Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

16 Pages «<1112131415>»
Questions and Suggestions Options
dajcat
#241 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:30:56 AM

say this is working great, on my 21 " screen I divide it in half with two windows. one Icab and one IE. I use IE for browsing and posting and Icab for edit, ignore and delete. What one won't the other will. The next step is to use two monitors and put one window on each. Where there is a will there is a way. I won't even bother looking for Firefox any more. maybe it's just me but having them both on at the same time I think one is jealous of the other and they both are trying to outdo each other. Have a good God day. dajcat
hartman79
#242 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:57:46 AM

Using FF3, this is the message I have gotten all day long today.
(Copper comes up fine using IE.)

When I go through FF...... this is all that shows up on the screen.

This site is currently down for maintenance
Please check back in one hour.

Why can't I get copper homepage on FF ?
jimmymac
#243 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:25:20 PM

hartman79 wrote:

Is it possible you made a small typo when you entered the address in FF?

(I noticed there is a mycopper.com site that reports itself to be under construction.)
The idea that Bill Gates (one of the founders of Microsoft) has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today. -- Douglas Adams

viclark
#244 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:52:45 PM

i think the new copper is a bad deal. i can't get anything to work right. and i need to go to a seperate page to check my email. this is far too complicated for an elderly person like me to navigate just for email. my yearly payment is coming up, and i will look for another server to use. thanks copper you finally got to me.
dajcat
#245 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:13:09 PM

now today it has allowed me to quick reply. yesterday it would not . Viclark, this is what happens when they fix something that works. It's new and improved. may i suggest using another browser. I find I have to switch back and forth between IE and Icab to get it to work. dajcat

Ps I got that down for maintenance box today also Jimmymac Confused Confused At least today my smileys are working. A little bit each day makes the confusion go away.
hartman79
#246 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:14:56 PM

jimmymac wrote:
hartman79 wrote:

(I noticed there is a mycopper.com site that reports itself to be under construction.)

jimmymac, I didn't type anything. Copper.net is my homepage so it is supposed to come up automatically.

I GIVE UP.... have heard nothing from Jeff........
Beaudro
#247 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:19:23 PM

jimmymac wrote:
hartman79 wrote:

Blink OR coppernet.com,
They are a copper-trading Co. They've been having trouble with them and they are mixed up with copper.net in the GOOGLE rating.(i.e.,Google; coppernet.com)Blink
maya429
#248 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:34:05 PM

"This site is currently down for maintenance
Please check back in one hour."

When I got this I hit Refresh and Copper came up.
dajcat
#249 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:37:15 PM

will sombody show me how to use that so and so wrote and so and so wrote and then i wrote? dajcat I only get the smileys when i edit.
Beaudro
#250 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:55:11 PM

dajcat wrote:
will sombody show me how to use that so and so wrote and so and so wrote and then i wrote? dajcat I only get the smileys when i edit.

Blink I hit the Quote button, on the top right corner of your post and then typed in the box, after the quote.Blink
Is that what your talking about??
lazyacres
#251 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 10:20:49 AM

maya429 wrote:
"This site is currently down for maintenance
Please check back in one hour."

When I got this I hit Refresh and Copper came up.

Yes, it's a cache issue, either hit refresh or clear your browser cache.
dajcat
#252 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 5:56:49 PM

I delete my history and cookies every other day. They can clog up your computer. dajcat
dajcat
#253 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:56:37 AM

Last night I had just about given up and had decided to seek another ISP. Neither of my browsers would allow me to post , one wouldn't even let me log in to the forum. I experimented today and found away around the new CN setup so I will stay with CN as long as it works. I like CN and want to stay with them but their new format is overloaded I think Why do we need a special place to blog? Isn't the forum itself one big blog? Hopefully they will get all thebugs zapped before too long.
Now to post this I have to use IE as my browser. (Icab will not allow me to post.) To edit and delete I must use Icab (IE will not allow me to edit). There is an overlay of words on the home page using IE so I cannot go to the forum by clicking on "Forum." so I have to enter my secret room to go to the forum. Lots od fun and frustration all rolled up into two browsers. dajcat
yobburind
#254 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:06:53 PM

dajcat wrote:
Last night I had just about given up and had decided to seek another ISP. Neither of my browsers would allow me to post , one wouldn't even let me log in to the forum. I experimented today and found away around the new CN setup so I will stay with CN as long as it works. I like CN and want to stay with them but their new format is overloaded I think Why do we need a special place to blog? Isn't the forum itself one big blog? Hopefully they will get all thebugs zapped before too long.
Now to post this I have to use IE as my browser. (Icab will not allow me to post.) To edit and delete I must use Icab (IE will not allow me to edit). There is an overlay of words on the home page using IE so I cannot go to the forum by clicking on "Forum." so I have to enter my secret room to go to the forum. Lots od fun and frustration all rolled up into two browsers. dajcat

DJ i use Fire Fox 3.5.3.. I don't have the problems other posters report..
tsundell
#255 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:28:24 PM

dajcat wrote:

Daj I use Firefox on my tower and haven't had any problems with it. On my notebook I use Safari or Google Chrome and neither of them have given me any problems. Sorry I don't use MAC but Safari is an Apple platform.
dmccollom
#256 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:07:41 PM

Not to change the subject, but I suddenly started having trouble reading the smallest font used in the old forum: it was nothing but a line of blur.

Then, when Copper changed to the new software, the home page was all but unreadable since there is a lot of small font on that page.

I tried everything I could think of to get a solution. I even thought of changing from Copper to a new ISP. Then I noticed that many other web pages had unreadable small font. YIKES.... Something had changed in my computer; maybe the monitor or video card had gone south on me.

I did the obvious: I checked the settings of the video card, calibrated the monitor and started looking at prices and specs of new monitors. I was puzzled because after calibrating the Trinitron monitor I could see the horizontal black lines clearly; wires separating the vertical wires used instead of a screen with holes giving the Trinitron bright images. The monitor electron beams were converging properly (good color and sharp resolution), yet small font was smeared and unreadable.

I tried re-setting the resolution of the video card and monitor and that didn't help either.

So, last night I tried poking around my IE6 software. There under View->Text Size was my solution! The text size was set to "smallest!" I set it to "smaller" and the unreadable text became small but sharp and very readable! There doesn't seem to be any change in the viewing area: just an increase in the smallest text size and no noticible increase in larger text.

Then I remembered, I had downloaded an upgrade to IE6 before the problem was noticed...

Hope this helps others...ThumbsUp

Don

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
jshepler
#257 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:31:42 PM

Sorry I haven't been around lately.

dajcat wrote:
So Jeff, Am I left using the cn forum without my edit , delete or ignore buttons ? So far it seems like I am the one being ignored. Does it have somethng to do with my using a mac or my OS system is too old with this new format? i didn't have this problem with the old. I would like to get an answer from CN so i can make a decision. I am the first to admit i am not a good typist and make many mistakes that i would like to correct Some posters I would like to ignore and some of my threads on second thought I would like to delete. dajcat

It seems that way. As a programmer, I know that we're not set up to develop/test/debug for older environments. I can't duplicate your environment to figure out what it doesn't like about the new site. I'm fairly certain the bigwigs won't approve the cost (hardware, software, salaries) to do so. Not for a very small percentage of users of a website we don't even charge for. I know that doesn't help, sorry.

GRSJR wrote:
Suggestion: Put copper announcements below the news feeds.ThumpUp

These kinds of customizations will be coming down the road some time. We first wanted to allow users to change the news they see on the front page (some people have pretty strong opinions on sources of news) along with some other minor content customizations. Eventually, we'll have placement customizations. Some day...

Mwalacavage wrote:
No news on the home page. A blank support page. My email still works. I can search. The forum is accessible. I am not much worse off. I can live with it.

No news tells me you may have javascript turned off. Check that and enable it for mycopper if you can.

A blank support page is a new one. I can't think of any reason it'd be blank. Try clearing cache/cookies and see if that has an effect.

cfirebird65 wrote:
The only boxes near the Post button are Preview (on the left) and Cancel (on the right). Where else can I find this other button: "Attach files to this post"?

Also, it is not clear to me whether I should start a new post on this thread, or on the original one which has the problem.

I see the "Attach files ..." checkbox above the Preview/Post/Cancel buttons and below the "Watch this topic ..." checkbox. Is it not there for you?

I meant to start a new topic. The filesize of the image will be rather large and will take a while for dialup users to download it. I just thought to not tie up an existing topic with a large file like that. Not really a big deal I guess. Put it where you want. happy

** just saw that you and ML figured it out, so no screenshot needed **

cfirebird65 wrote:
Jeff, today the strangest thing happened after I logged in at 11:30 a.m. EST and started reading a post to me on Catholic Truths, p. 54.

Then I posted a News Item immediately after the one I read.

When I checked back at 3:30 p.m., both posts had disappeared - mine and the post before that. In other words, at 3:30 p.m., there was no p. 54.

Has that happened to anyone else before?

fishnet wrote:
Cfire it caught a bunch of us...I guess they are still workin' those glitches

This shouldn't happen. I thought somebody else mentioned a disappearing post a while back, but I can't find it. If you notice a post disappearing again, please PM me about it.

hartman79 wrote:
Using FF3, this is the message I have gotten all day long today.
(Copper comes up fine using IE.)

Why can't I get copper homepage on FF ?

That sounds like your browser is showing its cached copy. Try holding down the control key while pressing F5. F5 refreshes the page, holding donw the control key while doing it instructs the browser to ignore its cache.
Mwalacavage
#258 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:10:38 PM

I misspoke regarding a blank support page. I meant my profile page was blank except for MY COPPER and headings. I have no news or forum postings on my home page. I have tested javascript and it is enabled.

"There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?"

“Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside.”

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”

William Seward Burroughs
jshepler
#259 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:20:34 PM

Mwalacavage wrote:
I misspoke regarding a blank support page. I meant my profile page was blank except for MY COPPER and headings. I have no news or forum postings on my home page. I have tested javascript and it is enabled.

The news and the profile page rely on javascript to work. If it's being blocked, you would see exactly what you're seeing. Maybe you're using firefox with the noscript plugin? Or some other plugin that blocks javascript?
Mwalacavage
#260 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 8:15:09 PM

jshepler wrote:
Mwalacavage wrote:

The news and the profile page rely on javascript to work. If it's being blocked, you would see exactly what you're seeing. Maybe you're using firefox with the noscript plugin? Or some other plugin that blocks javascript?

No, I have IE 6.0. That may be the problem. I must also wonder whether my Windows 98 is at all adequate. Everything displayed before the change.

"There are 2 bases for any ethical system. (1) Aristocratic code (2) Religion. Liberals reject both which leaves them with exactly nothing… A man without code or religion has no other reason other than mere preference to consider any interests other than his own. Why should “he think in time” beyond his own life [or] hesitate to expoit anyone?"

“Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside.”

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”

William Seward Burroughs
16 Pages «<1112131415>»