Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

6 Pages «<23456>
MyCopper Tips, Tricks and MORE COLORS! Options
vesper
#61 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 7:27:35 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 7,872
Gemini

This peacock?wink



\ \ | | / /

I think deep sky blue is the closest you are going to get unless there is another blue out there that we don't know about yet.
"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
imweezie
#62 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 8:17:51 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
MLawson wrote:
Hey, we've been promoted! All of a sudden, we're 'STICKY' (means this thread will stay at the top of the list).

Don't know how or who, guess it must have been done by Jeff & company.

Makes me feel like we've been promoted to the head of the class. Woo, woo for all of us here!


Applause BigGrin Applause BigGrin Applause


It's playing favorites, it's saying that this topic is more important, better than any of the other topics. Who sets themselves up to make that judgment? Who thinks their opinion is the only one that counts? What right does that person have in saying that any topic is more important than the rest? I didn't know we had a god of the forums nor do I think we should have one! It's a real put down to all the other topics that are just as important and probably far more important depending on who is doing the judging. I think it stinks to high heaven. To me there's not much worse than favoritism! Will you be playing god with the blogs next?
vesper
#63 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 8:45:45 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 7,872
Gemini I think blues are the hardest to match especially when it comes to clothing. I found this slate blue. Do you see a blue violet hue?
"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
Beaudro
#64 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 1:31:19 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
imweezie wrote:
MLawson wrote:
Hey, we've been promoted! All of a sudden, we're 'STICKY' (means this thread will stay at the top of the list).

Don't know how or who, guess it must have been done by Jeff & company.

Makes me feel like we've been promoted to the head of the class. Woo, woo for all of us here!


Applause BigGrin Applause BigGrin Applause


It's playing favorites, it's saying that this topic is more important, better than any of the other topics. Who sets themselves up to make that judgment? Who thinks their opinion is the only one that counts? What right does that person have in saying that any topic is more important than the rest? I didn't know we had a god of the forums nor do I think we should have one! It's a real put down to all the other topics that are just as important and probably far more important depending on who is doing the judging. I think it stinks to high heaven. To me there's not much worse than favoritism! Will you be playing god with the blogs next?


Think Is this a Tip,a Trick or More Colors?
All I see is GREEN.(As in envy)Sick

robertpuette
#65 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:01:49 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
OH MY, FEEL THE COLOR'S, TASTE THE SOUND'S, HEAR THE FLAVOR'S, AND SEE THE FEELING'S!!!
imweezie
#66 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 6:24:44 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
If favoritism and injustice are green than I guess so. Those who don't recognize it are a part of it! Doesn't surprise me that you two would comment as you have.
robertpuette
#67 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 6:50:28 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
"Come here city-boy, n' give a holler to Uncle-Buck."Scared
cenb
#68 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 9:56:11 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 9/13/2005
Posts: 838
apricot

oops! should have clicked preview before post. apricot = OUT
cenb
#69 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 10:14:20 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 9/13/2005
Posts: 838
shamrock
wisteria
almond
banana
eggplant
blue
canary
dandelion
maize
carrot

I tried some Crayola crayon colors. I threw in blue just to make sure I was typing correctly. Why did none of the other colors work?
mlawson
#70 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 10:31:46 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
cenb wrote:
shamrock
wisteria
almond
banana
eggplant
blue
canary
dandelion
maize
carrot

I tried some Crayola crayon colors. I threw in blue just to make sure I was typing correctly. Why did none of the other colors work?

Only certain color names, called a BBCode, will work. But it is sort of shoot-and-miss to find out which color names are used in BBCode.

I've searched on the net for lists of the BBCodes and found some lists, but no one list seems to be all-inclusive, and some different names that do work appear to me to be an identical shade to other color names.
mlawson
#71 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:36:28 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
Colors in MyCopper forum

I'm trying to assemble a list of all the colors that have been discovered to date which do work, mostly by all the efforts of gemini and vesper.

These colors come from some secret geek-list list called BBCode, which is embedded somehow in the internet. I assume that Copper merely has 'enabled' BBCoding, and does not have an all-inclusive color list... so we are assembling one for them... or as much as we can find.

For those others who try to find MORE colors, do not type any spaces in the brackets, not even between words, and some new colors can be found by adding dark, medium, pale, deep, etc., to a color that has already been found to work.

Here are some:


magenta
pink
hotpink
deeppink
palevioletred
red (from Copper's list)
crimson
firebrick
maroon
darkred (from Copper's list)
tomato
salmon
coral
darkorange
orange (from Copper's list)
gold
yellow ('yellow' from Copper's list)
chartreuse
lawngreen
lime
lightgreen
limegreen
green (from Copper's list)
forestgreen
darkgreen
olivedrab
olive (from Copper's list)
darkolivegreen
seagreen
aquamarine
turquoise
darkturquoise
teal
darkcyan
aqua
cyan (from Copper's list)
deepskyblue
steelblue
lightblue
cadetblue
cornflowerblue
slateblue (from Copper's list)
blue (from Copper's list)
darkblue (from Copper's list)
navy
blueviolet
darkviolet
mediumorchid
thistle
orchid
violet (from Copper's list)
indigo (from Copper's list)
purple
darkmagenta
darkgray
gray (yes, 'gray' is darker than 'darkgray'... go figure)
darkkhaki
darkgoldenrod
burlywood
goldenrod
chocolate
brown (from Copper's list)

To use these other colors, highlight the passage you wish to color, then click on any color in the above list; AND THEN backspace to remove the name of the color you selected, and type in a color not listed. Be sure to type it in in all lower case, with no spaces.

Some of the colors that do NOT work are darkpink, lightorange, bluegreen, bluishgreen, lightpurple, lightbrown and darkbrown.

Lavender lavenderand khaki khakiand white white 'work' but show up so pale that a background color would be needed to see them. If you use your cursor to highlight those extra light colors, you can see them.

cogg
#72 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:46:38 PM

Rank: Rook


Joined: 8/6/2009
Posts: 215
MLawson wrote:
Colors in MyCopper forum
I'm trying to assemble a list of all the colors that have been discovered to date which do work, mostly by all the efforts of gemini and vesper.


List of HTML color names
cenb
#73 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:55:38 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 9/13/2005
Posts: 838
dimgray
dodgerblue
wheat
rosybrown

COOL!

Thanks MLawson and cogg !
vesper
#74 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:13:44 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 7,872
Thanks for the link Cogg. It has the colors by name in alphabetical order. Not all lists are created equal.
"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
mlawson
#75 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:54:31 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
cogg wrote:

Thanks, cogg. I was searching for 'BBCode colors' and that list never came up b/c it is listed as 'html colors', and I have no idea what the connections is between html and BBCode.

When I get one of those 'round tuits' I'll pull out the rest of the colors from that list we had not found yet, and merge them into our master list in 'rainbow' sequence, unless somebody else volunteers to do it first.

Now, the next challenge is, is that list really ALL of the colors??? OR, can we find any color names which work and are not on that list from cogg???
gojohnson
#76 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:28:07 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 10/6/2009
Posts: 3,379
Location: Chicago
MLawson wrote:
cogg wrote:

Thanks, cogg. I was searching for 'BBCode colors' and that list never came up b/c it is listed as 'html colors', and I have no idea what the connections is between html and BBCode.

When I get one of those 'round tuits' I'll pull out the rest of the colors from that list we had not found yet, and merge them into our master list in 'rainbow' sequence, unless somebody else volunteers to do it first.

Now, the next challenge is, is that list really ALL of the colors??? OR, can we find any color names which work and are not on that list from cogg???

I've been watching this topic ever since my last post here started this crazy craving for colors... Angel

BBcode is a special implementation of HTML. Cogg provided an extensive list but it's not an all inclusive list of HTML colors. Be aware not all colors will work with BBcode.

Here's another detail to further complicate things. Eh? You might also be able to use the color HEX number instead of the color name. For example, goldenrod is HEX number #DAA520. Both the color name and HEX number work with BBcode. However, I have seen many instances where BBcode does not recognize the color name but accepts the HEX number to display the color.
gojohnson
#77 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:23:24 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 10/6/2009
Posts: 3,379
Location: Chicago
Hey Kids,

Is it just me - or did Copper increase the default font size for the forum? I didn't change any IE settings but this afternoon I noticed the tiny standard text is larger. I know the small text size was an issue for some members...
mlawson
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:09:07 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,642
GOJOhnson wrote:
Hey Kids,

Is it just me - or did Copper increase the default font size for the forum? I didn't change any IE settings but this afternoon I noticed the tiny standard text is larger. I know the small text size was an issue for some members...

Yep, there were several changes to the font. In the 'Font Size' '5' is still the default, but that same 5 is definitely appearing larger and darker.

Go to forum > Copper.net Internet Support > A change in font?

gojohnson
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:18:25 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 10/6/2009
Posts: 3,379
Location: Chicago
mlawson wrote:
GOJOhnson wrote:
Hey Kids,

Is it just me - or did Copper increase the default font size for the forum? I didn't change any IE settings but this afternoon I noticed the tiny standard text is larger. I know the small text size was an issue for some members...

Yep, there were several changes to the font. In the 'Font Size' '5' is still the default, but that same 5 is definitely appearing larger and darker.

Go to forum > Copper.net Internet Support > A change in font?

Thanks ML. I saw the posts in the topic you started which was two days after my inquiry in this thread. The changes seemed to occur on the afternoon of the 27th. I didn't notice any changes that morning.
fishnet
#80 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 10:24:41 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 9/27/2009
Posts: 9,168
Weezie check the number of views compared to the number of posts...that's why it is sticky
6 Pages «<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF_Copper Theme Modified from a Jaben Cargman theme (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 3.860 seconds.