Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

147 Pages «<144145146147>
Catholic Truths and Myths, Part 2 Options
ixoye_8
#2901 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:53:10 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
THE GOSPEL SAYS JESUS WAS DEDICATED IN THE TEMPLE ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW ..
WHICH MEANS THEY WENT TO EGYPT AND CAME BACK IN 33 DAYS ..
NOT A SILLY 2 YEAR SPECULATION WHICH NEGATES SCRIPTURE ..


FYI: Southern Judea WAS part of Egypt until 106 ad Whistle
30 miles south of Bethlehem would have put them outside of Herod's jurisdiction ..


why Herod slew children up to 2 years old

Mat 2:7 Then Herod secretly called the magi and determined from them the exact time the star appeared.
Mat 2:16 Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi.
ixoye_8
#2902 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:54:43 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
THE GOSPEL SAYS JESUS WAS DEDICATED IN THE TEMPLE ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW ..
WHICH MEANS THEY WENT TO EGYPT AND CAME BACK IN 33 DAYS ..
NOT A SILLY 2 YEAR SPECULATION WHICH NEGATES SCRIPTURE ..

FYI: Southern Judea WAS part of Egypt until 106 ad Whistle
30 miles south of Bethlehem would have put them outside of Herod's jurisdiction ..

why Herod slew children up to 2 years old

Mat 2:7 Then Herod secretly called the magi and determined from them the exact time the star appeared.
Mat 2:16 Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi.


Trip to Egypt ..

Mat 2:11 After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Mat 2:12 And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.
Mat 2:13 Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."
Mat 2:14 So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt.
Mat 2:15 He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."
ixoye_8
#2903 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:55:56 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
THE GOSPEL SAYS JESUS WAS DEDICATED IN THE TEMPLE ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW ..
WHICH MEANS THEY WENT TO EGYPT AND CAME BACK IN 33 DAYS ..
NOT A SILLY 2 YEAR SPECULATION WHICH NEGATES SCRIPTURE ..

FYI: Southern Judea WAS part of Egypt until 106 ad Whistle
30 miles south of Bethlehem would have put them outside of Herod's jurisdiction ..

why Herod slew children up to 2 years old

Mat 2:7 Then Herod secretly called the magi and determined from them the exact time the star appeared.
Mat 2:16 Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi.

Trip to Egypt ..

Mat 2:11 After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Mat 2:12 And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.
Mat 2:13 Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."
Mat 2:14 So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt.
Mat 2:15 He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."


Trip back to Israel

Mat 2:19 But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, and said,
Mat 2:20 "Get up, take the Child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel; for those who sought the Child's life are dead."
Mat 2:21 So Joseph got up, took the Child and His mother, and came into the land of Israel.
Mat 2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Then after being warned by God in a dream, he left for the regions of Galilee,
Mat 2:23 and came and lived in a city called Nazareth. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophets: "He shall be called a Nazarene."
ixoye_8
#2904 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:01:33 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
notice how Matthew covers the Magi and not the shepherds while Luke covers the shepherds and not the magi ..

also notice how Matthew covers the trip to Egypt and Luke does not .. yet Luke covers the circuncision and dedication and Matthew does not ..

BOTH ACCOUNTS ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE AND DO NOT CONTRADICT EACH OTHER ..

ADD THEM TOGETHER AND WATCH THE PICTURE COME INTO FOCUS ..


Luk 2:21 And when eight days had passed, before His circumcision, His name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
Luk 2:22 And when the days for their purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord
Luk 2:23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "EVERY firstborn MALE THAT OPENS THE WOMB SHALL BE CALLED HOLY TO THE LORD"wink,
Luk 2:24 and to offer a sacrifice according to what was said in the Law of the Lord, "A PAIR OF TURTLEDOVES OR TWO YOUNG PIGEONS."
Luk 2:25 And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to carry out for Him the custom of the Law,
Luk 2:28 then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 "Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, According to Your word;
Luk 2:30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation,
Luk 2:31 Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
Luk 2:32 A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES, And the glory of Your people Israel."
Luk 2:33 And His father and mother were amazed at the things which were being said about Him.
Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed--
Luk 2:35 and a sword will pierce even your own soul--to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed."
Luk 2:36 And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years and had lived with {her} husband seven years after her marriage,
Luk 2:37 and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the temple, serving night and day with fastings and prayers.
Luk 2:38 At that very moment she came up and {began} giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.
Luk 2:39 When they had performed everything according to the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city of Nazareth.

ixoye_8
#2905 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:03:52 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
notice how Matthew covers the Magi and not the shepherds while Luke covers the shepherds and not the magi ..

also notice how Matthew covers the trip to Egypt and Luke does not .. yet Luke covers the circuncision and dedication and Matthew does not ..

BOTH ACCOUNTS ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE AND DO NOT CONTRADICT EACH OTHER ..

ADD THEM TOGETHER AND WATCH THE PICTURE COME INTO FOCUS ..


Luk 2:21 And when eight days had passed, before His circumcision, His name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
Luk 2:22 And when the days for their purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord
Luk 2:23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "EVERY firstborn MALE THAT OPENS THE WOMB SHALL BE CALLED HOLY TO THE LORD"wink,
Luk 2:24 and to offer a sacrifice according to what was said in the Law of the Lord, "A PAIR OF TURTLEDOVES OR TWO YOUNG PIGEONS."
Luk 2:25 And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to carry out for Him the custom of the Law,
Luk 2:28 then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 "Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, According to Your word;
Luk 2:30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation,
Luk 2:31 Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
Luk 2:32 A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES, And the glory of Your people Israel."
Luk 2:33 And His father and mother were amazed at the things which were being said about Him.
Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed--
Luk 2:35 and a sword will pierce even your own soul--to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed."
Luk 2:36 And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years and had lived with {her} husband seven years after her marriage,
Luk 2:37 and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the temple, serving night and day with fastings and prayers.
Luk 2:38 At that very moment she came up and {began} giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.
Luk 2:39 When they had performed everything according to the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city of Nazareth.


so lets add them ..

Mary and Joseph come from Nazareth to Bethlehem for the census .. they cannot find room at the inn .. Jesus is born in a stable .. the shepherds come to Bethlehem and see Jesus .. meanwhile the magi arrive in Jerusalem .. the go south 5 miles to Bethlehem and find Jesus in a house .. they have a dream to not go back to Jerusalem .. next Jesus is circumcized (8 days) and Joseph has a dream to go to Egypt .. Herod is mad and kills all kids 2 and under (determined by first sighting of star by magi) .. Herod then dies and Joseph gets a dream to return to Israel .. they go to the Temple and dedicate Jesus (33 days) .. and then return to Nazareth right away because they feared Herod's son ..
ixoye_8
#2906 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:06:53 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
A FIRST SON MUST BE DEDICATED IN 33 DAYS ..

Lev 12:4 'Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed.
Lev 12:5 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.
Lev 12:6 'When the days of her purification are completed, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring to the priest at the doorway of the tent of meeting a one year old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering.
ixoye_8
#2907 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:08:19 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
A FIRST SON MUST BE DEDICATED IN 33 DAYS ..

Lev 12:4 'Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed.
Lev 12:5 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.
Lev 12:6 'When the days of her purification are completed, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring to the priest at the doorway of the tent of meeting a one year old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering.


let me draw a rough timeline according to scriptures ..

0-7 DAYS
Jesus is born in stable
shepherds visit stable
magi visit house (possibly 5th day)
magi return home (possibly 7th day

8-14 DAYS
Jesus is circumcized (8th day)
Joseph has dream to go to Egypt
(leaves in middle of the night)
Herod slaughters children 2 and under (possibly 9th day)

15-21 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Egypt (possibly 15th day)
Herod dies and Joseph has a dream to return to Israel (possibly 21st day)

22-30 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Jerusalem (possibly 31 days)

33 DAYS
Jesus is dedicated at 33 days old at the Temple in Jerusalem according to the Law of Moses

34-45 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Nazareth
ixoye_8
#2908 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:11:25 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:
ixoye_8 wrote:
A FIRST SON MUST BE DEDICATED IN 33 DAYS ..

Lev 12:4 'Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed.
Lev 12:5 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.
Lev 12:6 'When the days of her purification are completed, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring to the priest at the doorway of the tent of meeting a one year old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering.

let me draw a rough timeline according to scriptures ..

0-7 DAYS
Jesus is born in stable
shepherds visit stable
magi visit house (possibly 5th day)
magi return home (possibly 7th day

8-14 DAYS
Jesus is circumcised (8th day)
Joseph has dream to go to Egypt
(leaves in middle of the night)
Herod slaughters children 2 and under (possibly 9th day)

15-21 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Egypt (possibly 15th day)
Herod dies and Joseph has a dream to return to Israel (possibly 21st day)

22-30 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Jerusalem (possibly 31 days)

33 DAYS
Jesus is dedicated at 33 days old at the Temple in Jerusalem according to the Law of Moses

34-45 DAYS
Mary, Joseph and Jesus arrive in Nazareth


I do not think Mary, Joseph and Jesus would travel more then 10 miles a day since Mary had Jesus only 8 days prior ..

per week (as is allowed by scripture for traveling time inre: recorded events) a very conservative estimate is 50 miles and a liberal estimate would be 70 miles (5 days or 7 traveling) .. so is that enough time and distance to get to Egypt ??? .. YES .. the boundry of Egypt was at the southern border of Judea until 106 AD .. thus all they needed to do was go south out of Judea to be in Egypt and out of reach of Herod ThumpUp
ixoye_8
#2909 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:13:10 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
dajcat
#2910 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 12:54:24 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 6/6/2008
Posts: 15,895
I don't agree with you ix you have a lot of possibilities in your time line which means your not sure but never the less I wish you a blessed christmas and a good and healthy New Year as I wish all on the forum to have.

watchman David

ixoye_8
#2911 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 1:07:30 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
ixoye_8 wrote:


A Shepherd's manger for his flock in the hills of Bethlehem ..
dajcat
#2912 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:48:00 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 6/6/2008
Posts: 15,895
my time slot states it was 2 years after the birth of Jesus that the massacre of the
children took place. ACCORDING TO THE TIME HE ( Herod) HAD DILIGENTLY ENQUIRED OF THE WISE MEN.

Matthew 2: verse 16


watchman David
ixoye_8
#2913 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:14:49 PM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
dajcat wrote:
my time slot states it was 2 years after the birth of Jesus that the massacre of the
children took place
. ACCORDING TO THE TIME HE ( Herod) HAD DILIGENTLY ENQUIRED OF THE WISE MEN.

Matthew 2: verse 16


ONLY IN AN ILLOGICAL INTERPRETATION ..

THE TWO YEARS MEANS THE 1ST TIME THE MAGI SAW THE STAR WAS 2 YEARS PRIOR ..
SO HEROD DID NOT KNOW IF JESUS WOULD BE 2 YEARS OLD (when star first appeared) ..
OR THAT THE MAGI GOT THERE AT THE TIME JESUS WAS BORN .. WHICH IT WAS ..
dajcat
#2914 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:30:31 PM

Rank: King


Joined: 6/6/2008
Posts: 15,895
it states 2 years had passed since he(Herod) had enquired of the Magi. that would show Jesus moving to a house with the intent of staying in Bethlehem,
the Magi presenting gifts there. The key in that verse is the #2 indicating why Herod chose 2 as the top # to be slain.
It is obvious by that verse that they moved to a house,, Jesus presented to the congregation at the temple, goes back to the house to live..
about 2 years pass until Herod realizes he has been duped and gives the order to kill.2 and under His parent with Jesus then flees to Egypt until Herod is dead .
they returns to Bethlehem but because a new Herod sits on the throne goes to Nazareth instead.

watchman David
ixoye_8
#2915 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:21:48 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
dajcat wrote:
it states 2 years had passed since he(Herod) had enquired of the Magi.


NOT IN ANY BIBLE DOES IT SAY THAT Shame on you

Mat 2:7 Then Herod secretly called the magi and determined from them the exact time the star appeared.

Mat 2:16 Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi.


ixoye_8
#2916 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:38:40 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
SO IF THEY WATCHED THE STAR FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, LOOKED IT UP, AND APPLIED IT TO JEWISH PROPHECY, AND THEN FOLLOWED IT FOR 6 MONTHS ..
(all to be there at the proper time)

ARRIVING IN JERUSALEM THE MAGI TELL HEROD THEY FIRST SAW THE STAR 2 YEARS AGO
(hence ANY 0-2 year old to make sure the alleged king dies)

THE MAGI THEN GO 5 MILES SOUTH TO BETHLEHEM AND FIND JESUS ..
THEY THEN BEING WARNED BY GOD LEAVE ANOTHER WAY BACK ..
AND JOSEPH MARY AND JESUS ARE ALREADY GONE WHEN HEROD GETS TO BETHLEHEM TO KILL JESUS ..

AS I PREVIOUSLY POINTED OUT .. JESUS WAS DEDICATED AT 33 DAYS OLD (after returning from Egypt) ..
cfirebird65
#2917 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:33:32 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 18,305
Terry, thank you for your excellent biblical and historical references.

Obviously, you put a good deal of study into the subject for our edification.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer



dajcat
#2918 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:44:24 AM

Rank: King


Joined: 6/6/2008
Posts: 15,895
even if they told Herod it was 2 years before coming to Jerusalem. they had seen the star the killing had not taken place yet so there was
no reason for them to flee Bethlehem Herod did not realize he had been duped by the wise men until some time later, allowing the
wise men to go to Bethlehem and then return to him, which they didn't.


watchman David


Ix, your claim is that the massacre took place before Jesus return from egypt and then He was dedicated at the temple (33 days), There is no record that they ever went back to Bethlehem
only that was their intentions so did they wait hidden somewhere awaiting that 33 day to take
J esus to the temple.? You picture the area as being serene after such a horrible event.
ixoye_8
#2919 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 4:10:10 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 1/21/2009
Posts: 103,644
cfirebird65 wrote:
Terry, thank you for your excellent biblical and historical references.

Obviously, you put a good deal of study into the subject for our edification.


thank you ..
cfirebird65
#2920 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:16:17 AM

Rank: King



Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 18,305
As a former Protestant, Sonja Corbitt, used the “Roman Road” like a rapier “to pick off Catholics from the Church. She could seemingly pick apart Catholic teachings with ease using the same Bible. Here is what she says.

“There is none righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10).

“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

“The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:24).

“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For man believes with his heart and so is justified, and he confesses with the lips and so is saved” (Romans 10:9-10).

Did you see anything there about the sacraments? It says believe and confess and you will be saved. Confession to a priest? The Bible does not say that anywhere and the Bible does not lie. Church attendance? Saints? Holy Days of “Obligation”? None of these are in the Bible either. You must accept Jesus and be saved; that is all. You just read it yourself. Have you been saved? Will you go to Heaven when you die? “For God so loved the world he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16, emphasis added). You must be saved or go to hell and perish. It is that simple….or so I thought.

When my understanding of the Catholic Faith “clicked” (largely because of the information I share here), I spent the long dark hours of an entire night on my face before the Lord, sobbing at my zealous self-righteous ignorance in leading people away from his Church
– to the “valley of dry bones,” where the living breath of the Holy Spirit in the sacraments does not blow (see Ezekiel 37).

With my head, heart and faith now fulfilled in the Catholic Church, I see with painful regularity how quickly God’s people are “destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4:6), even as they yearn to share the beautiful practices that animate their lives with those they know and love.

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer



147 Pages «<144145146147>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF_Copper Theme Modified from a Jaben Cargman theme (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.983 seconds.