Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

16 Pages 123>»
Questions and Suggestions Options
kwendling
#1 Posted : Monday, August 03, 2009 12:28:23 PM

Rank: Administration



Joined: 2/10/2009
Posts: 12
Thank you for your kind and constructive input. We at Copper.net are sincerely interest in providing our users with the best services and product available.

When providing questions or suggestions we ask that you are as specific and objective as possible.

Our Copper.net staff and engineering team will review these comments frequently as they will weigh heavily on future enhancements and changes we will implement as we improve this site.
I like to move it, move it!
Sponsor  
 
hopndeb
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 11:50:57 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
The new page is a bit slim. On my browser, it doesn't fill the entire page like the current one. I for one don't like it.
Guest
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 1:43:25 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Looks good. Like the new smileys!Applause

On the front page where it list the recent forum posts, I would like to have more than just the last 4. There is plenty of empty space; you could easily show 6 or even 8 most recent posts.

Also, possibly merging some of the topics (coupons, sports, pets, etc.), into 'General', so there are fewer topics. Then on the front page divide the 'recent posts' into the Topics just like the news is now newly divided, so that one Topic area (like Religion!) will not overwhelm the entire list of recent posts, as now happens all too often.

I have always wished that their were more avatars to choose from in one's profile siggie and when one was used, it could not be used again so each avatar was a personal ID, OR enabling an avatar to be imported. The avatars are helpful when looking for a certain poster but confusing when 2 users have the same avatar.

And I am VERY thankful that you are importing all of the old stuff and we won't be losing all the old, good stuff like 'LASTERS'.

M

PS I hope we don't have to do this 'security image' thing on EVERY post. Maybe just for log-in is ok, but it's a pain in the neck.d'oh!
Beaudro
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 1:44:44 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Seems pretty straight forward.
Can I start using it NOW?
When does the other page quit?
mlawson
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:26:53 PM

Rank: King




Joined: 2/10/2008
Posts: 4,482
Location: Xanadu
Finally found the Avatars and was blown away. WOW.

Must be thousands and I see there is a way to import... but I had a very difficult time finding the place to select and post an avatar. Eh?

When I clicked on My Profile... not there, then after I gave up, it just showed up later somewhere else. If I had to find it again I don't think I could.Confused d'oh!

After I took my avatar, is it exclusive to me only?Wub
mlawson
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:39:28 PM

Rank: King




Joined: 2/10/2008
Posts: 4,482
Location: Xanadu
Gee, it seems, like I'm just full of questions, but...

Is it possible to 'browse forum' silently? I generally leave forum open on my computer when I am surfing elsewhere on the internet, and I don't like for it to look like I'm available, 'browsing in forum' all the time, whenever I'm on the internet.


and


I looked at the blog set up and it looks AWFULLY complicated. There's a lot of copper members older than me (and some younger) with even less computer skills than I. It would be better if the initial blog set up was very simple, very basic, very 'clean' and dummy-proof, then only after it was going, you offered all the bells and whistles. The way the set-up is displayed now will def scare off people with limited computer skills.

As a blog owner, would I be a moderator? Or can others post anything they want in my blog?

I've been looking for a FAQ list but have not found it yet... or is this where you are getting the Q's for a future FAQ list?
imweezie
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:10:44 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
I'd like to see forum page numbers at the top as well as at the bottom and maybe even a "home" at the bottom as well as the top. Saves a trip to the top and bottomApplause
gemini
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:11:31 AM

Rank: King




Joined: 8/6/2009
Posts: 4,630
What if I just want to read, not post, and not be seen here?? Is there a way to stay hidden???

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS


"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi


If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
Beaudro
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:14:31 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Copper,d'oh!
The date on the Horoscope didn't change to August 6. Brick wall Cursing It says the same as it did yesterday.Crying Boo hoo!
Think And it always opens to Aries, can I set it to something else??Pray
Guest
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:30:05 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Guest wrote:
The new page is a bit slim. On my browser, it doesn't fill the entire page like the current one. I for one don't like it.



I agree, I am having a hard time reading the posts, with the small print and the little space.
jshepler
#11 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 1:12:33 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Guest wrote:
The new page is a bit slim. On my browser, it doesn't fill the entire page like the current one. I for one don't like it.


Are you talking about the front page? All the current portal themes are fixed-width, which for the most part looks ok on most people's monitors. However, those that have bigger monitors (or wide-screen monitors) that view the page full-screen will see large unused areas. We're hoping to have some "liquid" themes to choose from in the future.
jshepler
#12 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 1:19:44 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Guest wrote:
Looks good. Like the new smileys!Applause

On the front page where it list the recent forum posts, I would like to have more than just the last 4. There is plenty of empty space; you could easily show 6 or even 8 most recent posts.

Also, possibly merging some of the topics (coupons, sports, pets, etc.), into 'General', so there are fewer topics. Then on the front page divide the 'recent posts' into the Topics just like the news is now newly divided, so that one Topic area (like Religion!) will not overwhelm the entire list of recent posts, as now happens all too often.



The forum software we're using provides various RSS feeds that we will eventually use on the front page. Right now, however, those RSS feeds aren't very useful. We will be re-writing those feeds so that they are useful and when that happens we'll use one on the front page.

Also, the font page allows you to add your own RSS feeds. When the new forum RSS feeds are done, you will be able to add them to the front page and customize what and how many they show.




Guest wrote:
I have always wished that their were more avatars to choose from in one's profile siggie and when one was used, it could not be used again so each avatar was a personal ID, OR enabling an avatar to be imported. The avatars are helpful when looking for a certain poster but confusing when 2 users have the same avatar.


Sorry, no, avatars are not unique. There is nothing to prevent 2 or more users from having the same avatar. However, with the large selection (and ability to upload your own), that shouldn't happen very often.


Guest wrote:
I hope we don't have to do this 'security image' thing on EVERY post. Maybe just for log-in is ok, but it's a pain in the neck.d'oh!


You only have to do that if you're not logged in. The security image thing (called CAPTCHA) is an anti-spam measure to help prevent internet bots from posting spam.
jshepler
#13 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 1:28:02 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
MLawson wrote:
Is it possible to 'browse forum' silently? I generally leave forum open on my computer when I am surfing elsewhere on the internet, and I don't like for it to look like I'm available, 'browsing in forum' all the time, whenever I'm on the internet.


You have the option to log out and browse as "Guest" (anonymous user).


MLawson wrote:
I looked at the blog set up and it looks AWFULLY complicated. There's a lot of copper members older than me (and some younger) with even less computer skills than I. It would be better if the initial blog set up was very simple, very basic, very 'clean' and dummy-proof, then only after it was going, you offered all the bells and whistles. The way the set-up is displayed now will def scare off people with limited computer skills.


Good feedback. We'll take that into consideration. Perhaps a new blog wizard that would step you through each step?



MLawson wrote:
As a blog owner, would I be a moderator? Or can others post anything they want in my blog?


You will be the only one that can post to your blog. People can add comments to your blog posts, but you can specify who can do that. Under blog settings, the comments field let's you specify (genericaly) who can post comments to your blog posts. Also, if you check the "Moderated" box, you will have to approve comments before they're publically visible.


MLawson wrote:
I've been looking for a FAQ list but have not found it yet... or is this where you are getting the Q's for a future FAQ list?


We really haven't done much documentation yet because this is still a work in progress. I'm sure we'll have more information available when we go live. Questions asked here may very well find their way into such a FAQ. happy
Beaudro
#14 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 1:36:00 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
The horoscope is still a day behind.
jshepler
#15 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 4:01:04 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
imweezie wrote:
I'd like to see forum page numbers at the top as well as at the bottom and maybe even a "home" at the bottom as well as the top. Saves a trip to the top and bottomApplause


Are you talking about when viewing a thread that has so many posts that it divides them into pages?

If so, this forum software does that - I think it's 20 posts per page. The page numbers are at the bottom. I think it's a good idea to also have them at the top. I'll add it to my list.


If it's not what you're talking about, could you elaborate please?

Also what you mean by "home" - where would that take you?
jshepler
#16 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 4:01:38 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
gemini wrote:
What if I just want to read, not post, and not be seen here?? Is there a way to stay hidden???


If you're not logged in, you'll be listed as "Guest" - effectively anonymous.
jshepler
#17 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 4:11:57 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
beaudro wrote:
Copper,d'oh!
The date on the Horoscope didn't change to August 6. Brick wall Cursing It says the same as it did yesterday.Crying Boo hoo!
Think And it always opens to Aries, can I set it to something else??Pray


It now shows the 6th - the feed might be a day behind. I'll look into it.

At this time, no, you cannot change the order of the horoscopes.
jshepler
#18 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 4:13:22 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The new page is a bit slim. On my browser, it doesn't fill the entire page like the current one. I for one don't like it.



I agree, I am having a hard time reading the posts, with the small print and the little space.


Forum posts should stretch to fill the width of your browser. Can you tell me what operating system (and version) and what browser (and version) you are using?
lpast
#19 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 8:32:57 PM

Rank: King




Joined: 8/5/2009
Posts: 3,215
Location: The Great State of Ohio
1. Is there going to be a way to browse all available blogs on the site so that we can see what certain individual people are posting? If there is a way to do this already, I have not found it yet.

2. Am I correct in concluding that there are only three or four forums currently available? I seem to see that people on this site are "talking" as if the full range of forums area available. If so why am I not seeing them?
Don't Tread On Me!

The price of freedom is constant vigilance.

Live Free Or Die.



cyrus55
#20 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 10:12:21 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 7/1/2008
Posts: 62,375
I am confused!! First I try to post to a topic and find that the moderator must approve. How can I tell the difference between a moderated topic and a regular topic.....
16 Pages 123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF_Copper Theme Modified from a Jaben Cargman theme (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.492 seconds.