MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

47 Pages <1234>»
Quotes to consider Options
cheriq
#21 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:48:43 PM

“Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.”
Albert Einstein

“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."
Carl Gustav Jung

Heaven help me remember the wisdom stated above. My refuge now from the admission of ignorance, is to resort to expressing disinterest. So many books, so little time.
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

Remember back when Sarah Palin was the craziest person in politics? GOOD TIMES.

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion...nice try though.

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

KEEP TALKING. I'm diagnosing you.

fishnet
#22 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:34:12 PM

cheriq wrote:
Albert Einstein

“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."
Carl Gustav Jung

Heaven help me remember the wisdom stated above. My refuge now from the admission of ignorance, is to resort to expressing disinterest. So many books, so little time.

Admitting ignorance is the first step in tipping the scale toward the knowledge we seek...so little time...give me eternity.
cheriq
#23 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 7:55:21 PM

fishnet wrote:
cheriq wrote:
Albert Einstein

Carl Gustav Jung

Admitting ignorance is the first step in tipping the scale toward the knowledge we seek...so little time...give me eternity.

Heaven in a library? Smile
Can we just admit we may have taken this 'anyone can grow up to be President' thing just a bit too far?

I'm going to quit asking, "How dumb can you get?" People seem to be taking it as a challenge.

cheriq
#24 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 12:34:35 AM

No mud no lotus

cheriq
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:08:48 PM

cheriq
#26 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 8:26:03 PM

It is only through silent awareness that our physical and mental nature can change. This change is completely spontaneous. If we make an effort to change we do no more than shift our attention from one level, from one thing, to another. We remain in a vicious circle. This only transfers energy from one point to another. It still leaves us oscillating between suffering and pleasure, each leading inevitably back to the other. Only living stillness, stillness without someone trying to be still, is capable of undoing the conditioning our biologoical, emotional and psychological nature has undergone. There is no controller, no selector, no personality making choices. In choiceless living the situation is given the freedom to unfold. You do not grasp one aspect over another for there is nobody to grasp. When you understand something and live it without being stuck to the formulation, what you have understood dissolves in your openness. In this silence change takes place of its own accord, the problem is resolved and duality ends. You are left in your glory where no one has understood and nothing has been understood.
Jean Klein, I Am

ixoye_8
#27 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 9:16:31 PM

Applause Applause Applause
cheriq
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 1:04:06 AM

cheriq
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00:32 AM

“God does not blame me for being an individual, but for my individualism. His greatest problem is not the outward divisions and denominations that divide His church, but our own individualistic hearts.”
― Watchman Nee, The Normal Christian Life

dajcat
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:07:55 AM

he who confesess Me before men the same I will confess before My Father but he who denies Me before men the same I will deny before My Father.

Jesus Christ AD 31

Watchman David

ixoye_8
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:06:24 PM

Tit 1:16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.
cfirebird65
#32 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 2:32:22 AM

cheriq wrote:

Remind me, where did I see that word, PERIOD, overused on the forum?

LOL LOL LOL

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

cheriq
#33 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 2:53:41 PM

cheriq
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 10:49:06 AM

Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.
-- Aeschylus

cfirebird65
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:54:11 PM

“A prayer that does not lead you to practical action for your brother — the poor, the sick, those in need of help, a brother in difficulty — is a sterile and incomplete prayer.

But, in the same way .............when time is not set aside for dialogue with Him in prayer, we risk serving ourselves and not God present in our needy brother and sister.

St. Benedict sums up the kind of life that indicated for his monks in three words: "Ora Et Labora" - "Pray and Work." It is from contemplation, from a strong friendship with the Lord that the capacity is born in us to live and to bring the love of God, His mercy, His tenderness, to others. And also our work with brothers in need, our charitable works of mercy, lead us to the Lord, because it is in the needy brother and sister that we see the Lord Himself.”

Pope Francis, 2016

Psalm 51:7 (NAB) "Behold, I was born in guilt, In sin my mother conceived me." This verse tells us that we are conceived in the iniquity of sin, hence the need to baptize infants.

Mt.19:14-15 "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME UNTO ME." Jesus did not exclude infants from His salvific graces nor put any age requirement on the Sacrament of Baptism.

Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you AND TO YOUR CHILDREN". This verse includes children, even infants. Intellectual assent by infants and children under the age of reason was not required in the NT.

"Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Ch. 7, The Didache on 'Baptism, A.D. 70

"The Church has received from the Apostles the custom of administering Baptism even to infants.....all are tainted with the stain of original sin, which must be washed off by water and the Spirit." Origen (185-254 A.D) on 'Baptism,' Alexandrian, Philosopher, Theologian and Writer

cfirebird65
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:41:52 PM

"The laws of the emperor are to one effect, those of Christ to another . . . in the former the restraints upon impurity are left loose for men . . . among us [Catholic] Christians, on the contrary, the belief is: What is not permitted to women is also forbidden to men, and the same service (that of God) is also judged by the same standard."

St. Jerome in "Ep. lxxvii, ad Ocean.", P.L., XXII, 691.

cheriq
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:14:02 PM

To love everyone is incumbent upon all Christians. Not everyone is Christian, however, and not everyone agrees with Christ on this matter. What is more, some people confuse loving others with agreeing with them or allowing them nearly any concession. Unconditional love is not unconditional approval, unconditional agreement, or unconditional tolerance of all beliefs and practices.

~Joshua Karl

cheriq
#38 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 5:31:51 PM

This article written by an online friend is EXCELLENT - it examines Christ saying to LOVE YOUR ENEMIES.

https://mysticalchrist.o...ove-your-enemies-part-2/

cheriq
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:45:28 PM

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

I don't think enough who claim to follow Jesus's teachings are interested in being called "the children of God".

With Christianity being the world's largest religion, what would happen if they ALL refused to engage in violent activities - including joining the military?

dajcat
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:27:00 PM

until the whole world comes under the authority of Jesus Christ we need to keep our guns well loaded and our powder dry.

Watchman David
47 Pages <1234>»