote:
Maybe you should initiate a thread inviting others to share how God touched their lives.
ThumbsUp

a wonderful idea, but I fear it would only be adding crickets to the tumbleweeds ..
God Bless You ..

Have no fear, Terry.

God will always help those who walk in the light of His truth. That is why Saints and first-class miracles still exist. All of us are called to be His Saints, irrespective of color or creed.

ThumbsUp

bgtg
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:40:36 AM

Maybe this corona 19 will kill off these religious nuts so only good people will be left...If you believe in this make believe god so much what the hell you doing clogging up the hospitals screaming for help..
Your god hates people so get used to it..You are asked to stay away from gatherings and what do you do --just the opposite because some brain dead pastor tells you to come to church and this god thing will protect you..I need something to protect me from you boneheads..........
cfirebird65
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 12:22:32 PM

bgtg wrote:
Maybe this corona 19 will kill off these religious nuts so only good people will be left

Are you implying you are good while wishing death on those who love God? Get help for your tortured soul.

bgtg wrote:
...If you believe in.. this make believe god so much what the hell you doing clogging up the hospitals screaming for help..Your god hates people so get used to it..

Not everyone who "clogs up the hospitals" believes in God. According to Christian Smith, a sociology and religion professor at the University of Notre Dame, America’s nonreligious lurch has mostly been the result of three historical events: the association of the Republican Party with the Christian right, the end of the Cold War, and 9/11. Evangelicals feel so embattled that they’ve turned to a deeply immoral and authoritarian champion to protect them — even if it means rendering unto an American Caesar whatever the heck he wants.

bgtg wrote:
You are asked to stay away from gatherings and what do you do --just the opposite because some brain dead pastor tells you to come to church and this god thing will protect you..I need something to protect me from you boneheads..........

Don't paint everyone who posts here with your irreligious brush. Early on during the corona virus outbreak, major religious bodies, including the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, imposed regional or global restrictions on their worship. During GWB's presidency, Christianity’s association with unpopular Republican policies drove more young liberals and moderates away from both the party and Christianity. New Atheists, such as Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris, became intellectual celebrities; the 2006 best seller American Theocracy argued that evangelicals in the Republican coalition were staging a quiet coup that would plunge the country into disarray and financial ruin. Throughout the Bush presidency, liberal voters — especially white liberal voters — detached from organized religion in ever-higher numbers.less hierarchical churches and houses of worship that do not answer to higher religious authorities, but will instead make decisions based on their own discernment and expertise. Here are examples for you to direct your focus on.

Lastly, to add to your confusion, your very stable genius in the White House claims the corona virus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert

jonrid
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:00:54 PM

bgtg wrote:
Maybe this corona 19 will kill off these religious nuts so only good people will be left...If you believe in this make believe god so much what the hell you doing clogging up the hospitals screaming for help..
Your god hates people so get used to it..You are asked to stay away from gatherings and what do you do --just the opposite because some brain dead pastor tells you to come to church and this god thing will protect you..I need something to protect me from you boneheads..........

MAYBE ALLAH IS CALLING THIS DOWN ON ALL THE UNBELIEVERS..... Tongue
IF YOU THINK HEALTH CARE IS EXPENSIVE NOW - JUST WAIT UNTIL IT'S FREE [/size]

DEMOCRATS HATE TRUMP MORE THAN THEY LOVE AMERICA....

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW --- EXCEPT ILLEGAL ALIENS & HILLARY CLINTON.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID" - JAMES CARVAL BILL CLINTON'S RE-ELECTION (post impeachment) CAMPAIGN MANAGER.

DEMOCRATS ARE ROOTING FOR THE VIRUS
fishnet
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 6:32:41 PM

Tumbleweeds keep filling up the spaces...they just keep tumbling along...where ever the wind blows...Pharisees among the flock they have not been guarding. See me Lord, know I am not like these others; I tithe, I fast, I give to the poor...why would I not be allowed into heaven?
alkarocky
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:22:25 PM

dajcat
#36 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 11:20:41 PM

Fishnet I'd like to agree with you for the sake of peace in the valley but sorry no good works or acts can gain us heaven.

WE are Saved by GRACE NOT BY WORKS, IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD LEST ANYONE SHOULD BOAST

WATCHMAN DAVID
Mwalacavage
#37 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 11:46:22 PM

dajcat wrote:

Fishnet I'd like to agree with you for the sake of peace in the valley but sorry no good works or acts can gain us heaven.

WE are Saved by GRACE NOT BY WORKS, IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD LEST ANYONE SHOULD BOAST

WATCHMAN DAVID

Careful reading can be of value.

There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?

We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision.

They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of past.

There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers.

The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident. Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push.

William Seward Burroughs
2 Pages <12