Welcome Guest Active Topics |

6 Pages <1234>»
MyCopper Tips, Tricks and MORE COLORS! Options
imweezie
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:12:38 PM

yobburind wrote:
jfloyd wrote:
Ah, bite me.

First: your comment is not teach or lady like...

2nd: You keep telling us how old and decrypted you are so that doesn't sound very appetizing..

Hey, when I said it you didn't mind? I guess it is ok for me to be unlady like and an ignoramous! tee hee. Some people have all the luck!

Also, I hate it when I am decryptedThumbDown Scared
Beaudro
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:48:20 PM

BatIN my case,
It just turns navy on white.
Go figure
.Bat
henriettafw
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:52:11 AM

Beadro, That message in yellow with accompanying bats looks very interesting.
Unfortunately I'll never know because yellow is impossible to read against a white background.

I was able to read your disclaimer and I love it!

Have a great week end...
henriettafw
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:59:31 AM

BRAVO MLawson. Thanks for that trick with the cursor. It's just like magic. Wave the magic wand (the cursor) over any color type and PRESTO! It changes color. That is a wonderful trick. Thanks for sharing it with me.

I was able to read what Beudro had to say...

Have a great day everybody!
gemini
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 4:00:36 AM

henriettafw wrote:
Beadro, That message in yellow with accompanying bats looks very interesting.
Unfortunately I'll never know because yellow is impossible to read against a white background.

I was able to read your disclaimer and I love it!

Have a great week end...

Henrietta --- Just highlight the yellow to read it!
You can highlight any color - especially the light colors - to see them better.

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
cfirebird65
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:07:40 PM

Quote from MLawson
(Didn't want any copyright battles with a big book publisher.)

I'm going to post 'items of interest' about our new world, here in MyCopper, things you might not have discovered, things that are different from that Old Dark World that we have left behind, (and will soon be forgotten), and I invite anyone to post similar info here.

Instead of FAQs, this is to be kind of a Questions You Never Knew to Ask.

Feel free to ask 'how do I' questions.

MLawson, you have a big heart to help dumb bunnies like me. I always need help and am not too proud to ask.

Thank you for your time, patience and advice. It is much appreciated. Will be coming back here with questions as soon as I can organize my day.

Have a great Sunday filled with blessings.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

mlawson
#27 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:18:10 AM

cfirebird65 wrote:
Quote from MLawson
(Didn't want any copyright battles with a big book publisher.)

I'm going to post 'items of interest' about our new world, here in MyCopper, things you might not have discovered, things that are different from that Old Dark World that we have left behind, (and will soon be forgotten), and I invite anyone to post similar info here.

Instead of FAQs, this is to be kind of a Questions You Never Knew to Ask.

Feel free to ask 'how do I' questions.

MLawson, you have a big heart to help dumb bunnies like me. I always need help and am not too proud to ask.

Thank you for your time, patience and advice. It is much appreciated. Will be coming back here with questions as soon as I can organize my day.

Have a great Sunday filled with blessings.

Thank you.

My title of 'MyCopper for Dumbunnies' was only intended to be a humorous take off from the series of books on everything for 'Dummies'. We are all Dummies or dumb bunnies till we stick a toe in and try something, hence the name of that very well known series of books.

But several members in C-forum with no sense of humor, have taken personal offense at my title, so I have changed it.

imweezie
#28 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 4:27:41 AM

Well, since we are continuing to throw stones that word "tricks" suits you much better.ThumbsUp
cfirebird65
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:30:40 AM

Quote by MLawson
Instead of FAQs, this is to be kind of a Questions You Never Knew to Ask......Feel free to ask 'how do I' questions.

Quote by cfirebird65

Quote by MLawson
Thank you.

My title of 'MyCopper for Dumbunnies' was only intended to be a humorous take off from the series of books on everything for 'Dummies'. We are all Dummies or dumb bunnies till we stick a toe in and try something, hence the name of that very well known series of books.......

OK, here we go with my first question on this thread:

When I post more than two or three paras., after about a couple of days, the space between them doubles beyond just the usual amount. See Post 2, on Page 1 of Catholic Truths, as a typical example. Has that ever happened to you or other posters?

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

martin52sharrett
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:38:56 AM

I really like being a dumbbunny helps keep me from being a smart rearendApplause Applause Applause
mlawson
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:09:42 AM

cfirebird65 wrote:

...OK, here we go with my first question on this thread:

When I post more than two or three paras., after about a couple of days, the space between them doubles beyond just the usual amount. See Post 2, on Page 1 of Catholic Truths, as a typical example. Has that ever happened to you or other posters?

Actually this previously was worse in the old MyCopper forum.

Two of the most popular styles of format in composing have a minor incompatibility. In one every time a person used the 'enter' key, you get an automatic double spacing for a new paragraph. In the other, this does not happen.

If a person composes off-line, like in a Word.Doc, and uses a different style from the one pre-programmed into the forum text-box, and then does a highlight-copy-paste, additional space lines will appear immediately when the text is posted.

Also when the old threads were moved here, this same minor incompatibility, caused extra space lines to show up.

Previously in old copper, every time a person quoted another person, these space line would be added, often to a ridiculous extent, but I have not noticed that happening here in new forum.
cfirebird65
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:34:26 PM

Quote by martin52sharrett
I really like being a dumbbunny helps keep me from being a smart rearend

Right on dude! Nothing like learning, especially when it is given as a free gift!Applause Applause

cfirebird65
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:40:09 PM

Quote from cfirebird65
...OK, here we go with my first question on this thread:

[/quote]

Quote from MLawson
Actually this previously was worse in the old MyCopper forum.

Two of the most popular styles of format in composing have a minor incompatibility. In one every time a person used the 'enter' key, you get an automatic double spacing for a new paragraph. In the other, this does not happen.

If a person composes off-line, like in a Word.Doc, and uses a different style from the one pre-programmed into the forum text-box, and then does a highlight-copy-paste, additional space lines will appear immediately when the text is posted.

Also when the old threads were moved here, this same minor incompatibility, caused extra space lines to show up.

Previously in old copper, every time a person quoted another person, these space line would be added, often to a ridiculous extent, but I have not noticed that happening here in new forum.

What you say makes sense. Whether it is the old or new format, it does involve clean-up time of the extra spaces, especially when quoting text from an initial post to another person.

Thank you for sharing your time, patience and knowledge. I appreciate it.
Dancing

martin52sharrett
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:48:14 PM

Amen firebird got to go get big diapers now see you all later
cfirebird65
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:55:25 PM

Quote by martin52sharrett
Amen firebird got to go get big diapers now see you all later

Martin, glad you are at the next stage of your recovery. Many of us are going to need those diapers at some point in the future. It all Depends. RollEyes

mlawson
#36 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 2:21:02 PM

(Cfirebird, funny, but maybe Martin was referring to men who 'wrap diapers around their heads'...)

MORE ABOUT PMs

If you delete PMs directly from the list of PMs in your inbox, you could accidentally delete an un-opened PM. This could easily happen where two PMs had identical or very similar subject lines.

Notice the red 'sunburst' mark. It means that PM has not been opened. But even if you do notice the red sunburst, the box to mark for deleting and the sunburst are far apart on a big screen, and it's not impossible to select and delete the wrong PM.

PMs do not have a trash can for retrieving an accidental deletion, so be careful what you delete. Once you delete a PM, it's gone forever.

It is probably best to only delete a PM while you have it open... unless it is something from someone that you intentionally do not want to communicate with. Then you can always delete directly from the list of messages in your inbox.

EDIT: Do NOT delete a PM without opening it!!! See my next post:

mlawson
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:07:10 PM

CAUTION:

A little experimentation has turned up another glitch.

In your list of PMs in your inbox, it is possible to delete a PM without opening it,

BUT DO NOT DO THAT!

It has been discovered that a deleted but unopened PM will 'GET STUCK IN THE SYSTEM'. It will disappear from your inbox list, but it will still keep showing up as 'you have one unread PM'.... forever, unless...

Jeff is working on this problem to see if it can be fixed... Pray
mlawson
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:59:24 PM

(bumped to the top)
mlawson
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 5:40:00 AM

Navigating in Copper Forum:

Suppose you want to find a post from some time ago, and you can not remember who made the post to do a search, or perhaps your search turns up too many posts to check...

There is another way to navigate, that you might not have noticed.

Suppose you want to look for a post in LAST, about a year ago. Since LAST has been around for two years, a guess would mean going about half of the pages of LAST.

At the top or bottom of any page in LAST, click on '630 pages' and you get a box with 'Go to page' and a box to enter your best guess for the page number you want, then click on 'GO'.

Now that is a whole lot faster way to jump around in a long thread.

mlawson
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:15:13 PM

New colors for Copper posts!!!

(Erased due to accidental double post. See posts # 41. 42, et. al., on next page of this thread.)

6 Pages <1234>»