Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

'We went flying off': Police officer drives into crowd as protesters surround car Options
alkarocky
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 3:28:38 PM

'We went flying off': Police officer drives into crowd as protesters surround car
'He ran over a couple people's arms, feet'
WND News Services By WND News Services
Published June 29, 2020 at 12:15pm

A Detroit police officer is seen driving into a crowd of protesters surrounding his car on Sunday, June 29, 2020 (Video screenshot)

By Andrew Trunsky
Daily Caller News Foundation

A Detroit police SUV drove into a crowd of protesters Sunday evening after they surrounded the car, according to video of the incident shared on Twitter.

The car briefly accelerated into the crowd of approximately 15 people before stopping, sending some protesters onto the ground and the hood of the car, according to the video. Once stopped, it accelerated with people still on its hood, according to the video posted to Twitter by activist Ethan Ketner.

Protesters can be heard screaming as they chase the car. The incident sent multiple protesters to the hospital, according to Ketner.

Jae Bass, who claims he was one of the protesters thrown from the car, said that he had originally stood in front of it to separate the car from the other protesters.

“In response to that, he just floored it,” Bass told the Detroit Free Press.

Did this police officer do the right thing?
Yes No
Enter your email

Completing this poll entitles you to WND news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
“He went super fast. Me and a couple of other organizers that were with me, just went flinging off. We went flying off. He ran over a couple people’s arms, feet. He ran over her phone. I think I was the last person on the car. I was just holding onto the car. I could feel him speeding up and then he did one of these and he [flung] me off the car,” Bass said.

The Detroit Police Department did not respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request to comment, but Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the department would address the incident at a press conference Monday afternoon Facebook page.

The incident is not the first clash between demonstrators and police, as protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, who died after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes, have led to high tensions and violence in cities nationwide.

This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://www.wnd.com/2020...protesters-surround-car/
Sponsor  

monk37
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:48:16 PM

What is it with these thug morons who 'feel' like they own every one and thing if they gather in the middle of the street and attack any and everyone in a car?

Did they hear 'go play in the highway' from their nanny's too often or is it just a captive audience-victum they feel' a deep 'need' to torture ?

My visibility was obstructed by screaming lunatics on the hood and I was in fear for my life ....

Option 1
(Just sit there terrified and wait for a social worker to hopefully show up before ending up in the hospital or dead.
(Both you and or social worker)

Option 2
(Call 911 where the operator says it was a pre approved protest so they would only leave a message for any cops left in the area but to file any complaints through the automated city complaint center.

Option 3
(Inch forward down the street and really piss em off.

Option 4
(Surge a little forward and hard skid stop as a warning, rev the engine a few times and then just move it on out of there in the path of least idiots resistance.

It ought to be refined into a national poll now that it's the season of witch ... er um which to choose as if more than half are living in a small small CHOP..CHAZ..CHUMP world.

BETWEENTHELINES