Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

16 Pages «<13141516>
Questions and Suggestions Options
mlawson
#281 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:22:13 PM

In the lists of threads under each topic area, when a cursor slides over the title of the thread it gives a 'peek' at the first post. This was a nice addition to the new format for MyCopper, but seeing the peek at the first post is of very little benefit.

This same feature would have a much greater usefulness if it gave a peek at the last post instead of the first post.
kpichur
#282 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:52:41 PM

After loading up and using java script and firefox (browser)(had to use a friends computer to do this that's how bad using internet explorer was since the new home page was introduced) On your new home page all my problems with loading, errors, slowness and just plain problems are gone. Now for suggestions mainly extra button click savers, on copper home page could you make google window show on the search page and leave your search topic in it as to refine your search one has to back click to copper home page and literally start with a blank search again. now for Ebay on copper home page could make the Ebay logo active to open the Ebay sign in page, your old home page was like this. again these are all button click savers that seem to me a time saver. Thanks
dmkwgcw
#283 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:52:53 PM

New screen looks good but definitely needs to be wider !ThumbDown The AP news stories start loading and then lose about an inch in width.This would be good for meLaugh but not for the story.It ends up like a vertical ticker tape. If I could just drag and click the page borders to a size I like and increase font size I would be a happy camper.ThumpUp
Beaudro
#284 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:30:46 AM

Think Anxious I suggest you go to profile(at the top of the page)>User settings > Portal Theme.
And set your portal theme to "Fluid".
That will make the home-page widerAnxious Think
dajcat
#285 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:14:07 AM

I recently posted a thread on the Religous forum CatholicTruths and myths #1889. Someone has found a way to add smileys to someone elses postings. I did not post that smiley as I cannot with the web browser I am using. I cannot edit nor start a new topic nor any of the other things that I was able to do under the old format. I cannot retreive private messages either. If i want to edit I must complettly rewrite a second posting with the edits. I think it is a serious breech of Forum protocol to add to someone elses posting and should be seriously reprimanded. This is the second time this has happened. I do not like the idea that someone can change (by adding a smiley ) the whole theme of my message. dajcat
lyris
#286 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:17:39 AM

Firefox really sucks. It's so slow. I would prefer Safari but I can't Reply, everything vanishes when I try. When I use reply with Firefox it sometimes takes a half an hour to finally change.
mlawson
#287 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:33:13 AM

dajcat wrote:
I recently posted a thread on the Religous forum CatholicTruths and myths #1889. Someone has found a way to add smileys to someone elses postings. I did not post that smiley as I cannot with the web browser I am using...

I think it is a serious breech of Forum protocol to add to someone elses posting and should be seriously reprimanded. This is the second time this has happened. I do not like the idea that someone can change (by adding a smiley ) the whole theme of my message.

No person did this. It has been a glitch ever since Jeff gave us so many new Smileys. If you type a combo of keystrokes that coincidentally matches the code for a Smiley, you get a Smiley. MANY of these Smiley codes contain a part of a paragraph so this shows up if you are giving a Bible passage.

Easy solution, go back to your same post with the unwanted Smileys. Figure out the last word prior to, or the first word after, the unwanted Smiley. Click on 'edit'. Find the keystrokes that created the Smiley. In the middle of the code for the Smiley, add a space. Post.

Like magic your unwanted Smiley disappears.

dajcat wrote:
... I cannot edit nor start a new topic nor any of the other things that I was able to do under the old format... If i want to edit I must complettly rewrite a second posting with the edits... dajcat

I need more info on what is happening to help you. Do you see the 'edit' button? Do you click on it? What happens when you do? (The 'edit' button ONLY appears when you are 'logged into forum' for posting. Be sure that the upper right corner of your page says 'logout'. If it says 'login', you are logged into to the internet, but not fully logged into forum.)
dajcat wrote:
I cannot retreive private messages either...

First you must be fully logged into forum for posting. In the upper right corner you should see "inbox(1 unread)". Click on the blue word 'inbox'. If you are on a laptop, some of these boxes and buttons can be very faint and hard to notice until you look for them.

It would probably help you if you would read through all of the posts in General > MyCopper Tips, Tricks and MORE COLORS:

Link to General > MyCopper Tips, Tricks and MORE COLORS

EDIT: PS There is a delay after a PM is sent to you, before the notice 'you have a private message' appears in your email. Often I get a notice in my email that I have a PM long (OK, maybe 30 minutes?) AFTER I have already read it.

jfloyd
#288 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:12:22 AM

I can't even start a new post of my problem. The new post option is not available anywhere.

I suddenly keep being a guest after five years of paying for Copper.

Am I being asked to leave and stop paying?

jfloyd
#289 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 10:13:48 PM

Well, what an insightful and informative and helpful reply.

I actually have several positive posts to write, but hey, I got mad at a right winger who called me everything but human.
Beaudro
#290 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:31:12 AM

DID YOU SEND ME THIS ???

It is in my spam folder.(Eh? look)
Something doesn't feel right!!

Dear copper.net email User,

We regret any inconvenience this may cause our copper.net e-mail users.
We are updating our database storage facility, without disconnecting the old
Server (NT06717) to a new and
better Server (NT21766), Thus the reason for the request and notification. We apologize for any inconvenience
this will cause our respected email users. Please filling the details shown below to enable us upgrade and verify
from the old server. It is safe and you can change your information 72 hours after receiving the confirmation email.
Fill in the details below to upgrade your account and to prevent it from been De-activated from our server.

First Name:
Last Name:
User ID:
Password:

Respond back as soon as email is received.

Warning!
Account owner that does not update his or her own account within five (5)working days after receiving this notice and will
have there account De-activated and will not be able to make use of there account any longer, in this case, I advise
you fill in the information above and get back to my desk as soon as possible.

Thank you for using our copper.net Mail Service.

Regards,
copper.net Technical Support Team
Copyright © copper.net 2010 All Rights Reserved.
mlawson
#291 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:18:29 PM

Thanks for the warning. This post should be repeated as a new warning thread in Religion and Politics because some never leave those topics.

If someone complies with this, (or already has Scared) that puts all members of Copper at risk because the spammer will then have access to the entire membership list for future spamming.

Beaudro wrote:
DID YOU SEND ME THIS ???

Dear copper.net email User,

We regret any inconvenience this may cause our copper.net e-mail users.
We are updating our database storage facility, without disconnecting the old
Server (NT06717) to a new and
better Server (NT21766), Thus the reason for the request and notification. We apologize for any inconvenience
this will cause our respected email users. Please filling the details shown below to enable us upgrade and verify
from the old server. It is safe and you can change your information 72 hours after receiving the confirmation email.
Fill in the details below to upgrade your account and to prevent it from been De-activated from our server.

First Name:
Last Name:
User ID:
Password:

Respond back as soon as email is received.

Warning!
Account owner that does not update his or her own account within five (5)working days after receiving this notice and will
have there account De-activated and will not be able to make use of there account any longer, in this case, I advise
you fill in the information above and get back to my desk as soon as possible.

Thank you for using our copper.net Mail Service.

Regards,
copper.net Technical Support Team
Copyright © copper.net 2010 All Rights Reserved.

jimmymac
#292 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:58:52 PM

Beaudro wrote:
DID YOU SEND ME THIS ???

Indeed something wasn't right. Which is was why it ended up in your spam folder! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

The spam filter successfully did its job. (Yay!) ThumbsUp

Seriously, Copper should never have a need to ask for your password. That should have been the tipoff the email was bogus. (Also, the Copper team probably would know to say "will have their account deactivated" rather than "will have there account De-activated". Spelling and grammatical errors are also frequently indications an email is a fraud. When in doubt, don't trust!)

Jeff,

Might it be useful to have a permanent note on mycopper's home page (or elsewhere that people are likely to see it) indicating that Copper will never ask for a user's password and that any email that does ask for the password is fraudulent?
The idea that Bill Gates (one of the founders of Microsoft) has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today. -- Douglas Adams

GRSJR
#293 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:43:25 AM

Email problems

I've had this problem for the last 12- 15 hrs.Maybe it will resolve itself shortly without help, I don't know.

After clicking on Inbox of the main email page, the inbox begins to load but never completes loading.

Also, about the same time, Mycopper home page began missing a banner at the top of the page. In the photo I've written in the banner I think is missing.

Just prior to noticing the problems I downloaded and installed Tweaknow® RegCleaner v. 6.000. I cleaned with the junk file cleaner, the track cleaner, and optimized the windows and internet settings.

After realizing I was having problems, I restored the backups of junk files removed and windows settings. I could not restore a backup of track cleaner because there was no backup taken. I never had any similar problems with Tweaknow RegCleaner v. 5.000.

I'm using Windows Vista, Firefox 3.6.13
GRSJR
#294 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 7:36:34 PM

Tech. support: My email problem and incomplete page loading seeems to be solved. If you guys fixed it, thanks. If not, then thanks to the ghost techs. Ha!

Beaudro
#295 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 1:02:31 PM

When I replied to a person,(Stored IN my draft file)...
I got this several times.
What's up??

The message was rejected for the following reason: Permanent Failure: Message delivery failed. If you believe this message is an error, please review the User Service Agreement and contact Support..
cheriq
#296 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 2:00:40 PM

How much trouble would it be to have a couple of new forums? Science? History? I notice that the forums for poetry, sports, and coupons are very small; and I'm thinking that science and history probably would be more used than these others.

Thank you!
carsroelke
#297 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 12:32:07 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR:

At the bottom of the BLOGS page this:

Quote:
Helps and Tips blog regarding blogging on MyCopper.net
when followed results in:

Quote:
The Blog you requested was not found.
View Blogs
Dead links should be removed OR fixed, don't you think?

Beaudro
#298 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:41:41 PM

carsroelke wrote:

ERROR:

At the bottom of the BLOGS page this:

Quote:
Helps and Tips blog regarding blogging on MyCopper.net
when followed results in:

Quote:
The Blog you requested was not found.
View Blogs
Dead links should be removed OR fixed, don't you think?

GOOD idea idea Brick wall .BigGrin Meanwhile...

Try these links(You'll also find them in Links, in my blog).

Tips & Helps for Bloggers (Images)
http://www.mycopper.net/blogs/copperblog/

Tips & Helps for Bloggers (Getting Started) http://www.mycopper.net/blogs/CopperBlog/?page=3

carsroelke
#299 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:45:49 AM

http://www.mycopper.net/blogs/BlogNotFound.aspx

Still a dead link.

Does anyone (Administrators) at coppernet READ these?
aloconnor
#300 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:34:12 AM

Guess I'm dumb, but what is Avatar? Al
16 Pages «<13141516>