jshepler
#81 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:42:15 PM

beaudro wrote:
Why ??

Why what?
jshepler
#82 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:44:10 PM

lpast wrote:
'k', so here's a question for you: Is there any way to add (or activate, as the case may be) bullet formatting in the Forum? It exists on the "old" mycopper.net Forum, but does not appear to be an option here. I don't use it often, but when needed, it is a convenient tool to have at one's disposal.

Nope. The editor this forum software uses is pretty basic. The forum software does support using a different editor so maybe we'll look into a better one.
jshepler
#83 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:46:01 PM

beaudro wrote:
beaudro wrote:
The horoscope is still a day behind.

I assume since you didn't post anything except quoting yourself that you're just re-stating it. It hasn't been addressed yet. Patience grasshopper.
Beaudro
#84 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:00:51 PM

There are 7 guest and 2 members hrere now and it says 7.
#85 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 10:40:02 AM

Will we be having the "google" net and copper search that is now present on the old copper forum on the actual post pages?
I hope so, I really use that option and when I was over at turbousa it was greatly missed.
jshepler
#86 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 7:07:26 PM

Guest wrote:
Will we be having the "google" net and copper search that is now present on the old copper forum on the actual post pages?
I hope so, I really use that option and when I was over at turbousa it was greatly missed.

I'm not aware of any plans to do so, but ya never know...

Alternatively, Internet Explorer and Firefox both have a built-in search box in the top-right of the browser window that's available no matter what web page you're looking at. You can configure them to use whatever search engine you wish.

I don't know about other browsers, but I would think they would.
#87 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 7:17:19 PM

Two blog items:

1. I can't see who actually owns a particular blog. I can guess who is posting "weezie's humble abode" but it appears that I could initiate "Shep's Humble Abode" as easily as I could start a blog with my actual user name.

2. I can't tell if a particular blog has new comments. All I can see is which blogs have the most comments.
jshepler
#88 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2009 11:04:21 PM

Guest wrote:
Two blog items:

1. I can't see who actually owns a particular blog. I can guess who is posting "weezie's humble abode" but it appears that I could initiate "Shep's Humble Abode" as easily as I could start a blog with my actual user name.

2. I can't tell if a particular blog has new comments. All I can see is which blogs have the most comments.

You are correct. I had wanted to add some kind of "about the author" section (that's what the "About Me" in the portal profile is for), but it got forgotton. I'll add it to my list.

We've been tossing some ideas around regarding the blog comments. One thing that's missing that I've seen other blogs have is a way to subscribe to a particular post's comments. That will allow people to get notified of new comments on the blog posts they're interested in. We could also add various RSS feeds for blog comments.

I'm not sure having a section that shows all recent comments from all blogs is practical. Assuming more and more people will start blogging on mycopper, that list will become pretty long. We do have a couple sections to show recent posts and popular (based on # of recent comments) posts that we're thinking will do well to show the active blogs.
Beaudro
#89 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:37:28 PM

When using Fluid, The text doesn't fit properly on the Blog/home pageBlink Eh?
imweezie
#90 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:47:46 AM

My time is still off by an hour. We don't have DLST but that should be considered in your AZ time choice??
vesper
#91 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 10:12:24 AM

The wizard was very helpful in setting up my blog. The selection of avatars is fantastic and the ability to use your own even better. The ability to upload pictures directly from your computer rather than having to use photobucket rocks.

Thanks to a copper-bud I was able to find my private messages and how to approve comments.

There was a problem on my blog last night. I posted a reply it picked up another user's avatar and not my own and then that same user's avatar could not view their own avatar
when they posted a reply. It could be the result of me messing around with settings and clicking on different buttons to see
what they would do.RollEyes And then one moment the comments would be there and then they dissappeared
"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
jshepler
#92 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 10:23:34 AM

vesper wrote:
There was a problem on my blog last night. I posted a reply it picked up another user's avatar and not my own and then that same user's avatar could not view their own avatar
when they posted a reply.

I'm looking at the comments to your blog post and I don't notice anything wrong. Can you point out which commentasleep/moon have the incorrect avatar?

vesper wrote:
And then one moment the comments would be there and then they dissappeared

The only thing I can think of for this is that comments only show up when you have selected a specific blog post. When you go to your blog's home page, it will list many blog posts - none of them will show the comments until you select a specific one to view.

If this is not what you're experiencing, could you post here with the url that doesn't show the comments when they should?

vesper
#93 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 11:30:55 AM

Jeff this morning when I go to "My blog" using the link above I do not see any comments posted. When I use the "blogs" link and click on my blog I see the comments.
But on that page in the box where it displays the number of new comments I have characters that are writing over others. Under some black lettering as if someone typed over top something else.

When I responded to some comments, instead of my avatar being next to my post, Gemini's was present. Then later on Gemini posted that she could not see her avatar.

Is this making any sense? I hope so.
"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
jshepler
#94 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 11:41:25 AM

vesper wrote:
Jeff this morning when I go to "My blog" using the link above I do not see any comments posted. When I use the "blogs" link and click on my blog I see the comments.

The "My Blog" link takes you to the home page of your blog (beta.mycopper.net/blogs/vesper/) and shows all posts.

On the Blogs page, you are probably clicking on your blog post, the "Welcome !" link (beta.mycopper.net/blogs/vesper/2009/09/30/Welcome-!/), and viewing just that specific blog post.

Comments only show up when viewing a specific blog post (the 2nd one above).

vesper wrote:
But on that page in the box where it displays the number of new comments I have characters that are writing over others. Under some black lettering as if someone typed over top something else.

I can't see what you're referring to. Are you able to post a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing?

vesper wrote:
When I responded to some comments, instead of my avatar being next to my post, Gemini's was present. Then later on Gemini posted that she could not see her avatar.

Are you talking about this?

If so, this is the default image for email addresses that don't have a gravatar. To read more about gravatars (and get one if you want) visit www.gravatar.com.
vesper
#95 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 12:45:38 PM

Thank you Jeff.

I can not post a pic to show you what I see unless you give me instructionsEh? .

I will try to describe to you what I see with as much detail as possible.

In the Blog Buzz Box the line "8 recent comments (8 total)" below the description of my blog the word "total and the )" run over top your blog entry over the words "This thing on?

Then below the description of your blog the line reads "7 recent comments (21" is on the line but the "total)" is over top the next blog entry over the word "publishing".

And I don't know if this is important but I can highlight all the characters inside the Blog Buzz and the words over top of one another are in their proper places and there are no characters on top of one another.
jshepler
#96 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 3:37:35 PM

vesper wrote:
In the Blog Buzz Box the line "8 recent comments (8 total)" below the description of my blog the word "total and the )" run over top your blog entry over the words "This thing on?

Then below the description of your blog the line reads "7 recent comments (21" is on the line but the "total)" is over top the next blog entry over the word "publishing".

Ah ok. I must run at a higher screen resolution than you because those # recent comments (# total) lines are all on one line. When I resized the window smaller to force those lines to break into 2 lines I see what you're talking about.

Thanks for pointing it out. happy
Beaudro
#97 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:57:27 PM

Copper,
On the home page
at old copper,
in the weather box,
there is a check for further weather information or some-such ,that is Not on new copper.
Is it coming over to new copper or sould I mark it myself? Blink Blink
jshepler
#98 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:07:25 PM

Beaudro wrote:
Copper,
On the home page
at old copper,
in the weather box,
there is a check for further weather information or some-such ,that is Not on new copper.
Is it coming over to new copper or sould I mark it myself? Blink Blink

The whole thing is an image - click it.
lpast
#99 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:42:04 PM

Jeff:

On the "old" side, on the General Forum thread announcing the roll-out, I posed the question:

Suppose that a Copper customer has a bookmark for the page: http://www.mycopper.net/forum/

Would I be wrong in thinking that once the switch is made, that bookmark, which currently takes you to the main Forum page for the current or "old" Forum, will take you to the new Forum?

If so, that makes things even easier for those who might be a little skittish...

If I am correct in my assumption, I think it would be good for us to know. I think many of us have buddies we can explain that to.
Don't Tread On Me!

The price of freedom is constant vigilance.

Live Free Or Die.

jshepler
#100 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 8:25:09 AM

lpast wrote:
Jeff:

On the "old" side, on the General Forum thread announcing the roll-out, I posed the question:

Suppose that a Copper customer has a bookmark for the page: http://www.mycopper.net/forum/

Would I be wrong in thinking that once the switch is made, that bookmark, which currently takes you to the main Forum page for the current or "old" Forum, will take you to the new Forum?

If so, that makes things even easier for those who might be a little skittish...

If I am correct in my assumption, I think it would be good for us to know. I think many of us have buddies we can explain that to.

No, you would not be wrong in thinking that.

Yes, your assumption is correct - the forum url will remain the same.
16 Pages «<34567>»