MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

16 Pages «<1011121314>»
Questions and Suggestions Options
gojohnson
#221 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:18:28 AM

GRSJR wrote:
Suggestion: Put copper announcements below the news feeds.ThumpUp

If you check the box under each announcement indicating you have read it, the individual announcements go away and the announcement section uses very little space. During these early days of the new MyCopper it may be very important for the announcements to be highly visible.
GRSJR
#222 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:31:49 AM

I did uncheck those I read. Okay thanks.
dajcat
#223 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 3:15:18 PM

now today it wont let me use the "post reply " button and it is iffy when i punch the "quick reply" button I have to admit i liked the old platform better. Suggestion: why not put a "log in" button at the bottom of each page. Sometimes we forget (even tho i have checked the box "remember me on this computer" ) it only works for this one session. This way we would not have to go back to MY COPPER and login. I believe itwas that way on the old platform. maybe itwould have been better to upgrade the old system instead of dumping it for this new one. I guess when everything is working well it is a good system. It will take time to get acquainted to it I notice if i can't post by using the Post reply button i get no smileys . Now yesterday I was able to use the button but not today . dajcat

PS I clicked on edit to correct my grammer and spacing and lo and behold the smileys appeared but they dont appear when I punch a button for preview.
dajcat
#224 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 3:37:10 PM

no it won't allow me to use "post reply" only the quick reply button and no smileys. I sure wish I could get a disc of Firefox 2+ for a Mac. I would like to try it. dajcat
paulsasylum
#225 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 3:40:33 PM

Now I have TWO reasons to dislike the phrase, "It's time for change!"
jimmymac
#226 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 4:12:05 PM

dajcat wrote:
i still have some problems with Icab, I have already received java script errors.

Glad you've made some progress. I am not familiar with Mac or Icab, so this suggestion may be way out in left field ... Unsure You might want to see if there is a newer version of Icab available that will run on your system. If so, maybe it would throw fewer errors.

EDIT: I posted before I noticed posts 221 and 222 ...

Something which might mitigate your login pain a little: if the server considers you not logged in, then there should be a login link at the top right of the page, so you don't have to go back to the homepage to login again.
The idea that Bill Gates (one of the founders of Microsoft) has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today. -- Douglas Adams

dajcat
#227 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 9:17:56 PM

only my quick reply works. No i cannot go any higher than Firefox 2+ Anyway there is an old saying '"what you didn't have you didn't lose". I never had smiley's so Why would i miss them.? thanks anyway for your help. dajcat
fiddle
#228 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:24:15 AM

Hey, this thing does not work at all ,it won,t even pull up all of the page, I don,t like it at all , also no net, it says errors on page??????????? I think I will be going elsewhere!
Mwalacavage
#229 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:42:22 AM

No news on the home page. A blank support page. My email still works. I can search. The forum is accessible. I am not much worse off. I can live with it.

"There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?"

“Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside.”

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”

William Seward Burroughs
saladan
#230 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:27:45 PM

On my coppernet home page, I feel that the owner's 5 year old convinced her dad to let her play with it.
cfirebird65
#231 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:57:36 PM

Quote from jshepler #202, in response to mine:
Probably the easiest way would be to make sure the window you want a SS of is the active window, hold down the alt key and press the print screen key (PrtScn, usually found in the upper-right section of the keyboard).....Then start up the built-in paint (click start, click run, type mspaint, click ok). Then open the edit menu and select paste. Then open the file menu and select save. Save the file somewhere on your computer (remember where). I think you can only save as a bitmap (.bmp) file. If you have the option to save as a jpeg (.jpg or .jpeg) or a gif (.gif), then do so - it'll make a smaller file than a bitmap.

Jeff, thank you for your advice. I already took a SS of the active window and saved it on my computer as you suggested.

Start a new post (because the image file will be very large, don't want to hold up this topic), check the box near the post button "Attach files to this post?", then click post.
The only boxes near the Post button are Preview (on the left) and Cancel (on the right). Where else can I find this other button: "Attach files to this post"?

Also, it is not clear to me whether I should start a new post on this thread, or on the original one which has the problem.

mlawson
#232 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:47:37 PM

jshepler wrote:
cyrus55 wrote:
jshepler wrote:
[quote=cfirebird65]
That's a new one. We didn't design anything like that. Are you able to take a screenshot and post it?

Jeff:

Please explain how to do a screen shot.

Probably the easiest way would be to make sure the window you want a SS of is the active window, hold down the alt key and press the print screen key (PrtScn, usually found in the upper-right section of the keyboard). There will be nothing to indicate success.

Then start up the built-in paint (click start, click run, type mspaint, click ok). Then open the edit menu and select paste. Then open the file menu and select save. Save the file somewhere on your computer (remember where). I think you can only save as a bitmap (.bmp) file. If you have the option to save as a jpeg (.jpg or .jpeg) or a gif (.gif), then do so - it'll make a smaller file than a bitmap.

Start a new post (because the image file will be very large, don't want to hold up this topic), check the box near the post button "Attach files to this post?", then click post. On the next screen, click the browse button, navigate to where you saved the image to, select the file, click open. Then click the upload button. This will probably take you a bit of time since the is rather large and you're on dialup. When done, click the back button (I don't know why they call it back, you're not going back to the post, this actually finishes the post).

That should be it. I'll be able to take that image and optimize it for the web (compress it) and I'll replace it in your post.

Jeff,

Not sure if this music note mystery was solved, but you can see it in

Religion > Catholic Truths > p 52 > post 1030.

I'm wondering if she could have made some accidental keystroke to access a music CD or an mp3 file in her computer, and it showed up like this???

cfirebird65
#233 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:22:55 AM

MLawson wrote:
jshepler wrote:
cyrus55 wrote:
jshepler wrote:
[quote=cfirebird65]
That's a new one. We didn't design anything like that. Are you able to take a screenshot and post it?
Jeff:

Please explain how to do a screen shot.

Probably the easiest way would be to make sure the window you want a SS of is the active window, hold down the alt key and press the print screen key (PrtScn, usually found in the upper-right section of the keyboard). There will be nothing to indicate success.

Then start up the built-in paint (click start, click run, type mspaint, click ok). Then open the edit menu and select paste. Then open the file menu and select save. Save the file somewhere on your computer (remember where). I think you can only save as a bitmap (.bmp) file. If you have the option to save as a jpeg (.jpg or .jpeg) or a gif (.gif), then do so - it'll make a smaller file than a bitmap.

Start a new post (because the image file will be very large, don't want to hold up this topic), check the box near the post button "Attach files to this post?", then click post. On the next screen, click the browse button, navigate to where you saved the image to, select the file, click open. Then click the upload button. This will probably take you a bit of time since the is rather large and you're on dialup. When done, click the back button (I don't know why they call it back, you're not going back to the post, this actually finishes the post).

That should be it. I'll be able to take that image and optimize it for the web (compress it) and I'll replace it in your post.

Jeff,

Not sure if this music note mystery was solved, but you can see it in

Religion > Catholic Truths > p 52 > post 1030.

I'm wondering if she could have made some accidental keystroke to access a music CD or an mp3 file in her computer, and it showed up like this???

Nope, sorry MLawson, not guilty. I notice that Jerry is also getting that same bug on p. 8, Post #144 in Sermonette Thread. I have more of them in other posts of mine on Catholic Truths which I mentioned to Jeff in an earlier post.

The funny thing is that when I copied and pasted the entire post to an MS Word doc, I noticed little powerpoint boxes (in place where the symbols had been). I deleted them and then copied the entire doc. back into a new post on the Forum. The silly little buggers were still there. They seem to come from the Smiley box since that musical note symbol is on the list. Brick wall Brick wall

mlawson
#234 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:39:21 AM

Ah. ha! The smiley!

I think anytime you type a '- 8' without the space, you'll get that note from the smiley list!

Like music.

See you were trying to type 2:6- 8 without the space. Anytime you type a dash followed by the number eight, with no space: ta da! a music note from the smiley list!

cfirebird65 wrote:

... Isa. 2:6music
Sorry Jerry, this does not prove a Total Apostasy since it does not take...

To be cont/-

You meant to indicate Isa. 2:6- 8.

If you were using highlight - copy - paste for the Bible quote, that is probably where the box came from. Some times when you copy, you'll get a buried signal or command or whatever, with a little box at the beginning and at the end. I'm sure the box had nothing to do with it!!!
jefcop
#235 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:01:27 PM

I wish you would fix your message web server. I get tired of all the error messages that I need to log in again and again!
cfirebird65
#236 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:24:05 PM

MLawson wrote:
Ah. ha! The smiley!

I think anytime you type a '- 8' without the space, you'll get that note from the smiley list!

Like music.

See you were trying to type 2:6- 8 without the space. Anytime you type a dash followed by the number eight, with no space: ta da! a music note from the smiley list!

cfirebird65 wrote:

... Isa. 2:6music
Sorry Jerry, this does not prove a Total Apostasy since it does not take...

To be cont/-

You meant to indicate Isa. 2:6- 8.

If you were using highlight - copy - paste for the Bible quote, that is probably where the box came from. Some times when you copy, you'll get a buried signal or command or whatever, with a little box at the beginning and at the end. I'm sure the box had nothing to do with it!!!

MLawson, thou art a CN genius! Thank you for addressing that particular post #1031! But what about other ones, e.g. Post #1045 where there were 3 recipes, mentioning 6- 8 servings? I typed a dash followed by the number eight, with no space between for each of them. The music symbol popped up on only ONE OF THEM. What gives?

cfirebird65
#237 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:30:59 PM

Jeff, today the strangest thing happened after I logged in at 11:30 a.m. EST and started reading a post to me on Catholic Truths, p. 54.

Then I posted a News Item immediately after the one I read.

When I checked back at 3:30 p.m., both posts had disappeared - mine and the post before that. In other words, at 3:30 p.m., there was no p. 54.

Has that happened to anyone else before?

fishnet
#238 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:49:16 PM

Cfire it caught a bunch of us...I guess they are still workin' those glitches
cfirebird65
#239 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:01:03 PM

Quote by fishnet

Cfire it caught a bunch of us...I guess they are still workin' those glitches

Fishnet, thanx for splainin.' I was worried that someone hacked into my account and pressed delete!Unsure
dajcat
#240 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:17:43 PM

I wish i could combine some of IE with Icab for mac. I tried to post with Icab and it would not let me. I punched the reload button 6 times and nothing happened , it went to quick reply but would do nothing so I switched back to IE and bang the first time I am able to post.. When i first started with computers the IS provider sent me a disc that I installed to make my computer compatible with their set up. Why doesn't CN do the same.? Design one for mac and one for PC's. It seems the only way i can stay with CN is to keep both Icab and IE open on my desktop and switch back and forth when one won't work. I am still tryingto get Firefox 2+. i don't even know if thatwill work but i will keep trying. I was happy with CN until they switched their format. When i first came to them they told me their platform was set up to work with Firefox but they could not help me with a disc or download. Why can't programmers keep things simple. It's thesame with Cellphones. All i want to do is make and receive calls but no they have to put games and calculators and cameras and whatnot. Who needs all that stuff.? Henry Ford had the right idea but even that has changed KEEP IT SIMPLE. SCUSE ME PEOPLEFOR 'ITCHIN BUT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I just got bumped thats 4 times in less than an hour. Maybe just maybe I can log back on and post this. dajcat Hooray i dood it.
16 Pages «<1011121314>»