MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

147 Pages «<143144145146147>
Catholic Truths and Myths, Part 2 Options
cfirebird65
#2881 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 3:46:34 PM

ixoye_8 wrote:
dajcat wrote:
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS fGOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US.

you prove yourself wrong all the time Laugh

Of course he is wrong ALL THE TIME and he goes out of his way to ruin every thread with his destructive witness!
ThumbDown
He makes a fool of himself using the Sacred Book the Catholic Church compiled, while cursing the same Church with his forked tongue and ancestral Protestant animosities. A deeply troubled soul, he attacks Catholics out of misplaced anger while boldly announcing that St. Paul told him to curse them. There are meds for such folks who keep hearing voices in their heads.
Brick wall ThumbDown
Like Trump, he believes his vapid opinions will bring him instant gratification and glory. But with only a middle school education, his Trumpian ego tells him that he is God's messenger sent on a mission to convert Catholics. His insidious tactics are to wrap cherry-picked verses of Scripture around his false witness and fling them on the forum as God's Word. Such are the shenanigans of fundamentalist crackpots who use the Bible as their weapon to quell the din of their ignominy and bigotry.

We see this kind of effrontery in Trump’s boundless buffoonery which seems to be tailored to today’s boundary-less and clownish culture. P.T. Barnum was as self-absorbed and self-aggrandizing as Trump, with an ego as monumental as any of Trump’s towers.

But Barnum the pol trumped Trump as a statesman, championing equality and mutual respect. “Politeness and civility are the best capital ever invested in business,” Barnum preached. “The truth is, the more kind and liberal a man is, the more generous will be the patronage bestowed upon him.” Barnum makes Trump look like a clown. Trump is not a champion of human rights. He is a clueless clown and bankruptcy king who has promised to make America great again.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

dajcat
#2882 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 6:32:06 PM

John 1-12: Jesus, the Living Word of God | Christian Bible Studies
https://www.christianity...esus-living-word-of-god. html‎
1 Jan 2014 ... Overview. Thirteen inductive Bible studies focus on John 1–12, encouraging you to take a fresh look at Jesus' life, death and resurrection.
Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God by WordExplain
www.wordexplain.com/BibleLivingWord.html
Jesus Christ as the Living Communication of God to Man.
Jesus as the Living Word of God (Forerunner Commentary)
https://www.bibletools.o...s-as-Living-Word-God.htm
Jesus is the living Word of God. He adds in John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are ...
What do John 1:1,14 mean when they declare that Jesus is the Word ...
https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Word-God.html
What do John 1:1,14 mean when they declare that Jesus is the Word of God? ... his readers to the true Logos of God in Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God, fully ...
What is the living Word? 27 answers 23 Sep 2016
Living for God—why is it so difficult? 25 answers 19 Jul 2014
How can Jesus and the Bible both be the Word of God? 23 answers 19 Jul 2014
Is the Bible truly God's Word? 3 answers 14 Apr 2007
Jesus, the living Word — John 1:14-18 | Bible Background
www.craigkeener.com/jesus-the-living-word-—-john-114-18/‎
22 Aug 2011 ... Modern writers have proposed many valuable aspects of background for the “ Word,” but probably the most obvious is what the “Word” was in ...
ixoye_8
#2883 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 8:34:13 PM

cfirebird65 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
dajcat wrote:
the bible the WRITEN WORD, NEITHER CAN BE CORRUPTED, TO TRY IS FOLLY

Of course he is wrong ALL THE TIME and he goes out of his way to ruin every thread with his destructive witness!
ThumbDown
He makes a fool of himself using the Sacred Book the Catholic Church compiled, while cursing the same Church with his waspish tongue and ancestral Protestant animosities. A deeply troubled soul, he attacks Catholics out of misplaced anger while boldly announcing that St. Paul told him to curse them. There are meds for such folks who keep hearing voices in their heads.
Brick wall ThumbDown

sad ..
dajcat
#2884 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:27:46 PM

IF YOUR RANTING IS OVER THE ERROR IN PRINTING I MADE IN THAT BIBLICAL TEXT BY NOT SEEING THAT LETTER " BEFORE GOD" I THANK YOU FOR THAT ALERT. BELOW IS HOW I INTENDED THAT SCRIPTURE:

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US. JOHN 1 :1 AND VERSE 14

GOD KNEW WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

watchman David

ixoye_8
#2885 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:26:08 PM

ixoye_8 wrote:
dajcat wrote:
the bible the WRITEN WORD, NEITHER CAN BE CORRUPTED, TO TRY IS FOLLY

WHICH BIBLE IS CORRECT ???
ixoye_8
#2886 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:27:51 PM

ixoye_8
#2887 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:33:01 PM

IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION WE WERE DISCUSSING DIFFERENCES IN CHRONOLOGY IN DIFFERENT BIBLE VERSIONS ..
dcr570
#2888 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 6:22:19 AM

"Which Bible is correct?"

They are all written, edited and translated by MEN, so...

NONE OF THEM ARE!
dajcat
#2889 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 12:10:45 PM

DO ANY EFFECT OUR SALVATION? NO AND ONLY 2% ERROR IS FOUND BETWEEN OUR PRESENT DAY BIBLES AND
ANCIENT MANUSCRIPTS.
THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS FOR THOSE WHO WOULD FIND FAULT WITH THE BIBLE

How Accurate is the Bible? | Bible.org
https://bible.org/article/how-accurate-bible
27 Apr 2006 ... of the original, and fresh errors were introduced in each stage of the ... The New Testament can be regarded as 99.5 percent pure, and the ...
dcr570
#2890 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 4:57:47 PM

Maybe the entire New Testament is one big fraud.

Did you ever consider THAT?

It says Jesus, Mary and Joseph went into Egypt to escape Herod the Great, but it doesn't say when they came back. Egypt was also under Roman control, and Joseph "had to return to his city of birth, (Galilee, in Israel) for Caesar Augustus's census," but it does not say WHEN
they returned to Israel.

Next we read is that Jesus was preaching in Israel, probably about 30 years later.
How long was he in Egypt, and what was he learning there?

Much of what he was preaching comes from Egyptian theology.

And as you celebrate Christmas on December 25, know that December 25 was also credited with
the birth-date of the Egyptian god Horus, son of Isis. The last day of "The Twelve Days of Christmas," January 6, is also the birthday of Isis's second son, Aion.

"COINCIDENCE?" I think not.

The early Christian church borrowed these "pagan" dates, like it borrowed so many so-called "pagan" beliefs to SELL their new cult to the public.

And, WHAT defines a "religion" from a "cult?"

A "cult" is simply a religion that has not attained POLITICAL POWER.
dajcat
#2891 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:08:18 AM

BUT IT DOES D. JESUS AND HIS PARENTS FLED INTO EGYPT THE NIGHT HEROD THE GREAT ORDERED ALLL MALE CHILDREN AROUND 2 YEARS OF AGE KILLED. THEY PROBABLY STAYED FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS UNTIL HEROD DIED AROUND 4BC. SEE MATTHEW 2 VERSES 19-20

watchman David
Mwalacavage
#2892 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:06:59 AM

dcr570 wrote:

It says Jesus, Mary and Joseph went into Egypt to escape Herod the Great, but it doesn't say when they came back. Egypt was also under Roman control, and Joseph "had to return to his city of birth, (Galilee, in Israel) for Caesar Augustus's census," but it does not say WHEN
they returned to Israel.

Next we read is that Jesus was preaching in Israel, probably about 30 years later.

And as you celebrate Christmas on December 25, know that December 25 was also credited with
the birth-date of the Egyptian god Horus, son of Isis. The last day of "The Twelve Days of Christmas," January 6, is also the birthday of Isis's second son, Aion.

The early Christian church borrowed these "pagan" dates, like it borrowed so many so-called "pagan" beliefs to SELL their new cult to the public.

Quite a bit of confusion here...what makes you think December 25 was the birthday of Horus? January 6 is the traditional date of the arrival of the Magi. That was the twelfth night. At one point December 25 was designated as the birthday of the sun by the Romans...this was several centuries into the Christian era. It is not a coincidence because your information is baseless. The birthday of Horus was celebrated in what is now August.
You do not seem very familiar with the contents of the New Testament. Paul's letters are clearly historical documents and the Gospels certainly are as well, at least by the standards of the day.
It seems you must have been reading the notable purveyor of nonsense, the late Dorothy Murdoch, aka Acharya S. God had a bit of a sense of humor in this instance...she died on Christmas day.

There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?

We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision.

They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of past.

There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers.

The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident. Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push.

William Seward Burroughs
cheriq
#2893 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 9:47:44 AM

dcr570 wrote:

they returned to Israel.

Obviously you and I do not agree on trump or politics; however, there are things it seems we agree on when it comes to religion. I have no idea why you are not an adherent of the prevalent religion of this country; but, I can say the reason I'm not is due to study of the Bible (specifically the "New Testament" ).

It is also obvious that you do not get YOUR information from independent study of the NT. (Sounds a bit like Zeitgeist).

In speaking of the birth of Jesus, you will find that the nativity story of Matthew and of Luke are not the same. In Luke we DO find the return of Jesus to the home of his mother and Joseph (as an infant). Luke does not have the Herod "slaughter of the innocents" or the family fleeing to Egypt. That is only in Matthew and it is my observation that the writer of that book is intent on showing that Jesus fulfilled the messiah prophecy. That particular one was,

Mat 2:15

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

The writer of Luke doesn't seem as concerned about Messianic prophecy.

Luk 2:21-22

And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

Another glaring difference between Matthew and Luke is that Matthew has a visit from wise men from the east - no shepherds. In Luke we get the shepherds; no wise men from the east bringing gifts.
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

dajcat
#2894 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 12:04:36 PM

THE REASON FOR THE 2 YEAR EDICT BY HEROD WAS DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT WAS ABOUT 2 YEARS LATER AFTER THE BIRTH OF JESUS HEROD REALIZED THE WISE MEN DID NOT RETURN TO HIM WTIH THE LOCAL OF THE NEW KING. SO IN ALL THERE WRAS ABOUT A 4 YEAR PERIOD BETWEEN THE BIRTH OF JESUS AND HIS RETURN FROM EGYPT TO NAZARETH. MANY EARLY PROPHECIES CONCERNING JESUS WERE FULFILLED DURING THAT TIME PERIOD. THE BIRTH OF JOHN THE BAPTIST (ELIJAH) THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS ,THE SLAUGHTER OF THE CHILDREN, HIS RETURN FROM EGYPT AND HIS DWELLING IN NAZARETH.
ONE MORE PROPHESY WAS MADE DURING THAT TIIME PERIOD BY SIMEON TO MARY.

watchman David
ixoye_8
#2895 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 12:59:08 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL

THAT IS NOT WHAT IT SAYS Shame on you

dajcat wrote:
THE REASON FOR THE 2 YEAR EDICT BY HEROD WAS DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT WAS ABOUT 2 YEARS LATER AFTER THE BIRTH OF JESUS HEROD REALIZED THE WISE MEN DID NOT RETURN TO HIM WTIH THE LOCAL OF THE NEW KING. SO IN ALL THERE WRAS ABOUT A 4 YEAR PERIOD BETWEEN THE BIRTH OF JESUS AND HIS RETURN FROM EGYPT TO NAZARETH. MANY EARLY PROPHECIES CONCERNING JESUS WERE FULFILLED DURING THAT TIME PERIOD. THE BIRTH OF JOHN THE BAPTIST (ELIJAH) THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS ,THE SLAUGHTER OF THE CHILDREN, HIS RETURN FROM EGYPT AND HIS DWELLING IN NAZARETH.
ONE MORE PROPHESY WAS MADE DURING THAT TIIME PERIOD BY SIMEON TO MARY.

watchman David

ixoye_8
#2896 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:03:27 PM

THE GOSPEL SAYS JESUS WAS DEDICATED IN THE TEMPLE ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW ..
WHICH MEANS THEY WENT TO EGYPT AND CAME BACK IN 33 DAYS ..
NOT A SILLY 2 YEAR SPECULATION WHICH NEGATES SCRIPTURE ..
ixoye_8
#2897 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:06:45 PM

ixoye_8 wrote:
THE GOSPEL SAYS JESUS WAS DEDICATED IN THE TEMPLE ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW ..
WHICH MEANS THEY WENT TO EGYPT AND CAME BACK IN 33 DAYS ..
NOT A SILLY 2 YEAR SPECULATION WHICH NEGATES SCRIPTURE ..

FYI: Southern Judea WAS part of Egypt until 106 ad Whistle
30 miles south of Bethlehem would have put them outside of Herod's jurisdiction ..
cheriq
#2898 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:35:37 PM

That Mary & Joseph took Jesus to Egypt at ALL - is ONLY spoken of in Matthew.

Matthew used Hosea 11:1 as "proof" that Jesus fulfilled messiah prophecy.

That was a REACH! The context of that "out of Egypt" thing is about the Jewish people, NOT about the coming Messiah.

The following verse, Hosea 11:2 reads: But the more I called them, the farther they departed from Me. They sacrificed to the Baals and burned incense to carved images.…

The messiah did NOT sacrifice to Baals or burn incense to carved images. This was NOT about the messiah, and I think Matthew made a lot of stuff up in order to convince of Jesus's messiah-ship.

According to Matthew, why did they go to Egypt? Because Herod had ordered the baby boys in that region killed (reminiscent of the reason Moses was put in a basket and floated down the Nile!) NOW - this supposed deal is called the "Slaughter of the Innocents". IF anyone can show me a contemporary, credible historic source that this Slaughter even happened, I'd be very interested.

Josephus writes of a LOT of hideous things Herod did -- but, NOT this one that supposedly caused Jesus to be taken to Egypt.
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

dajcat
#2899 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 4:41:03 PM

ALL IT SAYS IS tHAT JESUS WAS DEDICATED AT THE END OF MARY'S CONFINEMENT (33 days) it is only your supposition that they fled to egypt and returned in less than 33 dayss. we know at His 8th day He was taken to the temple for His circumcision, that leaves only 25 days to go to egypt and return. Can you show me that Herod had the children killed during those 25 days and then he himself died\.
when the wise men came they found Jesus and His parents dwelling in a house not a stable. According to you everything happened with in that 33 day time period.leaving very little time for the wise men to visit Jesus .

watchman David

ixoye_8
#2900 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:51:56 AM

dajcat wrote:
ALL IT SAYS IS tHAT JESUS WAS DEDICATED AT THE END OF MARY'S CONFINEMENT (33 days)

IT DOES TOO Shame on you

THE WISE MEN ONLY NEEDED ONE NIGHT ..
AND THEY WERE THEN STAYING IN A HOUSE WHEN JOSEPH GOT THE DREAM TO GO ..
PLENTY OF TIME TO GO AND GET BACK ..
147 Pages «<143144145146147>