Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

118 Pages 123>»
REASON TO OWN A GUN. and KNOW HOW TO USE IT. Options
alkarocky
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:29:09 PM

My Wife Is a Hero’: Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder Five Times After Being Cornered in Attic
Posted on January 5, 2013 at 4:27pm by Erica Ritz

A Georgia mother and her two young children are unharmed after a man broke into their house with a crowbar on Friday, cornering them in an attic crawlspace.

According to WSB-TV, the woman was at home with her nine-year-old twins when the doorbell rang. When they didn’t answer, the man reportedly went back to his car and returned with a crowbar.

(Photo via WSB-TV)

The mother said she could see the suspect– now identified as Paul Slater– trying to enter the house with the crowbar from her office window. Without hesitation, she grabbed her children, her phone, her gun, and ran upstairs.

One can only imagine the breathless moments after the man broke down the door and began searching the house.

WSB-TV continues:

Paul Slater (Photo: WSB-TV)

But the man eventually found the family.

“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” [Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman] told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

“She’s standing over him, and she realizes she’s fired all six rounds. And the guy’s telling her to quit shooting,” Chapman said.

The woman ran to a neighbor’s home with her children. The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said. [Emphasis added]

Slater– who was taken to the hospital with punctured lungs, a punctured liver, and a punctured stomach– has reportedly been arrested six times since 2008.

Donnie Herman weighs in on his wife’s actions. (Photo: WSB-TV)

WSB-TV continues:

“My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as a responsible, prepared gun owner,” [the woman's husband] Donnie Herman said.

He said he’s thankful for his family’s safety.

“Her life is saved, and her kids’ life is saved, and that’s all I’d like to say,” Herman said.

Commenters have overwhelmingly agreed with the husband thus far– one Savannah Morning News reader even posting a similar story illustrating the importance of the woman’s firearm.

In the other report, after an unarmed woman’s home was robbed, ​she​ was the one who ended up in the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.

Watch WSB-TV’s entire report, below:

http://www.theblaze.com/...es-after-being-cornered/
Sponsor  

rrivello
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:44:39 PM

and what say the anti gun nuts?

unfortunately the guy(the one she shot) will get a lawyer and sue her for trying to kill him etc etc etc.

you think that is a joke? already happened one time i know of. guy broke into a closed biz, owner was there confronted the guy, guy went after him owner shot him. guy got locked up etc and filed against owner and got ten grand for it. that was about 20 years ago. and you think lawyers have gotten nicer since?
alkarocky
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:59:25 PM

MAYBE I SHOULD CHANGE THREAD TITLE TOOOOOOOOOO

REASON TO GET A MUCH BIGGER GUN.Love
mjfrog2010
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 8:10:07 PM

WOULD SEEM THE THING TO DO IS SHOOT TO KILL. HE WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,,,SO DONT LET HIM LIVE TO SUE YOU, OR DO THE SAME TO SOMEONE ELSE!?!.I'D PROBABLY GET SUED!!
jluigs
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:39:15 AM

Message was deleted by User.
henriettafw
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:37:09 AM

A lot has happened in the past twenty years.
Perhaps the juries of today might have a different perspective on this sort of event.
As far as I am concerned, that mother should be awarded a medal for her heroism.
She and her children are alive and well today because she was able to protect herself and her family.
This is good news.
alkarocky
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:33:54 AM

Homeowner shoots naked intruder found choking dog, police say

View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.

By Donna Rapado and Brian Hamacher, NBCMiami.com

A naked intruder who was trying to choke a pet Rottweiler was shot by a homeowner in Miami Wednesday morning, police said.

The bizarre incident happened around 5 a.m. when the occupants of the home were awoken when they heard a commotion and dogs barking.

When the homeowner went to check out the noise, he confronted the suspect, who was completely naked and trying to choke one of the dogs, police said.

Read more at NBCMiami.com

"He comes out and spots a person who is not only fighting with this dog but is naked fighting with this dog," Miami Police spokesman Det. Willie Moreno said.

The homeowner opened fire twice, hitting the suspect in the leg once. The homeowner held the man until the police arrived.

The intruder was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital where his condition was unknown. Police said he tried to bite the homeowners and police and workers at the hospital, and may be under the influence of drugs.

Watch US News crime videos on NBCNews.com

"For right now it does appear to be a justified shooting," Moreno said. "This individual was acting irrational, fighting with the dog, and not only that, but at the point that the homeowner attempted to get this individual's attention, he immediately jumped onto the owner and started fighting with him."

Police said the suspect, who refused to give his identity, will be charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault, animal cruelty, resisting arrest with violence and lewd and lascivious behavior.

View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.
rrivello
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:13:10 PM

henriettafw
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:22:22 AM

WHEN THEY DECIDE TO BAN KNIVES, THAT COULD HAPPEN....BUT HOW ARE THEY GOING TO BAN HANDS AND FEET AS WEAPONS?????
OF COURSE THE CHEFS AND THE BUTCHERS ARE GOING TO BE VERY UPSET WHEN/IF THEY DO TRY TO BAN KNIVES.
IT IS GOING TO BE VERY DIFFICULT TO PREPARE MEAT WITHOUT A KNIFE OF SOME SORT.
AND EVEN SOME VEGETABLES ARE GOING TO PRESENT A CHALLENGE!
NOW CLUBS PROBABLY INCLUDE BASEBALL BATS....BAN THOSE AND THERE GOES BASEBALL!
BANNING HAMMERS WILL MADE A LOT OF THINGS MORE DIFFICULT TO DO.
I WONDER HOW THE HOUSES OF TOMORROW WILL BE BUILT WITHOUT HAMMERS....??????
WHAT ELSE WILL BE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO CREATE A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE HERE IN THE USA??????
rrivello
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:40:03 PM

I WONDER HOW THE HOUSES OF TOMORROW WILL BE BUILT WITHOUT HAMMERS....??????

easy. use nail GUNS. oooooops!
jonrid
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:14:02 PM

IN ENGLAND SWORDS ARE OUTLAWED.

NON RELATED BUT ABOUT AS WEIRD -- IN GERMANY YOU HAVE TO TAKE A WRITTEN TEST TO GET A FSIHING LICENSE.

OF COURSE IN THE USA, IF YOU WERE BORN BEFORE A CERTAIN YEAR, YOU HAVE TO TAKE & PASS A COURSE IN GUN SAFETY TO GET A HUNTING LICENSE.

HONORABLY DISCHARGED MILITARY VETERANS AND POLICE OFFICERS ARE EXEMPTED.
alkarocky
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:47:14 PM

AND NOREPLY from the lib's?

Oklahoma Woman Stops Robbers with Gun

by Mary Chastain13 Jan 2013, 7:57 AM PDT20post a comment

Pam Loman of Shawnee, Oklahoma scared off three men trying to break into her home.

She was cleaning her home on Friday when a man knocked on her front door, while two others stayed in the car. When she did not answer the man resorted to banging on the door. Mrs. Loman got scared and went for her gun.

"So my instinct was to go get a gun. I don't know why, I never in my life felt like I needed to go get a gun," said Mrs. Loman.

She had both hands on her .32-caliber pistol when the man knocked down her door.

“And just all of a sudden, with one kick, he knock the door completely in. The frame came flying down. Things came flying everywhere," she said. "And he saw that I had the gun, and he grabbed the door handle and pulled the door shut."

Mrs. Loman said if he did not run away and came into the house she would have shot him.

The gun saved her life. While politicians in Washington, DC want to strip Americans of their second amendment right, guns are the reason why many citizens are still alive.

http://www.breitbart.com...ops-Robbers-With-Her-Gun
CatsRus
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:01:54 PM

Don't know why any of you think you need a gun. You could easily bull crap an intruder to death!Flapper Flapper

All the guns in the world won't help you if God wants you home.
If you have God what use do you need with a gun?
NRSVP!RollEyes
rrivello
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:15:56 PM

cats don't you think that maybe God helps those who help themselves?

which would you rather do? tell some criminal God loves you so don't rape and kill me. or trust a .38 slug in his crotch to make him see the light?
alkarocky
#15 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:24:11 PM

Crime
Armed Good Samaritans Rescue Man After Gunpoint Robbery: They ‘Protected Me When I Couldn’t Protect Myself’

Jan. 14, 2013 7:34amJason Howerton

(KPRC)

A Houston man was robbed at gunpoint as he made his way to his car after leaving a bar on Thursday. But in addition to the man’s wallet and phone, the robber ended up with bullet wounds and bite marks from a German Shepherd, thanks to a pair of quick-thinking good Samaritans.

Police say the armed thug was canvassing a local neighborhood when he thought he had found an easy mark. The victim, Kevin Dorsey, told KHOU that he hadn’t even closed his car door before a man, dressed in all black and wearing a ski mask, put a gun to his chest and demanded his wallet, cell phone and car keys.

Dorsey took off on foot after being robbed, prompting two men in a Mercedes to ask him what had happened.

“As soon as they pass me, they see the guy has a gun to me,” Dorsey told KPRC. “They stopped right there. The guys in the gray Mercedes asked me, ‘Did you just get jacked?’ I said yes.”

The two unidentified vigilantes went after the suspect and reportedly exchanged fire with the criminal. The good guys eventually won the gun fight and wounded the thief.

Robbery victim wants to thank Good Samaritans who came to his rescue

A couple of strangers came to the rescue when a man was robbed at gunpoint. Now, the victim wants to say thank you to the Good Samaritans. view full article

In a twist of irony, the robber jumped a fence after being shot in an attempt to escape — only to find a German Shepherd waiting for him on the other side. The dog attacked him and prevented him from escaping before police arrived.

“I don’t own a gun. I’m totally at the mercy of my saviors. They obviously sent two angels to help me. These people protected me when I couldn’t protect myself.”

The robbery suspect, later identified by police as Christopher Hutchins, was being treated at Ben Taub Hospital for a gunshot to his abdomen. He is expected to recover.

It’s unclear whether the two men who came to Dorsey’s rescue were concealed carry permit holders, however, reports do not indicate that police took any action against the men. In Texas, gun owners can carry firearms in their car without a concealed carry permit so long as the weapon is not concealed and the owner is not involved in criminal activity, a criminal street gang or otherwise prohibited by law from carrying a weapon.

This story has been updated.

http://www.theblaze.com/...-couldnt-protect-myself/
rrivello
#16 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:39:57 PM

one guy commented that this did not 'save' the victim or stop the crime. best i can figure is the criminal won't be doing anything this stupid again(for a while anyway) and some others thinking of doing same may upon hearing this may NOT commit a crime. so-o-o-o does it deter criminals?? i would think so. no absolute guarantee but crime rates seem to be dropping.
alkarocky
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:21:15 PM

Miami-Dade Police are investigating after a home invasion ended in one of the suspects being shot and killed late Monday night.

The incident happened around 11 p.m. at a gated community in the 800 block of Northeast 209th Terrace, Miami-Dade Police spokesman Det. Alvaro Zabaleta said.

Fort Lauderdale Man Arrested in New Year's Day Murder

Zabaleta said police received a 911 call of a home invasion in progress involving two suspects.

Shots were fired and one of the suspects, identified only as a 22-year-old black male, was killed at the scene.

The second suspect fled in an unknown direction and it's unknown whether he is also injured, Zabaleta said.

Miami Leaders Call on D.C. to Change Gun Laws

The homeowner, identified as a 19-year-old black male, wasn't injured. Police didn't say who opened fire and no other information was immediately available.

Nearby residents said they heard several gunshots coming from the apartment.

"My wife heard five or six shots," neighbor Jerome Irving said.

Police are still investigating the incident.

More Local News

http://www.nbcmiami.com/...-Invasion-186915251.html
rrivello
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:15:52 PM

thank gawd it was a young black guy that shot another! otherwise it's be Zimmerman all over again.

oh wait? where is the black outrage over a black killing another black???
alkarocky
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:04:47 PM

DA: Man Who Shot Teens Was Third Robbery Victim

Teens Accused Of Attacking Two Others Before Robbery Attempt

UPDATED 9:07 AM EST Jan 27, 2012

BERKS COUNTY, Pa. —A 65-year-old man who was attacked by three boys in Berks County on Wednesday and fought back by shooting two of them was the third victim of their robbery attempts, police said.

The man was riding his bicycle about 11 a.m. on the Thun Trail near the Bertolet Fishing Dock in West Reading when the boys knocked him off his bicycle and pinned him against a fence in an apparent robbery attempt, police said.

Two of the boys were assaulting the man when he pulled a handgun and shot them, police said.

Berks County District Attorney John Adams said Thursday that the teens are accused of robbing two other men prior to the robbery attempt on the 65-year-old man.

Julias Johnson, a 16-year-old on probation, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other boy, a 15-year-old whose name was not released, was taken to Reading Hospital with a single gunshot wound to his neck and is expected to survive.

Police said they took the third teen, Michael Gonzalez, 16, and the victim to the Cumru Township police station for questioning. They consulted Adams, released the victim and sent Gonzalez to the Youth Detention Center.

Adams said he does not condone violence but said the man had no choice but to defend himself against the teens.

Adams said the victim did not provoke the attack, could not get away and feared for his life. He added that he will not be pressing charges against the man who shot the teens.

The teens are accused of robbing two other men earlier that day.

Page 1 of 2

Next Page

Read more: http://www.wgal.com/DA-M...index.html#ixzz2I6GGmkis
rrivello
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:50:33 PM

well a bit more practice and he coulda got all three.
118 Pages 123>»