Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyCopper Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

9 Pages «<6789>
Copper.net Email Migration Issues Options
voyager
#141 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 11:00:23 PM

matt wrote:
Sorry for going MIA for so long everyone. We are still here. Please let me know if you're still not getting responses from support. They were extremely overwhelmed for a while, but should be getting caught up now.

Matt, have you read through all the posts since you were gone?

Can this everyone.net mail be fixed so that we dialup people can use it, and thus include everyone?
matt
#142 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 1:59:40 PM

voyager wrote:
matt wrote:
Sorry for going MIA for so long everyone. We are still here. Please let me know if you're still not getting responses from support. They were extremely overwhelmed for a while, but should be getting caught up now.

Can this everyone.net mail be fixed so that we dialup people can use it, and thus include everyone?

Voyager,

The short and unfortunate answer is that the webmail interface we have access to today is what we are currently stuck with. They haven't been willing to provide an alternate interface for users on slow connections. It's very unfortunate, but the internet has progressed so much in the last few years that users on slow internet connections or older versions of software are rarely considered...

My only suggestions at this point would be to:

1. use a local client (like Thunderbird) configured for IMAP to send and receive mail
2. use an alternate site like Gmail to proxy your email through. I can describe this process in more detail if it sounds like an acceptable solution for you.
3. install a javascript blocker (like NoScript) to block any unnecessary javascript. This option would be trial and error. You would have to determine one by one which bits of javascript were necessary to render the page and block all others in an attempt to make the pages load faster.

Unfortunately, those are the only options it looks like we are going to be able to offer.
voyager
#143 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 9:11:56 PM

matt wrote:
voyager wrote:
matt wrote:

Voyager,

The short and unfortunate answer is that the webmail interface we have access to today is what we are currently stuck with. They haven't been willing to provide an alternate interface for users on slow connections. It's very unfortunate, but the internet has progressed so much in the last few years that users on slow internet connections or older versions of software are rarely considered...

My only suggestions at this point would be to:

1. use a local client (like Thunderbird) configured for IMAP to send and receive mail
2. use an alternate site like Gmail to proxy your email through. I can describe this process in more detail if it sounds like an acceptable solution for you.
3. install a javascript blocker (like NoScript) to block any unnecessary javascript. This option would be trial and error. You would have to determine one by one which bits of javascript were necessary to render the page and block all others in an attempt to make the pages load faster.

Unfortunately, those are the only options it looks like we are going to be able to offer.

Totally unfair, when the reason for having copper.net mail in the first place is for dialup service.

voyager
#144 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 12:15:11 AM

Matt: here are a couple more questions,

1. You said, "They haven't been willing..."--who, exactly, are "they"?

2. I report spam to the proper network authorities. Ever since this mail change, ironically, I have been getting my spam reports bounced falsely as spam, as follows:

"On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 19:17:30 -0400, Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@mail107c40.carrierzone.com> wrote:

The original message was received at Sat, 2 Apr 2022 19:17:29 -0400
from webmail@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
abuse@serverion.com
(reason: 550 5.7.1 232NHTxF007077 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.)
(expanded from: abuse@serverion.com)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to localhost:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 232NHTxF007077 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
Final-Recipient: RFC822; abuse@serverion.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; localhost
Diagnostic-Code: @serverion.com; 550 5.7.1 232NHTxF007077 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 19:17:30 -0400"

I have written this "carrierzone" and demanded it stop blocking my reports and demanded that it respond to me, but it does neither. I have to use a proxy with my yahoo and copy over all these messages and resend the reports each time. Could you, please, have this carrierzone STOP blocking my reports?

voyager
#145 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 11:41:34 AM

Stop this "carrierzone" from blocking my reports:

The original message was received at Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:03:48 -0400
from webmail@localhost

abuse@onecorp.eu
(reason: 550 5.7.1 23CF3m0T019719 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.)
(expanded from: abuse@onecorp.eu)

>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 23CF3m0T019719 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.
rft60046
#146 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 11:54:44 AM

Still having dupl emails, happens after closing and later reopening MS 'Live mail'. my fault?
morgans
#147 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 3:25:28 PM

After 3 resync requests I still do not have my old folders. Is there any hope I ever will?
voyager
#148 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2022 10:37:26 AM

EMAIL MIGRATION ISSUE

I have been migrated to an email that will not cease from blocking my spam reports. Please, fix this so that they send:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:26:57 -0400, Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@mail102c40.carrierzone.com> wrote:

The original message was received at Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:26:56 -0400
from webmail@localhost

abuse@microsoft.com
(reason: 550 5.7.1 23IEQu0T019479 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.)
(expanded from: abuse@microsoft.com)

>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 23IEQu0T019479 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.
Final-Recipient: RFC822; abuse@microsoft.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; localhost
Diagnostic-Code: @microsoft.com; 550 5.7.1 23IEQu0T019479 This message has been blocked for containing SPAM-like characteristics.
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:26:57 -0400
chooch4
#149 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2022 9:49:13 AM

Unfair to the dialup users is an understatement. It literally ejects them from the system. I can get into the email on a hotspot when in town but at home it's basically a no-go even when connected at a faster speed than usual. IF I do get in I have no folders except Inbox, no way to save messages and no way to look back at already saved messages. And many times IF I do get in at home it tells me the inbox is empty when you know it isn't. This morning all it's done is sit on "redirecting" on the log-in page. The service is a joke.
Matt, you said there's a way to proxy? How does that work exactly? If you think it would work better for us slow guys, please let us know. Otherwise, I see no alternative but to drop copper.net even though I've been a user for years and years.
voyager
#150 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 10:07:26 AM

chooch4 wrote:
Unfair to the dialup users is an understatement. It literally ejects them from the system. I can get into the email on a hotspot when in town but at home it's basically a no-go even when connected at a faster speed than usual. IF I do get in I have no folders except Inbox, no way to save messages and no way to look back at already saved messages. And many times IF I do get in at home it tells me the inbox is empty when you know it isn't. This morning all it's done is sit on "redirecting" on the log-in page. The service is a joke.
Matt, you said there's a way to proxy? How does that work exactly? If you think it would work better for us slow guys, please let us know. Otherwise, I see no alternative but to drop copper.net even though I've been a user for years and years.

I agree. It should not be this way. I have 3 things to try when I get home...some dial up adjustments I came across, a firefox user agent, and a javascript blocker. Until then, I am going to work on cleaning out my mail here, and if none of those 3 work for dialup, I am going to change to the email service that comes with the dialup service that I use at home.

As far as proxy, I think he said it was through Google mail. Yahoo also works for proxy--I've used it in the past for test purposes
chooch4
#151 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 11:33:20 AM

So ridiculous having to go into town to get home email. The email service is not consistent. One day you get in, one day you get in but no folders and then finally you can't get in at all. Sick of seeing the redirecting gear go round and round. Plus, it seems a helluva a lot emails hit the spam folder. Right now I'm waiting for some emails that may have been sent there and there's nothing I can do about it. Voyager, if there's anything you can throw my way I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I guess it'll be bye-bye for me too in the near future. Did have a rumor that the cable company may be heading my way with aerial connection. Keeping my fingers crossed on that!
voyager
#152 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 8:06:49 PM

chooch4 wrote:
So ridiculous having to go into town to get home email. The email service is not consistent. One day you get in, one day you get in but no folders and then finally you can't get in at all. Sick of seeing the redirecting gear go round and round. Plus, it seems a helluva a lot emails hit the spam folder. Right now I'm waiting for some emails that may have been sent there and there's nothing I can do about it. Voyager, if there's anything you can throw my way I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I guess it'll be bye-bye for me too in the near future. Did have a rumor that the cable company may be heading my way with aerial connection. Keeping my fingers crossed on that!

(Sent in private message.)
chooch4
#153 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 8:12:08 PM

well, it's been three days now that I cannot get into my email. The webmail site will not load at my dialup speed (which makes it useless for dialup users) so tomorrow I'll need to go into town and use a Wi-Fi or a hotspot to see email. There are apparently some larger size messages that I cannot download via Live Mail. So why even keep copper.net. It's becoming more of a stress situation. Disgusted with the whole thing.Going to be a hassle notifying email address change to family, friends, clinics, dentists, vets, banks, school and all the other places. Gee, thanks copper.net. You really helped out your subscribers.
Thanks, voyager. I'll check tomorrow.
llww
#154 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 9:14:57 PM

CHOOCH4 said: "So why even keep copper.net. It's becoming more of a stress situation. Disgusted with the whole thing. Going to be a hassle notifying email address change to family, friends, clinics, dentists, vets, banks, school and all the other places. Gee, thanks copper.net. You really helped out your subscribers."

I say: DITTO!!! Angry
voyager
#155 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 2:19:54 AM

ME ALSO...AGREED.
gemini
#156 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 3:01:55 AM

voyager wrote:
ME ALSO...AGREED.

It looks like I'll be leaving as well - as soon as I deal with thousands of emails & saved photos/videos/& pics.Angry

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
gemini
#157 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 3:09:54 AM

chooch4 wrote:
well, it's been three days now that I cannot get into my email. The webmail site will not load at my dialup speed (which makes it useless for dialup users) so tomorrow I'll need to go into town and use a Wi-Fi or a hotspot to see email. There are apparently some larger size messages that I cannot download via Live Mail. So why even keep copper.net. It's becoming more of a stress situation. Disgusted with the whole thing.Going to be a hassle notifying email address change to family, friends, clinics, dentists, vets, banks, school and all the other places. Gee, thanks copper.net. You really helped out your subscribers.
Thanks, voyager. I'll check tomorrow.

☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧

chooch4:
I use my smartphone for everything. I have no landline so my email is on my phone. I very rarely bother to drag out my computer. Do you have cell service and email on your phone??

People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did; but people will never forget how you made them feel!! ANONYMOUS

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (well said)
-Mahatma Gandhi

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man...
- Mark Twain
chooch4
#158 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 3:00:10 PM

Sadly no cell phone service either. We are in a “dead” zone. Last year we had landline go out for nearly a week. Talk about being careful! So when cable co. Said they were thinking of going aerial down ou road we were ecstatic.
chooch4
#159 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2022 9:05:15 PM

Has anyone with true dialup been able to access their web email correctly? I can't do it at all from my home. Like I said, it's damn near worthless. I don't know how to use any proxies or whatever. I would rather have a re-migration to an actual service that worked than keep this up. In fact I CAN'T keep this up - I'm missing emails and relatives are calling, asking if everything is ok.
I'm going to start my list of contacts to notify now. If copper cannot help us then we need to forsake them like they've forsaken us. Frankly, I hope everyone drops them.
alkarocky
#160 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 7:54:14 AM

chooch4 wrote:
Has anyone with true dialup been able to access their web email correctly? I can't do it at all from my home. Like I said, it's damn near worthless. I don't know how to use any proxies or whatever. I would rather have a re-migration to an actual service that worked than keep this up. In fact I CAN'T keep this up - I'm missing emails and relatives are calling, asking if everything is ok.
I'm going to start my list of contacts to notify now. If copper cannot help us then we need to forsake them like they've forsaken us. Frankly, I hope everyone drops them.

watch the stats. they are going down for the last month.

there were over 3400 members.

now listed at 3377 OhMyGod
9 Pages «<6789>