Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

5 Pages 123>»
I DO HOPE OUR FRIEND MARTIN HAS FOUND SAFE SHELTER. Options
alkarocky
#1 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2013 7:29:31 AM

Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Makes Landfall Philippines

Part of channelasleep/moon: Typhoon Haiyan (current event)

The Philippines are being pounded by Super Typhoon Haiyan. It's being reported as the most powerful storm on the planet in 30 years.

Haiyan was recorded packing winds of up to 314 kilometers winds as it made landfall earlier today. Television pictures already reveal widespread damage to parts of the central Philippines and authorities are warning of floods and landslides.The head of the Philippines Red Cross, Gwendolyn Pang, has told Asia Pacific even those who've sought emergency shelter are still at risk.

Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 12063 (Embed: 1722)

Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 211 (Embed: 0)

Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 0 (Embed: 0)

Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 780 (Embed: 690)

Embed CodeSwitch Player
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/...2786#jEEfcZuYKfGQdUAZ.99
Sponsor  

2treez
#2 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2013 9:10:26 AM

amen Al,
may God have mercy upon them all.
Pray

Mwalacavage
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:27:30 PM

From what I am hearing it sounds like the worst of the storm was a bit south of his location.

There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?

We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision.

They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of past.

There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers.

The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident. Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push.

William Seward Burroughs
jonrid
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:30:37 PM

VIET NAM NEEDS AMERICA'S TRAITOR BITCH, JANE FONDA TO ORGANIZE A TYPHOON RELIEF EFFORT; OR DOES SHE ONLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT COMMUNISTS WHEN THEY ARE KILLING AMERICANS?
IF YOU THINK HEALTH CARE IS EXPENSIVE NOW - JUST WAIT UNTIL IT'S FREE [/size]

DEMOCRATS HATE TRUMP MORE THAN THEY LOVE AMERICA....

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW --- EXCEPT ILLEGAL ALIENS & HILLARY CLINTON.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID" - JAMES CARVAL BILL CLINTON'S RE-ELECTION (post impeachment) CAMPAIGN MANAGER.
dmccollom
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:55:20 PM

I suspect someone here might not like Jane Fonda.
When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
tsundell
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:43:18 PM

I like Jane Fonda. I thing she'd make a great moving target in a live fire drill. LOL LOL LOL

Officially recorded winds for Haiyan's eyewall were 314 kph or 195 mph. Same wind speed as an F3 tornado. Prayers go out to Martin and his family.
mjfrog2010
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:11:16 PM

EVEN JANE FONDAS DADDY DISOWNED HER!!! HER BROTHER TOO!!THERE IS NO PUNISHMENT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT EVIL HO,HO,HO. SHE WILL BE HATED BY MILLIONS EVEN AFTER SHE DIES!!!
cfirebird65
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:06:03 PM

Our friend Martin, is alive, though nursing a broken arm for the past 2 mos.

Praise God he and Jenn are safe.

He said they were just a little over one fourth of a mile from total destruction.

Apparently, there is a lot of looting going on. You can read his post #8305 here.

Please continue to pray for all those who suffered terrible losses from Typhoon Haiyan. While they knew there was a bad storm approaching, they were completely caught by surprise by the intensity of it and surge from the 20 ft. wall of water.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

alkarocky
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:09:06 PM

cfirebird65 wrote:
Our friend Martin, is alive, though nursing a broken arm for the past 2 mos.

Praise God they are safe.

He said he and Jenn were just a little over one fourth of a mile from total destruction.

Apparently, there is a lot of looting going on. You can read his post #8305 here.

Please continue to pray for all those who suffered terrible losses from Typhoon Haiyan. While they knew they were going to experience a bad storm, they were completely caught by surprise by the its intensity and surge from the 20 ft. wall of water.

thank you so much for posting this hear.
martin52sharrett
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:36:53 PM

Martin,just wishes to PRAISE God for giving him such caring and loving people.Not a whole lot to worry about though as Martin is no dummy and I have taken appropiate action.My greatest fear is being kidnapped by amuratuers.A bunch of young men just out to make a quick buck.Actually it is Jenn I fear for the most as she goes on with her normal life and her lately is just realizing what she has really brought on herself by marrying a foriegner.
God is good though and I can only pray that at some point the community itself will bring things back to order.Yet I also believe that martial law may need to come about before the community actually has the back bone to do anything besides complain about everything.Other than that.If you come to visit me today do not be surprised if I have this little aluminum baseball bat in my hand when I open the door.Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle It is just a fact of life here right now.
gemini
#11 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:10:21 AM

Glad you made it through! So far, so good. Stay safe and best of luck.Angel

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
martin52sharrett
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:02:00 AM

One thing I will assure you all.That before anything major ever comes to me I will merely fly out of here.Where to?Nearest safe place which would be any Western country not in a storms way.North and South of me is enough places I can go with just my passport for at least a short period.It is actually much harder though to find a place Jenn can go with me as her travel almost always needs a visa except in Eastern countries where I will NEVER set foot on.So worse thing I guess would be we head out in seperate directions.So once again my assurance.The BEST way Martin knows of helping victims is to make sure Martin never becomes one.As far as I know victims do not help much of anybody.
tsundell
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:54:07 PM

What about Japan or South Korea?
martin52sharrett
#14 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 5:15:55 AM

tsundell wrote:

I can go no problem.I am just not sure about Jenn.She is a Philippno citizen.But Japan is probably the most likely.Will be nice to see though when someone finally shuts China's mouth.I think it is coming soon as the worst mistake I believe China has made is in opening better relations between the Philippnes and Japan.
tsundell
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:28:30 AM

martin52sharrett wrote:
tsundell wrote:

I can go no problem.I am just not sure about Jenn.She is a Philippno citizen.But Japan is probably the most likely.Will be nice to see though when someone finally shuts China's mouth.I think it is coming soon as the worst mistake I believe China has made is in opening better relations between the Philippnes and Japan.

I assume your comment on China's mouth being shut pertains to the ongoing situation over Scarborough Shoals and Spratly Island. The media over here, even FOX, never really says anything about this unless there is some sort of naval confrontation between the Philippines and China. Do you know what is actually going on? I know at one point a Chinese newspaper was saying that a short war to put the Philippines in their place was going to be needed.

In response to the situation with Daimyo Island Japan is now beefing up their navy and air defense forces. They've ordered F-35's and 5 Aegis Class Destroyers.

martin52sharrett
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:03:43 AM

Tsundell---right on the head---this all started with China not renewing a lease and pulling a fast one---which of course is their right to do...I knew though all along Western business men would not take that laying down....So they basically used Walmart and our industry to set China up like a fat fish...all the industry is now in India and China is left with people too good to work...So they push little old Philippnes around as they ALWAYS have and come down here stealing our fish.Then they got brave enough to go start stealing Japan's fish----boy did they get put in their place by the Oriental people---now they have claimed some kind of air space thing that all the Western countries are shoving down their throats with about 10 times as much military presence there than normal.I love the way the news in the West said China had their aircraft carrier out there with TWO destroyers....Wake up people...the one missle carrier that was of course ordered to play chicken with them could sink all three without ever even being seen.Destroyers have guns.BIG GUNS....Not missles....
Did you know that China is also now claiming the ocean clear to Hawaii...Deperate people do desperate things....N.Korea just murdered China's main man in N.Korea...The pot is just about to boil over.It would not surprise me at all to see N.Korea and China at each other's throats any time now.It would not surprise me to see Russian tanks moving back into Manchuria.Make NO mistake about it.The Koreas and Japan are Oriental people...Most the rest here are Asian people.Asian people and Oriental people fairly well HATE each other...
The biggest mistake China could ever make in her life has already been done...Japan and the Philippnes are dancing together right now.Something that should have been done years ago but China now has FORCED this to happen to China's demise.Now as far as Western business men putting China in her place.Now let me see.What did they do to the Native American.Gave them guns till it was all they knew to use and then took away their ammunition.Even their own allies they did this to like the Mowhawks.China has been set up like a FAT TURKEY and is now gobbling her way into total destruction.If you do not think so take a look at the smog from coal burning these people are living in while their country builds nuclear plants in Iran.China is destroying herself and millions are going to die by their own hand again.
tsundell
#17 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:19:56 AM

China also claimed territorial rights in Hawaii back in November of 2012. Hillary told them we would arbitrate. Here are the links to the articles I found.

http://www.japancrush.com/2012/...al-rights-in-hawaii.html

http://www.stripes.com/news/ana...ncidents-likely-1.258357

Apparently China has been invited to participate in the 2014 RIMPAC exercises this year. If I were in the Philippine or Japanese government I wouldn't count on the obama administration to honor its ASEAN treaty obligations. You can find threads that I posted under the article titles in the Political Forum. I think your input would be appreciated since you have a much better understanding of what is going where you are.
martin52sharrett
#18 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 5:22:00 AM

once again Tsundell---your thoughts on the matter are right in line with the current situation and history....Things to keep in mind...China is heavily involved in the Middle East....The Middle East basically controls HUGE amounts of Africa....Our President and a HUGE part of the military of America is controlled by self proclaimed Africans FIRST.So the trick is.How does Obama continue to sell out America to the Chinese in order to become the next King of Ethiopia upon his HUGE retirement from being our President without American's nor any of our Western allies see what the whatever he is George Soros is up to as long as he has his loverboy in the Whitehouse.
I think you have just read the BIGGEST reason the Japanese and Philippnos are finally shaking hands.They smell a rat.And the rat will go down in history as the GREATEST President that ever lived for one reason because he is black the first black.So he has to be the GREATEST.So the Chinese and America is forcing Oriental people and Asian people to smile at each other just in order to stay alive or this would NOT be happening.
I do not know of ANY country in the world who has EVER admitted to making a mistake.DO YOU???In fact millions upon millions of men have giving their lives over and over again for as small as thing as who is sleeping with who.It has NEVER had anything to do with right or wrong because if it did at least in one small instance right would happen when it never has.I go back to a treaty to END all WARS.That treaty actually lasted about a week.Until what is called WWII came about so the West says.HA HA HA
What a joke...WWII is not far away and all the people who know everything better start sharping their pencils and recalculating everything.
martin52sharrett
#19 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:59:54 AM

one thing Tsundell that astounds me...How much longer is it going to take all these self proclaimed intelluctuals called liberals until they figure out a way to blame everything going on in South Sudan on the white man.Well I'll give them a day or two more as we all know the white man is quilty of every bad thing that ever happened unless of course the white man is homosexual
tsundell
#20 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:40:24 PM

martin52sharrett wrote:
one thing Tsundell that astounds me...How much longer is it going to take all these self proclaimed intelluctuals called liberals until they figure out a way to blame everything going on in South Sudan on the white man.Well I'll give them a day or two more as we all know the white man is quilty of every bad thing that ever happened unless of course the white man is homosexual

Wow,you must have read my mind. I just posted some information on the Nuba Mountains in Sudan over in the Political Forum.

https://www.facebook.com/eyesandearsnuba

The site is hosted by Ryan Boyette. Ryan's mother is a long time friend of my wife and when I say long time I mean elementary school long time.

You may need a facebook page to view the link or you can try youtube and enter Eyes and Ears Nuba in the search bar there are plenty of video reports on the ongoing genocide. The Navy's 5th Fleet intercepts more boats carrying slaves to the Saudi penninsula than they do Somali Pirates but we never hear about this in the media. Apparently the slaves are smuggled out acorss southern Ethiopia and northern Kenya (don't we know somebody from Kenya?). Other Nubans are forced into slave labor in blood mining operations. If we really want to solve the problem we need another Chinese Gordon. We probably won't get involved over there unless oil is discovered.
5 Pages 123>»