ctw1949
Certified organic poultry farmer in SE Mass

Life in general
Hot days are leaving and fall weather has come. I'm glad for the change, the drought and heat were extreme this summer. Watering the garden was a chore, I left it for after 5 PM since my garden is in the shade then. I have pulled out the jalapeƱo peppers and planted some swiss chard and spinach with a late crop of dill. The only parsley available was Italian, which hasn't produced nearly as well as curly leaf parsley. The horseradish has done very well...the leaves are 4 feet high and I have had to prune them back since they shade some of the other plants. The cucumbers did OK, I had to buy in some started cukes b/c insects ate the newly sprouted seeds right to the soil line. I am going to remedy the carbon issue with 40# of greensand which will help the soil absorb and hold water.

I went back to work at my client's last week. It's been too hot and dry to attempt any transplanting. My client has issues with her back and dragging a hose or carrying a watering can is something she can't do every day. The two days Sam and I worked, we cleared out an area about 25X50' of bittersweet vines that had overgrown an area to a height of about 4'. Some of the vines were climbing saplings and were heading for her cable wire. The pile of vines is huge and we will have a lot of burning to do next spring. The area looks so good without all the vines obscuring the ground cover...and the client is very happy with the results.

I took my Volvo for an undercoating job yesterday. The car will be ready today. It's a small price to pay to protect this wonderful car from winter road salt and ocean effects. I know the salt is in the air...I see it on the windows after a foggy night. Soon, I hope to have a new radio installed, it's been several years without tunes or NPR! I have new door pockets to put in, too. I've had the for at least three years, still in the box.

The fires out west have been unreal. Smoke has reached the east coast! We don't have any air quality issues yet, but the sky is milky from upper atmosphere smoke. The night sky is dim.

There is no virus in our building yet. Several other larger housing complexes have closed due to infection. We are lucky. Massachusetts is going back to school, most classes are held outdoors when weather permits. I know the kids are anxious, want to learn but have anxiety about getting sick. I'm not sure the schools in this city are ready for students, at least that's what I heard from a friend who is in the teaching system. We shall see how well the schools are prepared to keep the kids safe...and the staff personnel.

Time to start my day! Thanks for reading!
Comments
Hello
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 11:51 PM by snake io
Honestly, I'd want to see more individuals writing on this subject put in the work and time that you do. I am forever grateful for your vision and intelligence.
immobilier
Friday, October 7, 2022 6:48 AM by go-immobilier.ch
Ils pourraient avoir besoin de consolider une partie des sujets qui ont été généralement utilisés dans les bars et les cafés des environs. Étant donné que cette zone a un terrain de Wrigley, de nombreuses personnes aiment utiliser des sujets sportifs.
idriptherapy
Friday, October 7, 2022 6:47 AM by https://idriptherapy.com/
We're clustered together inside in light of the fact that its chilly outside. Being in nearer vicinity permits this season's virus, which is conveyed essentially by contact and sniffle, to promptly head out starting with one individual then onto the next more. It's a good idea that being in nearer closeness would increment influenza frequency a piece.
Beagle
Tuesday, November 29, 2022 11:04 AM by Beagle breeders
Beagles love to remain in packs thus when they are abandoned for significant stretches of time in little condos they might have conduct issues. A portion of these conduct issues incorporate, over the top yapping, fear of abandonment, and obliterating family objects.
Greenville
Thursday, December 1, 2022 5:11 AM by DJs near Greenville North Carolina
One country you could not quickly ponder for a fantasy wedding is Canada, however with the false Gothic Banff Springs Lodging and the extraordinary Estate Lake Louise in Alberta, alongside the numerous really verifiable structures in Montreal, Canada is a genuine competitor for a mind blowing house wedding with a cutting edge bend.
profile
Thursday, December 1, 2022 12:41 PM by dating profile
On the off chance that you partake in the outside, show it with pictures of you in nature. Your photos need to recount you. Seriously, individuals start envisioning what it might be want to meet somebody like you just by what they view in your profile.
style pen
Friday, December 9, 2022 5:27 AM by style pen
The Atlantic article Ms. According to doll, "Mr. Schmitz (Leader of Monte Blanc Pens) consistently conveys no less than two pens with him during his typical business day: One is a utilitarian roller-ball, the other a wellspring pen.