Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

16 Pages «<1213141516>
Questions and Suggestions Options
dajcat
#261 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 8:58:55 PM

so far i am ok. I keep IE for posting and i am satisfied it is working. I use Icab for edit and delete (it will not let me post). On the newer macs there is a cross platform where we can use some Microsoft OS. You on the other hand can use Safari. my OS is getting old and the only way I can go is to bite the bullet and buy a new Imac. I am not computer savvy and I do not relish the idea of learning a new OS all over again. The mac radically changed with 10 and now with Jaguar I am light years behind. Right now this is working for me. The highest I can go with Firefox is 2+ and even then I don't know if it will help. So as long as I have overcome these glitches I'll stick with what I have. thank you all for your help. Have a good God Sunday. dajcat
dajcat
#262 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:07:31 PM

so far i am ok. I keep IE for posting and I am satisfied it is working. I use Icab for edit and delete (it will not let me post). On the newer macs there is a cross platform where we can use some Microsoft OS. You on the other hand can use Safari. my OS is getting old and the only way I can go is to bite the bullet and buy a new Imac. I am not computer savvy and I do not relish the idea of learning a new OS all over again. The mac radically changed with 10 and now with Jaguar I am light years behind. Right now this is working for me. The highest I can go with Firefox is 2+ and even then I don't know if it will help. So as long as I have overcome these glitches I'll stick with what I have. thank you all for your help. Have a good God Sunday. dajcat

Ok here is something I have just discovered. I am on IE right now. after I had posted (and it appeared) , I saw a mistake ,so out of curiosity I pushed the back button and low and behold it took me back to the (prepost stage) and I can edit. I take it it will also let me delete by highlighting everything and hitting the delete button on my keyboard. If it continues to work i will not need to use Icab to edit and delete.
dajcat
#263 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:12:23 PM

M, reinstall your IE5+ and see if it helps. Windows 98 should work ok. I am using IE5.5 for mac. dajcat
jimmymac
#264 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:15:39 PM

jshepler wrote:
I see the "Attach files ..." checkbox above the Preview/Post/Cancel buttons and below the "Watch this topic ..." checkbox. Is it not there for you?

Jeff, I don't think I have ever seen an "Attach file" button -- on several different versions of Mozilla, Firefox, and SeaMonkey, with Java Script enabled. Given that other people don't seem to be seeing it either, I am wondering if that functionality is only enabled for the administrator ...

When looking for the "Attach file" button just now, I noticed I wasn't seeing the "Watch this topic ..." button either, even though I knew I had seen that before. I finally figured out that that is displayed only when starting a new topic.

Hmmm ... Decided to do a little more poking around before posting. FWIW,the edit page for starting a new topic (but not the regular edit page) contains the following line between "watch this topic" and preview/post/cancel:

Code:

<br id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_forum_ctl01_TopicAttachBr"></br>
The idea that Bill Gates (one of the founders of Microsoft) has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today. -- Douglas Adams

cfirebird65
#265 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 1:10:10 PM

Quote by jshepler
I see the "Attach files ..." checkbox above the Preview/Post/Cancel buttons and below the "Watch this topic ..." checkbox. Is it not there for you?

Quote by jimmymac
Jeff, I don't think I have ever seen an "Attach file" button -- on several different versions of Mozilla, Firefox, and SeaMonkey, with Java Script enabled. Given that other people don't seem to be seeing it either, I am wondering if that functionality is only enabled for the administrator ...

When looking for the "Attach file" button just now, I noticed I wasn't seeing the "Watch this topic ..." button either, even though I knew I had seen that before. I finally figured out that that is displayed only when starting a new topic.

Hmmm ... Decided to do a little more poking around before posting. FWIW,the edit page for starting a new topic (but not the regular edit page) contains the following line between "watch this topic" and preview/post/cancel:

Code:
id="ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ContentPlaceHolder1_forum_ctl01_TopicAttachBr">

Jimmymac you are a real sweetie! Thank you so much for checking into this. I just logged on and was going to try and do what Jeff suggested. You saved me oodles of time and effort.

Jeff, thank you for your patience in getting back to me, despite how much you have to do with getting the glitches out of the New Copper. You guys have done a great job and given us many new features.

Please know that other Copper members also have the same concerns about the musical note from the smileys column suddenly appearing in their posts. MLawson suggested that when there is a space before the number 8, it eliminates the problem. While it was true in the example she gave on this thread, it did not happen in other instances - see Post #234 on this thread. For some reason, there appears to be a bug in the Smiley's column which embeds itself in our posts randomly.

So it appears there are three issues now related to my primary concern:

1. Smileys is doing a job on our posts (reported by cfirebird);
2. We do not have the Attach File button (reported by jimmymac);
3. We do not have the Watch This Topic button (jimmymac).

When you come up for air, please let us know the solution if you can.

Thank you

gfchase
#266 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 1:14:28 PM

Why do I get a musical note that replaces text when posting a scripture reference on the religion thread? It seems to be when I post a music or .8, (the musical note appeared here with a dash 8) There may be others but I have especially noticed these. I have had no luck in getting rid of them regardless of what I try. I know that others are also experiencing this problem.

Jerry
cfirebird65
#267 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 1:54:02 PM

Quote by gfchase

Why do I get a musical note that replaces text when posting a scripture reference on the religion thread? It seems to be when I post a music or .8, (the musical note appeared here with a dash 8) There may be others but I have especially noticed these. I have had no luck in getting rid of them regardless of what I try. I know that others are also experiencing this problem.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

This problem has been brought to Jeff's attention and hopefully, it will be addressed at some point. You might want to read up on some of these discussions in this thread on:

Posts #188, 196, 201 to 202, 208, 210, 229 to 232, 234, 255 and 263

mlawson
#268 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:38:05 PM

Jeff,

Notice that you haven't posted in about 3 days, Anxious when 3 hours is your norm. Eh?

Hope you are having a well-deserved vacation and it is not this awful swine flu bug that has got you down. Pray Sick
jshepler
#269 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:51:53 AM

MLawson wrote:

Jeff,

Notice that you haven't posted in about 3 days, Anxious when 3 hours is your norm. Eh?

Hope you are having a well-deserved vacation and it is not this awful swine flu bug that has got you down. Pray Sick

No, I got pulled off mycopper to work on some other things that have taken priority.
jshepler
#270 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:55:32 AM

cfirebird65 wrote:
Quote by gfchase

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

This problem has been brought to Jeff's attention and hopefully, it will be addressed at some point. You might want to read up on some of these discussions in this thread on:

Posts #188, 196, 201 to 202, 208, 210, 229 to 232, 234, 255 and 263

The quick fix will be to change the code used for that emoticon (smiley). I just haven't done it yet. A side effect will be all the places where that emoticon was intentially used will no longer show the image, but the (soon to be) old code.

Btw, you can see this "code" by quoting a post that has an emoticon. The people that make up these codes sometimes don't think of how what they're choosing may be used in normal communication.
mlawson
#271 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:02:29 PM

jshepler wrote:
MLawson wrote:

Jeff,

No, I got pulled off mycopper to work on some other things that have taken priority.

Soooo glad to see you're back. ThumpUp I was down for the count for nearly 4 days last week and I'm one of those OLD people ThumbDown who are supposed to be at low risk.

Take care of yourself, get some oj and get more sleep 'cause we really need you here!!! ThumbsUp Applause ThumbsUp
dajcat
#272 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:45:05 PM

I just got one of those crazy windows asking me to detail just what happened.. i t started a new topic (which no one would have a clue what i am posting) and didn't then direct me back to where I punched reply. Sorry CN but i find this new format far inferior to the old one. It will not allow me to post a new topic and is far slower to open pages than the old format. If i edit ( and i had to find my own way of doing that ) it posts both the old and the new edit. It is getting to be a real pain. Don't tell me I need to upgrade. Why would i spend $1200 or better just so I could be on this forum.? The old format was working fine. I don"t recall ever seeing any complaints about the old. It was fast and reletivly simple. dajcat
dajcat
#273 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:51:01 PM

I just got one of those crazy windows asking me to detail just what happened.. i t started a new topic (which no one would have a clue what i am posting) and didn't then direct me back to where I punched reply. Sorry CN but i find this new format far inferior to the old one. It will not allow me to post a new topic and is far slower to open pages than the old format. If i edit ( and i had to find my own way of doing that ) it posts both the old and the new edit. It is getting to be a real pain. Don't tell me I need to upgrade. Why would i spend $1200 or better just so I could be on this forum.? The old format was working fine. I don"t recall ever seeing any complaints about the old. It was fast and reletivly simple. dajcat

In all fairness to CN i do like this feature. You can post a reply a tthe bottom of any page. You do not have to FF to the last page to reply like you did on the old format and your reply shows up as a post on the last page. This is a repeat posting with this addition by pressing my back button on IE. It is the only way I can edit my post. dajcat
Beaudro
#274 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:23:03 PM

BatYou use IE5 in an IE8 world and wonder why you have GLITCHES.Think
Try updating your tools.Bat
jimmymac
#275 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:52:03 PM

Beaudro wrote:
BatYou use IE5 in an IE8 world and wonder why you have GLITCHES.Think
Try updating your tools.Bat

Then I guess I shouldn't mention my copy of IE 3.5 ... Scared BigGrin
The idea that Bill Gates (one of the founders of Microsoft) has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today. -- Douglas Adams

JUNTLIN
#276 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 12:18:30 PM

May I ask the new url for ther "time useD"page?

I sent an e-mail asking this but recieved no reply.

The old url, mycopper.net/timeused.asp, doesn't seem to work anymore.
Beaudro
#277 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 12:06:40 PM

Jeff,
Brick wall I'm still having the same problem with my PM box.(1 unread)
I don't use the back button,I use the nav. links already.
The control+F5 does reload but changes nothing.Think Think
I Thank You, for checking as you said you would.
Beaudro

P.S. When your message was in there ALONE it said I had (2 unread)
Also; I tried to log out to see what it would do, and could not log out eitherConfused Confused
lazyacres
#278 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:26:37 AM

Logout not working from email page. Have to return "Home" to logout.
jshepler
#279 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:39:45 PM

lazyacres wrote:
Logout not working from email page. Have to return "Home" to logout.

Reproduced. Thanks.
Beaudro
#280 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 9:30:07 AM

Jeff,
Better now,
I will check to see if I can log out later.
AGAIN,Thanks.
YOU ROCK.

Note: I still can't log off.
(Not a big deal, just reporting)
THANKS again,
Beaudro XP3.5/IE8
16 Pages «<1213141516>