Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

9 Pages «<34567>»
Copper.net Email Migration Issues Options
djlowe
#81 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 10:40:09 AM

Yes I totally agree that it appears that Mattis the only one that is looking out for us. Something else that I have seen is it during peak times it is near impossible to Compose a new message or reply to an old message not to mention no old mailboxes.
Chooch4
#82 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 11:27:48 AM

Update on my part of this catastrophe. Today for the very first time at the blazing speed of 21.6 Kbps I was able to get into the new email on my PC. It took a bit. A looonngg bit but the messages came through. But holy cow what a horrible setup! Some of the things: the wordage is totally foreign looking, I had NO folders at all, no old emails and no sent emails, I kept trying to delete what I thought would be larger emails and damn if they didn't keep reappearing and I was only guessing at their size since there's no sorting available that I can tell. Oh and I did try the "tour" and I guess I need help with even that!
The email I did leave on the server was downloaded to my desk PC and with the new port settings in Live Mail I am able to send and receive.
Really hate that webmail though. Copper's was so simple and for my slower connection it worked fine. If it wasn't such a pain I'd quit copper and go somewhere else.
matt
#83 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 12:17:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for being away. We're working with the new email provider to get an update on why the old messages aren't flowing in as expected. I do expect to get them coming in soon, but I'm not expecting much action until Monday morning. As soon as I can get an update, I'll post a here.

I know I've been apologizing a lot and apologies don't fix anything but I am truly sorry you are all having to deal with this. I won't stop working on this until we have all of the issues resolved.
voyager
#84 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 12:25:56 PM

Matt, please, respond to post #64 regarding mobile view questions. Thank-you.
matt
#85 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 1:06:57 PM

voyager wrote:
Response to Matt Regarding Mobile View(s ):

Matt said:
"Could either of you also try this, I know it's not elegant at all, but again just taking a shot at something.

1. Go to https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login
2. Press F12 on your keyboard
3. At the top of the screen, in the Dimensions drop down list, select iPhone SE
4. Refresh the page.
5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to close the panel with the code on the right by clicking the x at the top right of the code screen.

This process should load the mobile version of the webmail interface and hopefully not load all of the javascript that the desktop version uses....

...This is correct, it should open the developer console and give you an option at the top of the scene to the mobile version of the page. Once you change views and refresh the page, I'm curious if it will load faster for you."

--The one browser I use does not have iPhone SE as an option. It has iPhone 4, 5, 6, 6Plus, also some Blackberries, Nokias, and Samsungs. Which one?
The other browser I use (Firefox) requires an add-on and it offers only iPhone OS 13_5_1. Would that work?

Voyager,

You should be able to select any of the iPhone phone models listed there. Perhaps try the 6Plus option. I wouldn't bother with the firefox download as we're just testing, so we'll try the simple things first.
mlw
#86 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 10:58:47 PM

It's getting hard to navigate all of this. Quote "Older messages will be queued for import after you log into the new interface for the first time. The population of older messages could take as long as four days from your first login to the new webmail interface". When might I expect them or as they say are they Dust in the Wind?
mlw
#87 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 10:59:51 PM

voyager
#88 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 12:29:01 AM

matt wrote:
voyager wrote:
Response to Matt Regarding Mobile View(s ):

Matt said:
"Could either of you also try this, I know it's not elegant at all, but again just taking a shot at something.

1. Go to https://webmail-3109.everyone.net/#/login
2. Press F12 on your keyboard
3. At the top of the screen, in the Dimensions drop down list, select iPhone SE
4. Refresh the page.
5. Once you are logged in, you should be able to close the panel with the code on the right by clicking the x at the top right of the code screen.

This process should load the mobile version of the webmail interface and hopefully not load all of the javascript that the desktop version uses....

...This is correct, it should open the developer console and give you an option at the top of the scene to the mobile version of the page. Once you change views and refresh the page, I'm curious if it will load faster for you."

--The one browser I use does not have iPhone SE as an option. It has iPhone 4, 5, 6, 6Plus, also some Blackberries, Nokias, and Samsungs. Which one?
The other browser I use (Firefox) requires an add-on and it offers only iPhone OS 13_5_1. Would that work?

Voyager,

You should be able to select any of the iPhone phone models listed there. Perhaps try the 6Plus option. I wouldn't bother with the firefox download as we're just testing, so we'll try the simple things first.

I do not know how to get the mobile view to be active in a normal tab. It only shows in a sample in the console page. However, my home page will load there, but https://webmail-3109.everyone.net does not load at all/blank.

...but also...

Without any mobile view:

I tried logging in as usual, but it no longer works. After logging in, it is just blank/white page. I can no longer log into email...OMG...

I tried Firefox. Firefox will not even load the login page at all.

The old mail always loaded quickly, logged in within 20-30 seconds, and everything in it worked GREAT...WITH dialup.

I have to leave for a work assignment on Friday and will be away until August. I will not be able to test dial up after that to know if it will work when I come back. I hope this is fixed by Friday.

glaw
#89 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 1:53:33 PM

Sunday March 13, all old emails and folders were migrated to the new email system. Everything is copacetic.
Thanks Matt!!Dancing
mcbud
#90 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 5:02:03 PM

i got my email back on the 8th BUT it's now been 5 days (4 days was promised) and i still haven't received any of my old emails and some of those are crucial
voyager
#91 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 7:14:26 PM

glaw wrote:
Sunday March 13, all old emails and folders were migrated to the new email system. Everything is copacetic.
Thanks Matt!!Dancing

If you had read and unread mails in the old mail, did they migrate that way in the new mail?
voyager
#92 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 7:27:15 PM

If there is anyone else here besides llww and chooch4 who uses dial-up, please, either say here or private message me. Thanks.
llww
#93 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 9:28:37 PM

VOYAGER -- EUREKA! (Or whatever Archimedes said when he found his emails...)
I too discovered that trying a friend's iPad at a different location with fast internet provided access to recent Copper emails (though not old folders yet). But that doesn't help my dial-up-only-desktop at home with what Matt described as "slow loading times due to your connection and the javascript needed"... ("SLOW" is not the exact word. "IMPOSSIBLE" is. That cog is still forever cog-itatin'!)

What an irksome irony that a dial-up company can't provide working dial-up webmail. This is the most frustrating computer ineptitude (other than my own, har) I've ever faced. Life is too short to stare endlessly at a blank page. I'm ready to go to some other email provider -- if any can still be had with obsolete dial-up. Anyway voyager, good luck getting a fix in time.

CHOOCH4 -- "gray hair?" Nope, pulled it all out already! sad
I agree that the new webmail set-up is horrible with dial-up (but far more agreeable with faster access). Good luck to you too.
voyager
#94 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 12:13:28 AM

llww wrote:
I too discovered that trying a friend's iPad at a different location with fast internet provided access to recent Copper emails (though not old folders yet). But that doesn't help my dial-up-only-desktop at home with what Matt described as "slow loading times due to your connection and the javascript needed"... ("SLOW" is not the exact word. "IMPOSSIBLE" is. That cog is still forever cog-itatin'!)

What an irksome irony that a dial-up company can't provide working dial-up webmail. This is the most frustrating computer ineptitude (other than my own, har) I've ever faced. Life is too short to stare endlessly at a blank page. I'm ready to go to some other email provider -- if any can still be had with obsolete dial-up. Anyway voyager, good luck getting a fix in time.

CHOOCH4 -- "gray hair?" Nope, pulled it all out already! sad
I agree that the new webmail set-up is horrible with dial-up (but far more agreeable with faster access). Good luck to you too.

"javascript needed"?...nope. We dialups do NOT need it. Either get rid of it and get something that works for EVERYONE (everyone.net, right?!?), or fix it so it does work for EVERYONE, or else "everyone.net" will be an irony and a lie.
mccauley93
#95 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 8:09:18 AM

Still no folders!! It is a shame that when a company makes promises that it can't or will not keep. I was hoping to access my folders that had extremely valuable information. Making it difficult to prepare taxes when you get info about donations and amount spent on education through the email server and place them ins secured ASL-AgeSexLocation folders.

Being told 4 days is not acceptable. I feel that just saying a number is a way to make us stop complaining for 4 days instead of the actual time to fix this. Sorry to be so negative but it is beyond frustrating.
lepstein
#96 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:03:48 PM

No folders either someone please help.
matt
#97 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:08:31 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't forgotten about your issues, I've been working behind the scenes trying to find solutions to your questions. I'll respond to each of you individually later today, but for now could a few of you please help me test something?

I'm working on the old mail sync issue and I was hoping a few of you could please try to send an email to resync-me@everyone.net

You should not need to put anything in the subject or body. The simple act of sending a message to that address should cause your old mail to populate in as little as half an hour.

I'm testing on my side but would like to know if it works for any of you.

I'll continue working on all of the issues mentioned here and fixing the mail sync issue in bulk, but this might be a way for several of you to get your old mail a little faster.

Thank you for your help and patience with this.
voyager
#98 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:10:15 PM

voyager wrote:
llww wrote:

"javascript needed"?...nope. We dialups do NOT need it. Either get rid of it and get something that works for EVERYONE (everyone.net, right?!?), or fix it so it does work for EVERYONE, or else "everyone.net" will be an irony and a lie.

I check access every day. Previously, my chrome based browser "appeared" to take my login, but would not get further than a blank page, and Firefox would not load the login page at all. Now, neither will load the login page.

Is this being worked on? Is everyone.net really going to be for everyone? ....waiting for update.
lepstein
#99 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:11:55 PM

No folders either someone please help.
lepstein
#100 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 1:30:00 PM

Using email rest worked thanks Matt
9 Pages «<34567>»