Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

9 Pages <12345>»
Copper.net Email Migration Issues Options
voyager
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 4:50:21 PM

Rank: Bishop


Joined: 2/26/2022
Posts: 50
llww wrote:
VOYAGER, thanks -- yes, we're having the same dial-up problems. But yesterday afternoon something miraculously worked: the Everyone-webmail slowly showed recent emails, and I was even able to send one out (which actually went)! But today, despite a dozen tries, the https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login just shows the constipated cog again. sad

MATT and other tech support there, thanks for all your hard efforts (even if seemingly to no avail thus far). Please don't give up the ship (yet)! :-/


llww: Yesterday?? The last time I was able to log in with no problem was, I think, Sunday. The next time is when I noticed the problem, which was Monday night, although it is possible that if I would have tried it at the same time you did, maybe it would have worked for me also.





Here is an update:

https://webmail.everyone.net
--login screen loads
--after submitting login credentials, another, smaller gear appears under password and says "redirecting", but nothing else happens...waited 10 minutes

https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/
--login screen loads without "programming remnants" as I previously called them
--after submitting login credentials, another, smaller gear appears under password and says "redirecting", but nothing else happens...waited 10 minutes.


Note: since my post about the new password receiving an invalid error, I have used my old password.
Chooch4
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 5:09:39 PM

Rank: Knight




Joined: 9/23/2002
Posts: 25
Yes I would suspect Matt and any other support techs handling this are going crazy with all the complaints. We out here appreciate any and all efforts.
Update on my situation - Still cannot log into the website to check email on the web page so I can sort and delete the darn things. But with the other ports I was given I can download them onto my computer via Live Mail. The other side of the coin is I cannot send anything via live mail AND a lot of the messages are so large that it hangs up the download and restarts it. So I'm still really at stage one yet.
Odd how live mail goes out and uses my password on the site and connects but when I manually enter it I get an invalid. What's with that?!
Gray hair anyone?
stevet
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 5:28:24 PM

Rank: Knight


Joined: 4/14/2005
Posts: 10
I have attempted to go through the new link on the first page and so I need to reset my password since it doesn't recognize it. I get through that and then get to this:

Quote:

Step 2: Security Question
You don't have security question set. Please contact customer support to reset your password.


Since customer support hasn't answered a prior email on a different subject, for a week, I'm afraid this will take a long time as well.

Any way to get past this?

If you can send me directions or info, please use stevet@wkyr.net Thanx .
matt
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 8:14:27 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
voyager wrote:
matt wrote:
voyager wrote:
Still cannot login:

https://www.mycopper.net/WebMail/------results in certificate error.

https://webmail.everyone.net------results in endless twirling gear icon.

https://webmail-3109.everyone.net------results in displaying a place to type in mail and password, but there is no "ok" or "Login" button to submit them. I tried just using <Enter>, but nothing happens.


Hello Voyager,

It sounds like the page isn't fully loading, which should be a temporary issue. We haven't heard many other reports of this problem and I'm wondering if a refresh of the page or disconnecting and dialing back in might help solve your problem. Are you still having this issue?


--I have been trying every couple of hours all day yesterday and just tried again, each time reloading the pages and redialing. Today, I found that sometimes it still shows that gear and nothing else, and on rare occasion, it shows kind of a broken version of the login page. I found that if I use the new password you sent me, it gives an invalid login error. I tried using my old password, and then it shows my email address in the upper right corner, but the rest of the page is blank (white) and nothing else happens. I then reloaded the page. The whole page turns white and the turning gear returns and does not go away--I waited 15 minutes. I tried reloading the page again--no change.

It looks to me like llww, chooch4, and I have the same or similar problem as we all have dialup. chooch4 states having "very slow" dialup. My dialup is close to maximum, 52-53.

What now? Please, advise.


Voyager,

I'm sorry if I've already asked this, but would you be willing to try thunderbird? It can be downloaded here https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

matt
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 8:16:21 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
danvir wrote:
I use Thunderbird and have changed both POP and SMPT to mail.everyone.net. Changed the POP port from default 110 to 995. Get "Sending of password for user danvir did not succeed. Mail server mail.everyone.net responded: Invalid password or username" You list POP3, my settings page just says POP. What ideas to fix this do you have today.


danvir,

What does it say for the connection security? For pop3/imap, it should say ssl/tls. For SMTP is should say STARTTLS
matt
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 8:34:19 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
bbbbb5 wrote:
HELP HELP HELP
I have not had email access for 5 days now. I had intermittent access on Friday and Sat, and then nothing. I have tried the new login app, it just says my password is wrong. It won't let me change password.
I have called the 888-336-3318 and left a bunch of messages for anyone to call me back - NOTHING!!!
my email is bbbbb5@copper.net
thanks


Hello bbbbb5,

Please check your inbox here on the MyCopper.net forum. I've sent you a private message.
matt
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 9:03:19 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
chooch4 wrote:
Yes I would suspect Matt and any other support techs handling this are going crazy with all the complaints. We out here appreciate any and all efforts.
Update on my situation - Still cannot log into the website to check email on the web page so I can sort and delete the darn things. But with the other ports I was given I can download them onto my computer via Live Mail. The other side of the coin is I cannot send anything via live mail AND a lot of the messages are so large that it hangs up the download and restarts it. So I'm still really at stage one yet.
Odd how live mail goes out and uses my password on the site and connects but when I manually enter it I get an invalid. What's with that?!
Gray hair anyone?


Chooch4 and voyager,

Have either of you tried to access the webmail from a cell phone? Just curious if that works? I know it's not a solution, but just curious for testing.

Chooch4, I have confirmed your webmail is working.

Could either of you also try this, I know it's not elegant at all, but again just taking a shot at something.

1. Go to https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login
2. Press F12 on your keyboard
3. At the top of the screen, in the Dimensions drop down list, select iPhone SE
4. Refresh the page.
5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to close the panel with the code on the right by clicking the x at the top right of the code screen.

This process should load the mobile version of the webmail interface and hopefully not load all of the javascript that the desktop version uses.
matt
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 9:07:36 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
stevet wrote:
I have attempted to go through the new link on the first page and so I need to reset my password since it doesn't recognize it. I get through that and then get to this:

Quote:

Step 2: Security Question
You don't have security question set. Please contact customer support to reset your password.


Since customer support hasn't answered a prior email on a different subject, for a week, I'm afraid this will take a long time as well.

Any way to get past this?

If you can send me directions or info, please use stevet@wkyr.net Thanx .


Hello Stevet, I've emailed you the information you are looking for. Hope that helps.
voyager
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 9:46:48 PM

Rank: Bishop


Joined: 2/26/2022
Posts: 50
I have received a private message from a user who is not using dialup and is also getting an endless gear icon. Therefore, it seems that it is not just dialup people.
======================================
For dialup people, and those others described above: here is an interesting update:

https://webmail.everyone.net-----results to a blank/white page

https://webmail-3109.everyone.net-----(Are these 2 sites supposed to be the same? I'm not sure.) Currently, this site now takes only 15 seconds to load the login page. (Note the time elements apply to dialup and may be different for other connections.) Next, I thought of trying an old trick I have used for funky-acting websites and found out the following... After entering and submitting login credentials, wait 4 minutes. Close the tab. Open a blank tab, paste https://webmail-3109.everyone.net, and load it. Within a minute, the webmail loads inbox and the mail (yey!). However, this is still an annoyance that should eventually be fixed. I tried waiting 3 minutes, but the mail folders do not work correctly, and if they ever do, it takes a lot longer than waiting the initial 4 minutes.

The above worked for me, but the way this has been going, even though it seems it should work for everyone, maybe it won't (? ).
=======================================


Next, I have these questions:

1
The rest of my old mail and folders should appear within 4 days, correct?

2
There is a selection on the left that includes "Preferences". If I select it, nothing happens. Is it supposed to?

3
Is there a way to open a message in a new tab? (When using Print in the old mail, it opened a message in a new tab, which does not do so now.)

4
"Could either of you also try this, I know it's not elegant at all, but again just taking a shot at something.

1. Go to https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login
2. Press F12 on your keyboard
3. At the top of the screen, in the Dimensions drop down list, select iPhone SE
4. Refresh the page.
5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to close the panel with the code on the right by clicking the x at the top right of the code screen.

This process should load the mobile version of the webmail interface and hopefully not load all of the javascript that the desktop version uses."
--I would still like to try this to speed things up, but if I press F12, it opens a web developer tool box (elements, console, etc.)

5
Reply, Forward, Compose: How? If I select any of these, they do not work. Nothing happens. I can receive and read mail, but cannot send any.


Thanks.


mkc
#50 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:46:51 AM

Rank: Pawn


Joined: 4/21/2021
Posts: 1
Hey All-

Im having the same issue as stevet.

When I try to log in to the old site using Firefox, I get this:
1636725.svc.e1m.net and a big security warning.

When I try to log in to the new webmail site from the copper.net site, I cannot reset password because I don't have a secure prompt question, and am told to
Go to Support.

- From previous (recent)experience, I know the number is useless.

- As I have no way to get email from copper.net at this point, Im appealing to Matt directly
(And I hope he is surviving this folly with all nerve endings intact.)

Matt, if you tell me where to securely send you my gmail address, you can save me just like you saved stevet.
And saving people is good. May even make you feel better.
I know you are gonna save everyone else as well, but I suspect you are now exhausted.

I urge compassion from everyone. Towards Matt, at least.
As for Those Responsible, I say hell yeah, go ahead- with pitchforks & torches for all.

Truly yours,
MkC
ibox
#51 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 3:45:15 AM

Rank: Pawn


Joined: 8/1/2013
Posts: 2
Matt, please help me. The Webmail (https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login) with a new password you gave me on Tuesday doesn't work. It says "Error! Incorrect email address/password. " I can't reset from the page also because I don't have a security question set.
keelmac
#52 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 7:16:33 AM

Rank: Pawn


Joined: 6/1/2003
Posts: 4
hi, im sure this has been addressed but i logged in to the new server on Friday and today is 7 days later and I still dont have any of my folders from the old email platform and neither doe my daughter. some of those emails i saved are very important. when will they be transfered over. i keep reading 4 days but its been 7. please advise thanks
glaw
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 8:17:43 AM

Rank: Knight


Joined: 11/10/2003
Posts: 13
I have no trouble logging in and receiving emails with the new system. However all my old emails and folders are still not available. Its been several days (more than 4) and still nothing. This is very important to me. Matt - please advise. Best Regards!
macweb
#54 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 11:04:40 AM

Rank: Pawn


Joined: 10/13/2009
Posts: 2
Hi Matt,

I'm an Outlook client user and haven't been able to download to my Outlook client since Monday. I receive the following Outlook error:

Task 'xxxxxx@copper.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I changed my POP3 port from 110 to 995 as you suggested and the server name to mail.everyone.net. My SMTP was already at port 587.
We would reayy like to start using this again for I get a lot of daily email and would like to continue sorting in my folders.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
matt
#55 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:03:07 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
voyager wrote:
I have received a private message from a user who is not using dialup and is also getting an endless gear icon. Therefore, it seems that it is not just dialup people.
======================================
For dialup people, and those others described above: here is an interesting update:

https://webmail.everyone.net-----results to a blank/white page

https://webmail-3109.everyone.net-----(Are these 2 sites supposed to be the same? I'm not sure.) Currently, this site now takes only 15 seconds to load the login page. (Note the time elements apply to dialup and may be different for other connections.) Next, I thought of trying an old trick I have used for funky-acting websites and found out the following... After entering and submitting login credentials, wait 4 minutes. Close the tab. Open a blank tab, paste https://webmail-3109.everyone.net, and load it. Within a minute, the webmail loads inbox and the mail (yey!). However, this is still an annoyance that should eventually be fixed. I tried waiting 3 minutes, but the mail folders do not work correctly, and if they ever do, it takes a lot longer than waiting the initial 4 minutes.

The above worked for me, but the way this has been going, even though it seems it should work for everyone, maybe it won't (? ).
=======================================


Next, I have these questions:

1
The rest of my old mail and folders should appear within 4 days, correct?

2
There is a selection on the left that includes "Preferences". If I select it, nothing happens. Is it supposed to?

3
Is there a way to open a message in a new tab? (When using Print in the old mail, it opened a message in a new tab, which does not do so now.)

4
"Could either of you also try this, I know it's not elegant at all, but again just taking a shot at something.

1. Go to https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login
2. Press F12 on your keyboard
3. At the top of the screen, in the Dimensions drop down list, select iPhone SE
4. Refresh the page.
5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to close the panel with the code on the right by clicking the x at the top right of the code screen.

This process should load the mobile version of the webmail interface and hopefully not load all of the javascript that the desktop version uses."
--I would still like to try this to speed things up, but if I press F12, it opens a web developer tool box (elements, console, etc.)

5
Reply, Forward, Compose: How? If I select any of these, they do not work. Nothing happens. I can receive and read mail, but cannot send any.


Thanks.




Voyager, here are the answers to your questions:
1. That is correct. The old mail should populate in the next 4 days if the information I have been given is correct.
2. The preferences tab should present a number of options to manage your mailbox, including what happens when you click on a message (if it opens in a new windows or the large window on the right). I'm guessing it isn't loading for you because of the slow connection and the massive amount of javascript needed to load that page.
3. If the preferences window would open correctly, yet. but as a side not, when I click on the print button in the top right while viewing a message, it does open the print view in a new window that only contains the contents of the message. From what you have said, this should work perfectly for you.
4. This is correct, it should open the developer console and give you an option at the top of the scene to the mobile version of the page. Once you change views and refresh the page, I'm curious if it will load faster for you.
5. Again, this sounds like a result of slow loading times due to your connection and the javascript needed to perform the action.

matt
#56 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:05:55 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
mkc wrote:
Hey All-

Im having the same issue as stevet.

When I try to log in to the old site using Firefox, I get this:
1636725.svc.e1m.net and a big security warning.

When I try to log in to the new webmail site from the copper.net site, I cannot reset password because I don't have a secure prompt question, and am told to
Go to Support.

- From previous (recent)experience, I know the number is useless.

- As I have no way to get email from copper.net at this point, Im appealing to Matt directly
(And I hope he is surviving this folly with all nerve endings intact.)

Matt, if you tell me where to securely send you my gmail address, you can save me just like you saved stevet.
And saving people is good. May even make you feel better.
I know you are gonna save everyone else as well, but I suspect you are now exhausted.

I urge compassion from everyone. Towards Matt, at least.
As for Those Responsible, I say hell yeah, go ahead- with pitchforks & torches for all.

Truly yours,
MkC


Mkc,

Please see your inbox here on the mycopper.net forums. I have sent you a private message.
matt
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:09:17 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
ibox wrote:
Matt, please help me. The Webmail (https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login) with a new password you gave me on Tuesday doesn't work. It says "Error! Incorrect email address/password. " I can't reset from the page also because I don't have a security question set.


ibox,

Please see your inbox here on the mycopper.net forum. I have sent you a private message.
matt
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:13:46 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
keelmac wrote:
hi, im sure this has been addressed but i logged in to the new server on Friday and today is 7 days later and I still dont have any of my folders from the old email platform and neither doe my daughter. some of those emails i saved are very important. when will they be transfered over. i keep reading 4 days but its been 7. please advise thanks


keelmac & glaw,

Let me investigate. I'll get back with you soon.
matt
#59 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:22:23 PM

Rank: Administration


Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 70
macweb wrote:
Hi Matt,

I'm an Outlook client user and haven't been able to download to my Outlook client since Monday. I receive the following Outlook error:

Task 'xxxxxx@copper.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I changed my POP3 port from 110 to 995 as you suggested and the server name to mail.everyone.net. My SMTP was already at port 587.
We would reayy like to start using this again for I get a lot of daily email and would like to continue sorting in my folders.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!


Hello macweb,

Can you tell me what your POP encryption method is? It should be set to SSL/TLS

Your SMTP encryption method should be set to STARTTLS

Let me know if that helps
macweb
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 1:12:10 PM

Rank: Pawn


Joined: 10/13/2009
Posts: 2
Matt,

I checked off to use SSL for the POP3. SSL was unchecked previously. The options for SMTP was set to NONE. Options were to change to SSL, TLS and Auto. I chose TLS. Now I receive 'Receiving error (0x800CCC92): "Your email server rejected your login. Verify your name and password in your account properties. I'm not why I would need to do this, but do you think I should change my password? If so, I think that is initiated from MyCopper.net?

Thanks.
9 Pages <12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF_Copper Theme Modified from a Jaben Cargman theme (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 5.262 seconds.